Chit Chat
Options

Douche -B finally got what was coming to him

Re: Douche -B finally got what was coming to him

• Options
    @ashley8918‌ - I'm so sorry to hear that story. I know those things are painful to revisit. Thanks for sharing.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    MrsEverhart, I urge you to read @ashley8918‌'s post. There is a lot more to domestic abuse than you realize. Please educate yourself.
    @sarahbear31 is better at containing her rage and profanity than I think I would be if I tried to respond to you right now.  What she said.
    The fact that she managed to do that without a plethora of all caps FUCKs is amazing.
  • Options
    MrsEverhart, I urge you to read @ashley8918‌'s post. There is a lot more to domestic abuse than you realize. Please educate yourself.
    @sarahbear31 is better at containing her rage and profanity than I think I would be if I tried to respond to you right now.  What she said.

SITB*******************

I read it. There was no new information about abuse within. As I said previously, I have sympathies for first time abuse victims and those that try to leave and are continually harassed by their abusers. When discussing the "cycle of abuse" if it's not to be continual, eventually someone must break it, no? 

What society does for those who cannot protect themselves is important. My gripe isn't with what society does for the abused. It's with the NFL. Who places a higher value on abused adults than animals. Which clearly, I do not, again, because animals and children have no way to exercise free will. Adults do. Until the NFL gets it, I have lost all respect for the organization, not that I had a whole lot to begin with. 
  • Options
    The fact that she managed to do that without a plethora of all caps FUCKs is amazing.
    She never ceases to amaze me. Seriously, Ashley. Thanks for sharing your story. There are way too many misconceptions about DV.
  • Options

SITB*******************

I read it. There was no new information about abuse within. As I said previously, I have sympathies for first time abuse victims and those that try to leave and are continually harassed by their abusers. When discussing the "cycle of abuse" if it's not to be continual, eventually someone must break it, no? 

What society does for those who cannot protect themselves is important. My gripe isn't with what society does for the abused. It's with the NFL. Who places a higher value on abused adults than animals. Which clearly, I do not, again, because animals and children have no way to exercise free will. Adults do. Until the NFL gets it, I have lost all respect for the organization, not that I had a whole lot to begin with. 

You are absolutely disgusting.
  • Options

SITB*******************

See? There really is nothing else to be said to her.
  • Options

SITB*******************

Friendly reminder that we can ignore users.  Click their name, and there is an "ignore" button next to the PM button :)

• Options

SITB*******************

Repulsive.

I had a whole reply typed up but I realized it would probably get me banned.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options

SITB*******************

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. thanks for the chuckle. i needed it. this diy project is really grating on my nerves and i needed the laugh to power me through it. the clock's a-tickin' :-))
  • Options
    Thank (insert deity) that I haven't come across a motherfucker this ignorant in real life (close, but not quite). I honestly have no idea how people can stand to be in your presence.
  • Options
    @lurkergirl‌, thanks for that, with any luck, there will be a lot of people hitting the ignore button! I've avoided responding to her because I don't want to get banned either!
  • Options
    @ashley8918, thank you for sharing your story, you're a very strong survivor, you are an inspiration.
  • Options
    Thank (insert deity) that I haven't come across a motherfucker this ignorant in real life (close, but not quite). I honestly have no idea how people can stand to be in your presence.
    I'm pretty sure it's because I surround myself with like-minded people. I was raised to believe my personal safety is my responsibility. I was raised to be able to not have to depend on others, especially a partner. So as long as I can survive on my own and ensure my own safety to the best of my ability, I'm doing okay. Those I choose to spend time with are of the same mind-set. I don't think I'd be any better at getting along with people who don't have a general like-mindedness on these very basic topics. It works both ways you know. 
  • Options
    THIS.

Am I allowed to tell her to go suck a bag of dicks? Whoops. Just did.
    I just called her a despicable person.  Oops.  If the worst happens, it was worth it and I'll hang out with you at TH.  I hope we don't get banned though, because I'd want to go out on something much more exciting than that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    THIS.

I just called her a despicable person.  Oops.  If the worst happens, it was worth it and I'll hang out with you at TH.  I hope we don't get banned though, because I'd want to go out on something much more exciting than that.
    I posted a "fuck you" gif, before the escalation. So, kinda curious if I'll get a warning/banned as well. 

Worth. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    THIS.

Honestly. Someone warn a girl if it's coming. I want to go out in a blaze of fuck-laden glory!

• Options
    natswild said:
    @ashley8918, thank you for sharing your story, you're a very strong survivor, you are an inspiration.
    Thank you @Natswild
  • Options
    THIS.

Honestly. Someone warn a girl if it's coming. I want to go out in a blaze of fuck-laden glory!

Anniversary
  • Options
    JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    I'm pretty sure it's because I surround myself with like-minded people. I was raised to believe my personal safety is my responsibility. I was raised to be able to not have to depend on others, especially a partner. So as long as I can survive on my own and ensure my own safety to the best of my ability, I'm doing okay. Those I choose to spend time with are of the same mind-set. I don't think I'd be any better at getting along with people who don't have a general like-mindedness on these very basic topics. It works both ways you know. 
    So you live in a bubble filled with assholes?  It must get stinky in there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I'm trying very hard to keep my cool. Really, I am. But do you understand just how disgusting, hurtful, dangerous, and insensitive your comments are????? Domestic abuse is psychological abuse, too.  You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.  You seriously just need to stop.
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    THIS.

YOU WIN ALL THE THINGS.

Posting Boondock Saints GIFs wins you the automatic prize of most of my love (I mean, I can't just give it all away. Kids & FI & all. Bummer) forever.

• Options
    mrs4everhartmrs4everhart member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    I assure you all, bags of dicks, the term "fuck you" and being thought of as despicable really doesn't ruffle my feathers any so I won't be trying to turn y'all in to moderators or whomever doles out the punishments on TK. If you punishment-doler-outers are reading this, please don't sanction these women for any TOS violations, I don't feel violated.

For probably the last time, not agreeing with the majority is not trolling. I'm sure it would be preferred for most of you to not have any dissenting opinions thrown in, so y'all can sit around and jerk each other off. 

As for my supposed lack of sensitivity toward Seneca's issue - one more time, say it with me now - I have sympathy for first time abuse victims. I feel badly that her husband decided to hit her in a drunken rage. I hope she drops him like a bad habit. But I think one of my favorite sayings sums it up: If you fuck me over once, it's your fault. Fuck me over again, it's my own. Same deal. And last I read it sounded like she was kicking him out. So I guess she must feel similarly, she's drawing the line on being sucked in to some horrid cycle of violence. Good on her.

But since it's story time, let me share what has developed these feelings: when I was about 13 my Mom's best friend's husband got drunk at a Super Bowl party (weird the NFL was involved then too) and after everyone left, beat the living shit out of her. Everyone knew afterwards because she was pretty beat up. My 13 year old self was appalled she wasn't kicking him out or leaving herself. I asked my Mom why. She had to explain that her friend was fairly trapped. No money of her own, no marketable skills to go get a job, no way of supporting herself and her twin sons (who were my age). I was flabbergasted to have to reconcile that any human being could end up in such a mess with relatively no way out. So grasping the teachable moment my Mom made me promise I'd never allow myself to end up in a similar situation when I grew up. Then my Dad chimed in and made me promise to do great harm to anyone stupid enough to lay his or her hands on me. 25 years later I'm still carrying those lessons and would rather propagate the attitude I have to others than the example set by women like Mrs. Rice. 

Edited: bc spell check is right, I totally made up the word doler.

• Options
    chibiyui said:
    THIS.

YOU WIN ALL THE THINGS.

Posting Boondock Saints GIFs wins you the automatic prize of most of my love (I mean, I can't just give it all away. Kids & FI & all. Bummer) forever.

Anniversary
  • Options
    You're so lucky to have learned such a valuable life lesson so early! SO many women are taught that you should let a man beat the shit out of you.
  • Options
    You're so lucky to have learned such a valuable life lesson so early! SO many women are taught that you should let a man beat the shit out of you.
    Well, it happens every day. So somewhere the same lesson must not be getting taught? Or, because there are so many women who do stay it teaches future generations it's normal. Which it is not. Obviously. 

So yea, I'd say I'm pretty damn lucky. If more little girls were taught that zero tolerance for this shit is the only option, I'd be willing to say after a few generations these "cycles of violence" would peter out. Because who'd be getting abused and who'd be doing the abusing? Very few people that's who.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards