Snarky Brides

Bridezilla Rant...the bride giving outragous demands

Re: Bridezilla Rant...the bride giving outragous demands

• hales2010 said:

Hello,

I thought I would update you on the situation. We are down to 1 bridesmaid. The last one is a cousin so she will more than likely not leave. The bride contacted me yesterday and tried to talk things out. I thought when she said that she meant to wanted to make thing right. I met up with her and pretty much all she did was tell me how horrible of a friend I was being for leaving the way I did. I told her that her mom kicked me and the other girl out and that she was being way to unreasonable. She continued to yell and scream until I just left finally. On the diet thing...yes she wants everyone who was left in the bridal party to lose weight before the wedding. She said she was doing it for the benefit of her girls so they do not look awful on the wedding day.Regardless I know I made the right choice still.

To the bolded:  This chick needs medication.  Just....WOW.  She's getting worse all the time.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Thank you for the update. This is one of those hot messes that you really want to follow. How sad that she has lost friends and alienated people. So glad dodged this bullet!
  • Good Lord. Its crazy to know that people like this even exist...
    *********************************************************************************

• edited June 2015
  • hales2010 said:

Hello,

I thought I would update you on the situation. We are down to 1 bridesmaid. The last one is a cousin so she will more than likely not leave. The bride contacted me yesterday and tried to talk things out. I thought when she said that she meant to wanted to make thing right. I met up with her and pretty much all she did was tell me how horrible of a friend I was being for leaving the way I did. I told her that her mom kicked me and the other girl out and that she was being way to unreasonable. She continued to yell and scream until I just left finally. On the diet thing...yes she wants everyone who was left in the bridal party to lose weight before the wedding. She said she was doing it for the benefit of her girls so they do not look awful on the wedding day.Regardless I know I made the right choice still.

SITB

Just WOW!  So nice for her to basically tell her nearest and dearest that she thinks they look fat and awful.  You know, but for their own good (sarcasm).

And hales2010, thank you for posting and keeping us updated about this train wreck.  I know its not funny to live through and I sympathize, but it is funny to read thirdhand. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow and I thought my Former future sister in law (wedding didn't happen thus the former) was unreasonable for her expensive hotel ($200 PER NIGHT) for two nights and dress.... 
    I would have dropped out in a second. 
    I plan on paying for my MOH's dresses (I only have two MOHs) since they have to travel and get a hotel for my wedding. 
  • Wait, did she not block the rooms? And when is your wedding?
    "Anyone can wear a white gown, but only a bride can wear a veil". ~Randy Fenoli Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OP thank you so much for keeping us in the know about all this craziness.  I know it stinks for you, but it sure is fascinating for us... anyway, three questions:

1. Are you still attending the wedding at all?  I'm hoping so just so we get the details on how it all goes down, though of course I understand why you wouldn't be comfortable being there.

2. What did she actually say when you pointed out her own mother kicked you out?  And how did she respond to whatever other completely valid points you happened to raise in the course of this conversation?

3. Have you ever considered literally just e-mailing her a link to this thread?  I would be so tempted if I were you... :P. 
  • @hales2010 good ness!! I'm sure your excited to get out of that hot mess.  Loose weight before the wedding.. are you kidding me.  My FI would hate me being a super crazy hot mess because i couldn't eat what i wanted.  My bridesmaids are all shapes and sizes and putting a bootcamp rule is cray cray.  I'm glad you got the upgrade on the honeymoon!! Enjoy
  • Glad you got out of that shit show before it exploded.  

I'm also half tempted to show this to my MOH who bitched endlessly about my requirements of a floor length dress and no flip flops.
  • Thanks, OP, for the update. Wow. Down to one bridesmaid by the wedding day and still not understanding that she was the problem. A very special bride indeed.
  • @hales2010 her day was stressful because she made it that way for herself, I guarantee she knows it and was just looking to place blame.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Thanks for the update OP.  I would not stick around to be friends with her.  Just wait till she decides to have kids or something that equally makes people like her flip. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Some people are always the victim. Of course losing five BMs and having a ruined day is totally other people's fault.  (Well, maybe her mother's fault!) 

• Wow, that girl is just ridiculous (I say girl instead of woman or lady because nothing in any of her behaviors shows any maturity whatsoever.)

Honestly if I were you I wouldn't meet with her.  No need to clear the air with someone you don't want in your life anymore, and I'd be steering clear of that hot mess for good.  At this point she's been so obnoxious I'd just respond to her texts about "Wanting to meet up" with you guys with a simple "No way in Hell.  Have a nice life."  

Do you REALLY want to sit there and listen to her bitch at you guys for a few hours about how you ruined her wedding?  Because that's exactly what she's going to do, you are getting no apology and no sort of repairing of the relationship unless YOU apologize, which you should never do in a million years because you have nothing to apologize for whatsoever.  Seriously, do not expect the apology she owes you guys.  She is clearly way too irrational and nasty to do that.  Just get her out of your life.  
  • raissyraisraissyrais member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited October 2014
    Well after all this (and God know I've been following) you did well OP to back out and I feel really really sad for that groom. Hope his life won't be hell with that nutcase!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the update OP! Just how much weight did this bitch think y'all were going to drop? Were you supposed to do the cayenne pepper/lemon juice cleanse for a month just for her? It's so hard to believe that people like this actually exist. 

I'm glad her wedding sucked, you reap what you sow. 
  • Wow, I just read all this. What a shitshow. It is soo sad that there are people like this out there. I know that my wedding day is ultimately about marrying the love of my life - but it is also about sharing that special moment with my closest family and friends. I could not fathom treating them like crap, and then having them not be there with me as a result. Out of curiosity, how old is she?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Did we ever establish the age of this girl?  Was it 17?

I hope that groom knows what he signed up for, because it won't stop now that the wedding is over.  It has only begun!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• OP way to go, girl! You made the right choice- and hey, thanks for the updates! :)

I'd avoid the crazypants bride for the rest of eternity, as she sounds legitimately deranged.
  • KatieinBklnKatieinBkln member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    beethery said:
    Oh my GOD, this turned out even juicier than I had hoped. 

Honestly, if it were me and she asked me to meet with her to "clear the air" I would just text back: "We aren't friends anymore, actually. Have a nice life."
    I'm going to build upon this. You get a text from crazylady about clearing the air, your response ought to be "Who is this?"
    FUCK, @Beethery's option beats mine again! Yes, please, DO THIS!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Wow!! Thanks for the update, OP. If it were me, I wouldn't even give her the time of day. There's no way I'd go meet her to talk. Hall naw! 
  • She gave you an out for her wedding? I see hills. Run for them.
  • Wow, what a mess. This reminds me of a wedding that I went to, where the bride was throwing herself a bachelorette, a bridal shower, and a lingerie shower, all of which she expected presents for, and when I looked on their wedding registry they wanted things like kayaks and new tires for their car... Needless to say, I ended up skipping all the before parties and giving a heartfelt, handmade card as a gift. Ain't got the funds for that!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards