Honeymoon Discussions

Can somebody please tell me exactly how these honeymoon registries work?

do you book your actual trip through these sites? do you pay upfront? do the gifts really go toward things you choose such as dinners and massages?  I am so confused. is it worth it? do you get a cash reimbursement or does the money go to the resort? HELP!

Re: Can somebody please tell me exactly how these honeymoon registries work?

• I highly recommend reading this thread. It's basically a service that collects money for you and then returns it to you in the form of a check minus some fees.

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/281647/thinking-of-a-honeymoon-registry/p1

• They don't work, they are a scam.

Your guests give money to the company. The company takes their cut of your gifts, and gives you a check for what remains. It is an idiot tax. If you want money for a honeymoon, don't register, and when people ask about registries, you say, we didn't register but we are saving for a honeymoon. Then, people take the hint and write you a check, and you get to keep all of your gifts instead of 95% of them. Yay!
  • They rip off and deceive your guests, period.
  • Skip the honeymoon registry!  They are rude and deceptive.  Just don't register.  People will get the hint and give you cash.
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    All the previous posters make very, very good points. Registering for cash is still perceived as rude by a lot of people, people who you are probably inviting to your wedding. Skip the fees and discomfort by not registering anywhere. Then take the cash gifts and use that for your honeymoon. My advice here would be to book a honeymoon you can afford so that there is no panic if your gifts end up being less than what you expected. Never plan for anything based on what you may or may not have tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards