Knottie Tech Help

Blocking question

@KnotPorscha‌ I just had a quick question about blocking people. When you block someone, what exactly happens? I figure that you won't be able to see their posts anymore but can they see yours?

And if you block someone but someone else quotes them, will you be able to see that? Or will it make that whole post disappear (for you) within the thread?

I hope my questions make sense.

Re: Blocking question

• Are you talking about ignoring someone, or is blocking different?  When I ignored someone, it hid all their text, including in quotes IIRC.  I think it still showed that they posted (I would still see the yellow flag if a new post was theirs), and I could see their username if they were quoted, but their actual text was all hidden.

• Ignoring someone is basically blocking them.

I can still see when someone I have ignored has posted to a thread or their response has been quoted but I (at least I don't believe I can) can't see a thread that was started by someone I ignored.

But if you ignore someone can they still see what you post or can they only see that you have responded (just username listed but everything else blocked) and if you start a thread can they see that thread or is that blocked from their view?

• Hey @snippet17 would you mind sending me a screenshot example of each of those member's posts to messageboards@theknot.com so I can forward to tech?

Thanks!
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    @KnotPorscha Why wasn't MissHart's question, followed by Maggie's follow-up question with more detail, answered?

ETA: They were asking as a result of a conversation we had about it.  I have someone who I think has me ignored because she never responds to anything I say any more. Maybe she just ignores me without aid of technology, but we would like to know. Can I still see her threads and comments if she has ignored me but I don't have her ignored and she just can't see mine? Or is it like FB where if only one party blocked the other cannot see things from them?  
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I guess we'll just have to acquiesce to being ignored. I'm so glad for this super helpful tech help board!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Wow. Surely there's a logical explanation. @KnotPorscha - Do you have some members on ignore so you don't see that they're asking you questions?
  • Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay, to answer your questions, when someone uses the ignore button on someone, that someone is rendered invisible to the person who ignored them. You can still see posts from someone if they've ignored you, they just won't see what you've posted. The only exception to this is quoting, but that's also something we're trying to work with tech on.

Thanks,
    KP
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards