Wedding Etiquette Forum

General Etiquette Question....

2»

Re: General Etiquette Question....

• cowgirl8238cowgirl8238 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    In general I like baby showers so this may skew my opinion a bit. Generally speaking I am okay with showers (in order) for the following reasosn: Obvs. the 1st child, followed by large gaps that were unplanned, (aka the opps baby), divorced parents that lost their baby stuff. After that, a sip and see and/or sprinkle are a maybe for me. I do not like showers were people register for a ton of big ticket items (you need one carseat and one crib...not an entire kingdom!). I will side eye if you register at all for second/third/whatever babies. You get one nice shower. ETF paragraphs...but wouldn't fix, so I gave up :/
  • All the showers I have ever attended have been for a second child and were hosted by the mother herself. Both had big ticket items on their registries, however I never spent more than $40.

Interestingly, I never received a thank you note for either of them. 
  • perdonami said:
    All the showers I have ever attended have been for a second child and were hosted by the mother herself. Both had big ticket items on their registries, however I never spent more than $40.

Interestingly, I never received a thank you note for either of them. 

SITB
    Gross on so many levels.
  • edited August 2014
    Second showers make me ragey. I don't care if it is an "oops baby" - not my problem. A shower is intended to celebrate you becoming a parent. That has already happened. I don't care if it's a different gender, triplets, or 20 years in between. You already became parents and were helped out on that journey. I will get your baby a present when it's born, but you do NOT get another shower. If it means that much to someone or group of someones to get you that many presents or a new stroller or whatever, they're more than welcome to buy it for you. You don't get another party.

• Second showers make me ragey. I don't care if it is an "oops baby" - not my problem. A shower is intended to celebrate you becoming a parent. That has already happened. I don't care if it's a different gender, triplets, or 20 years in between. You already became parents and were helped out on that journey. I will get your baby a present when it's born, but you do NOT get another shower. If it means that much to someone or group of someones to get you that many presents or a new stroller or whatever, they're more than welcome to buy it for you. You don't get another party.

I was invited to an "oops" baby shower a few years ago. The mother-to-be was hosting and she explained the shower was appropriate because "when you give all your old baby stuff away, you get pregnant, oops!" My response : "pretty sure you pregnant when the sperm meets the egg" just sayin'

Needless to say, I didn't attend :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards