Oregon
Options

Shanghai tunnel tours

Has anybody ever done a tour of the Shanghai tunnels?  It looks like there's a couple different places that offer them and I've seen mixed reviews.  I'm more interested in actual information than in hokey ghost stories (not that I'm opposed to ghost stories).
"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton

Re: Shanghai tunnel tours

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never done them, but a friend of ours has worked as a tour guide. I could maybe get some info from him if you want....
  • Options
    Mrs.FelicityMrs.Felicity member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been twice...once many years ago, once about a year ago, both times were with work "events".  The one last year had some pretty cool actual historical information, but they always throw in a lot of hokey ghost story bits too, which I find sorta silly.  I don't know the cost (since work paid), but for the historical part, it was a good time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would love info!  I think I can handle the ghost-y stuff as long as it isn't over the top.  I'm more interested in the history, but the corny ghost stuff isn't all bad.  Darlicity -- do you know what company you went through?  It looks like there might be a couple.  One is through Portland Walking Tours and has you start in Old Town and another one has you in the basement of a place called Hobo's.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards