Not Engaged Yet

FRIDAY!!!!!

We made it through another work week! What's on the agenda for the weekend?

Tonight I'm REALLY looking forward to going home, cooking dinner and not moving from my couch. It. Will. Be. GLORIOUS. 

Tomorrow, @hummingbird125 and I are getting together and having a puppy play-date at her house. We're going to eat some yummy foods and watch Lucy and Kaya run around and be best friends. 

Sunday, I need to clean the apartment, meal plan, and go food shopping. That night, H and I have a suite for the Street League Skateboarding Championship. We went last year and it was a lot of fun and we were able to get a suite for it as part of our prize from the Devils so H has a bunch of friends joining us. Should be a good time! 

Re: FRIDAY!!!!!

• TGIF! Every day this week has felt like it should be Friday to me so I'm so happy it's finally here.
    I'm going to walk after work today if it's not raining, make dinner and sit on the couch. Hopefully FI will come home after work tonight so we can spend a little time together. 
    I'm probably going to go to my gramma's tomorrow. She's trying to clean out her house to prepare to sell it and then she'll be moving in with my aunt so she needs to get rid of a lot of stuff.. She wants me to come down and go through baking/cooking stuff that she'll store for me at my aunt's until FI and I have more space. 
    Sunday I should be cleaning the bathroom but we'll see if that happens.

• I wish I could say TGIF but I will most likely have to come in to work this weekend because I am still drowning. The girl who used to be in my position is supposed to be helping me out today so hopefully that will help me dig out a bit. 

Tonight I have to clean the house. Laundry is piling up, the kitchen needs to be cleaned, the whole house needs to be vacuumed, and the bathroom needs a good scrubbing. I would like to get it all done tonight but I might just crash when I get home.

Tomorrow BF has his second of two Fantasy Football drafts so he will be gone most of the day. I have practice in the morning, then I will finish cleaning what I don't get to tonight. Then we are having a surprise party for my aunt who is visiting from Vegas. It's at my crazy step-aunts house though and I don't want to see that side of the family right now but I don't want to sit home alone either. 

Sunday we have a birthday party and I have a wedding shower. I know BF is still dying to go see movies too so maybe we can squeeze that in. 

Life is still crazy right now, especially work. Things will calm down after next Tuesday afternoon so hopefully then I can come back and play during the day. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
    friends tv show funy
  • TGIF! I feel like I'm coming down with a cold or something so I've been really tired all week, but I've also been busy so it has moved quickly.

Tonight SO and I are going to a rodeo. It has become a yearly tradition to go to this one. Unfortunately, they are calling for rain, so I hope that doesn't come to fruition.

Tomorrow we are going to a wedding for one of his friends (actually both the bride and groom are his friends). I've never met either of them, but so far I like them. The wedding is at 4:30 with the reception to immediately follow so that means no GAP!!!! A++ in my book. It also means I don't have to spend the whole day at the wedding, which may allow me to go get the rest of my SO birthday present taken care of in the morning.

This leaves Sunday and because I'm doing stuff the rest of the weekend, Sunday will be left to do laundry and grocery shopping. YAY! (heavy sarcasm) I also want to finish the top to this t-shirt quilt I'm making for a friend to give to her husband. Fingers crossed I find the time.
  • TGIF! Yesterday felt like it should have been Friday, so I just need to make it through this workday as quickly as possible!

Today after work I'm going to the gym for the FOURTH day in a row! This is the longest streak I've had in months, so I'm feeling great about that. Tonight will likely be staying at home with FI and the pup, and watching movies.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to go buy the ingredients to make lobster rolls for myself and @Swazzle! Then FI will take my car and head up to his friend's house for the day/night for their fantasy football draft party. @Swazzle and I will hopefully spend the day eating, drinking, and getting some sun while watching our pups become BFFFL's.

FI should be home before I wake up on Sunday, and then we'll probably go hiking with Kaya, go food shopping, and who knows what else.

And hey - next weekend is a three day weekend!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm working from home today so I'm glad I was able to get my workout on this morning and not have to run home and get ready.

Tonight H has to work so I'll be hanging out with Maddux all night watching movies and drinking wine.

Saturday morning I'll get up early to go for a long run since it has been nice and cool. The afternoons have been getting crazy hot so I'm avoiding working out in then right now. Then I'm getting breakfast with one of my gf's while H goes to the gym. That evening we are having some of H's friends come over. Again, I don't know them that well but I'm sure it will be a good time either way.

Sunday is a chill day, we don't have much planned. H has to work and I think his mom might stop by for lunch.
  • edited August 2014
    I am about to badge out at work and turn in my computer, so I will be checking in with you all later!!  have a great Friday!!

ETA:  really quick, before I sign out... :)

today I am going out to lunch with my coworkers and then I'll probably get sent home after that.  I need to do my last day of 30DS L1 and get ready for a Girls' Night Out with some friends.

tomorrow we're taking the dogs to a dog/cat expo/shot clinic, and then tomorrow evening we're going out with my family for my birthday.

Sunday, I'll probably take a nap after church.

• TGIF ladies! I work all weekend, so enjoy it for me! Saturday I think a friend wants to do a movie night with our group, and Sunday evening I'm gonna run after work. My good friend also broke up with her BF last night, so sometime tonight or tomorrow I'll check on her and see if she needs to be distracted, listened to, etc.
  • @lavenderfields13 - What are you making for dinner tonight?

@caseface5 - Damn girl! I hope you're able to find some time to relax for a little bit somewhere in there!

@thetimewillcome - Fingers crossed for no rain tonight! Have fun at the wedding!

@Hummingbird125 - If Kaya goes missing after I leave tomorrow, it wasn't me. Or Lucy. 

@southernpeach89 - Jealous of your WFH day! 

@CocoBellaF - Enjoy your last day of work!!!!

@CLoGreenEyes - I hope you have a lovely weekend even though you have to work :)

• Yay it's finally Friday!

Tonight I have to do some cleaning around the house, it shouldn't take too long.  I plan to make dough from scratch tonight for our homemade pizza. We'll see how that turns out.  Then just some relaxing with H. 

Tomorrow one of H's groomsmen and his wife are coming down late afternoon for a BBQ.  It should be fun.  I'm hoping they stay long enough to at least get the fire pit going for some s'mores.  Sunday I have no official plans, H will be working to do the backsplash in the kitchen so I may help with that. Sunday may require a trip to the famer's market for some veggies.

Anniversary

• TGIF! Tonight I'm going to do some laundry before FI and I go to gaming, because weirdly enough I have no clean clothing again.

Saturday I'm going to do more laundry, then FI and I are going to work on cleaning. I was hoping to paint the basement floor, but since it's supposed to be thundery all weekend I don't think we'll be able to since you have to have a window open. Bummer.

Sunday we'll probably clean early in the day, but then ... it's fantasy draft day! I don't know if any of us are meeting for draft or where, but it will be fun no matter where we are. On that note, ESPN standard scoring: QB or RB in the first round? I'm still torn.
  • Ladies - I have to book and run today, got a ton of things dropped on me at work that I didn't know about (my TL is HORRIBLE with communication).

Tonight - Relax
    Tomorrow - Get marriage license stuff taken care of!!!! 
    We double booked ourselves
    Cleveland Indians game @ 7:05p
    Cleveland Gladiators game @8:00p
    We will go to the Indians game for an hour then after everybody is seated for Gladiators, we'll wander over there (maybe we'll go earlier).
    Sunday - Relax!!

I have to get Nessie scheduled for a groom appointment, I need to get an oil change and a minor repair done to my car (the hood release cable got stretched so I need to get it replaced/fixed) - I'll probably do these things next weekend though.

Anniversary
  • I also wanted to say:

Thanks for all your support yesterday with the situation with my parents. 

Anniversary
  • I can't even begin to explain how happy I am that it's Friday.

Tonight I will probably go home, snuggle with the baby, do some laundry, and generally veg out. D will probably cook tonight.

Tomorrow, D is taking Bean to some Ultimate Arcade thingamajig for some father/son bonding time. Bean know's that they're doing something but he doesn't know what. He's going to flip shit when he finds out. While they're doing that, I'm gonna go hang with my FSIL and finish opening the cards from momi's wake/funeral. Then we're going to send out about a million thank you cards. 

Sunday, Bean has a birthday party to go to, and D has an interview. I'll meal plan, go to church, possibly go to the park with some other moms, and do laundry.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Today is going to be crazy! I'm at work until 10. Then I have to run to the doc to get a blood draw (My white blood cell count has been "elevated" so they want to test again). Then I'm off to Target to pick up a couple staples like deodorant and toothpaste. Then to the bank to get some moolah. Then I have to get the puppy packed for the kennel and drop him off for the week. Come home and PACK! Goodness, I can't believe I haven't started. Then i'm cleaning like a crazy person because I hate coming home from vacation to a dirty house. Hopefully a quiet night with H and early to bed.

Saturday we get up early and head to the airport for our flight to MEXICO! I can hardly wait to lie on a beach for a whole week!

AND...thank goodness this morning I woke up without a stuffy nose - so hopefully this cold or whatever has finally passed!!

• HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!! 

We've successfully made it through the first week of school, all alive and intact. That's all that really needs to be said! 

I'm not sure what we're doing this weekend, except for date night tomorrow night. Which Q is planning himself, so I have no clue what we're doing. 

@Swazzle - Sounds like a fun weekend! 

• @Dignity100 - YAY for marriage license!!! How exciting! 

@Caseface5 - You are crazy busy! I hope things slow down for you!

@CocoBellaF - Enjoy your very last day working for that horrific boss! And enjoy your lunch with co-workers.

• HOOOOORAYYYY Friday!! Even though it really doesn't feel like Friday to me, which is weird. Because I haven't been in my usual office every day, it makes it seem like it's only Wednesday. I guess it's a good sign that days in the athletic department don't feel like "real" work. 

I'm not sure what we're doing this weekend. I'm going to be jealous tomorrow that @swazzle and @hummingbird125 are having a puppy play date. I wish I was just a LITTLE bit closer to the city sometimes. 

It's my last free weekend before all my sports start, so FI & I are going to spend the weekend together. Tonight we're going to Mexican Radio for dinner (help me pick what to eat, if you want: LINK) with some friends, and those are all the major plans! I need a weekend to relax with FI before my life is overrrrrrrrrrr. 

@keptinstiches - I'd go RB in the first round. You can get a good QB later, but you want to snatch up a good RB early.

*******************************************************************************************

• Oh thank goodness for Friday.  I'm beat.

Today is a crazy hectic day at work with a ton to do.  I've got to make it to the gym at some point too.  H and I are interviewing a dog walker (because our dog is a beast on-leash) and then relaxing.

Saturday we are up early to put up a fence in our new home, finish sanding the floors and staining floors (and fixing a patch of the floors where floor boards came up). H and I will grab a nice dinner that night to treat ourselves.

Sunday will be more house work honestly.  We are going to a work-related picnic in the afternoon so that should break things up.  I swear when Monday comes I won't know what happened to the weekend.

• @allusive007 glad you are feeling better! Enjoy your vacation!

Anniversary

• @swazzle, this is what's for dinner!

@caseface5, what movies does your BF want to see? FI loves horror movies and I HATE them. I can't remember the name of the movie he wants to see next but I don't want to see it. I went with him last time to see a scary movie to be nice and I just sat there with my hands over my eyes most of the time LOL

@allusive007 have an awesome time on vacation! What part of Mexico? You probably mentioned it but I missed it. I've been to the Mayan Riviera a couple of times, most recently last year. 

• @allusive007 - Have SO MUCH FUN!! Miss us all while you're gone ;)

*******************************************************************************************

• I only had a three-day work week but I am so glad it's almost over!

Tonight: BF and I are going to a bar where they clear out some of the tables and bring in video games and old arcade games. We never really play anything, but tons of our friends go there and they have a raffle every night for games and t shirts and stuff.

Surprisingly we don't have ANY weekend plans. On Saturday I want to get some cooking/baking done for my blog, while watching The Walking Dead.

We will probably go out for brunch with a group on Sunday, spend the day at the pool, and then do karaoke at night like we always do.

• @allusive007 - That resort looks gorgeous! I will have to remember that… Maybe a first anniversary trip! 

• I kept thinking yesterday was Friday so YAY IT'S REAL FRIDAY.

After work, I'm going to the gym (4th time this week--yasssss I am so great), and tonight, we're going to start addressing wedding invitations. Saturday, I have to go to work to deal with some cells, and then I'm heading to CT to visit my best friend and celebrate her birthday with her! It means lots of gossip, Hell's Kitchen, Friends, and swimming at her apartment's pool.

Sunday, I'm heading back to Boston (might stop by work AGAIN before heading home), and J and I will hopefully have a quiet night in before the next week starts up.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • TGIF!

Tonight, DH and I are either ordering takeout or going out to dinner.  After stuffing our pie holes, we're going home to snuggle, watch bad tv, and get to bed early.

Saturday, DH and I are planning on sleeping in.  Big time.  Then we're going to the farmer's market, maybe doing some grocery shopping, and having lots of sex.  (It's been 2 weeks...we've both been too busy...and we need to make up for lost time.)

Sunday, DH and I have a couples massage scheduled...which I cannot wait for.  Then we'll likely pick up around the house, snuggle, and have more sex.

I cannot WAIT for this all to go down.
  • @loves2shop4shoes Okay, that sounds like a top notch weekend. Jealous.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Peaseblossom55 - Yum, homemade pizza! I've never made my own dough, I always buy it.

@KeptInStitches - I hope you get a good fantasy team!

@Dignity100 - MARRIAGE LICENSE!!!!! WOOO!!!!!!!!

@beanbot2002 - Please to move closer. Love you. 

@allusive007 - Have an amazing trip! 

@Ollie07 - I can't wait to hear about your date! S never does stuff like that. 

@LaPeanut1018 - I hope your poison ivy clears up soon. That is A LOT of needles. The favor boxes are ADORABLE. Don't forget, if there's extra pies and cookies, I'll give you my address. 

@GoldenPenguin - I miss your face. Enjoy your weekend with S. You can't go wrong with ANYTHING on that menu. 

@minskat30 - I hope all of your home improvements go according to plan this weekend! 

@lavenderfields13 - OMG that looks amazing! I especially want the dipping sauce. 

@ashleybunny8 - There's a bar near me (it's actually called Barcade) that has a ton of old video games like that. I usually play like 2 games and then just focus on drinking. What season are you on on The Walking Dead?

@phira - Way to go with the gym visits!

@LivLeighton - Please steal all the cats from your cat visits and send them to me. Thx. 

@loves2shop4shoes - I vote takeout! Couples massage sounds AMAZING! Which reminds me, I still haven't gone for the massage H got me for my birthday! Maybe I'll see if they have an opening on Sunday :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards