Wedding Etiquette Forum

End of discussion

Re: End of discussion

• Eeewwww. If I were sitting at her table I would have tapped her on the arm in the middle of her convo and told her to take it outside.
  • To watch a video of a wedding might be really boring to me, as it was to Diane, apparently. I would think it more appropriate for the host to show it while people are mingling or drinking so your guests could watch it or not.  It should be background as the main event is over and done with. 

To talk on a cell phone, however, while everyone was watching the show, well that's the pits.
    I agree 100%.  I have no desire to watch someone else's wedding video, but I wouldn't distract others who want to, either.
  • edited September 2014
    It was ill mannered for her to take the call in the presence of others.
    It was also ill mannered of the B&G to make the guests watch a video of the ceremony that they weren't invited to...
    That said two wrongs don't make a right.

Yes, She should have left the room, she was not rude to not pat attention, I'm sure many people were bored and not paying attention. 
    But, The B&G should not have played the ceremony...no one wants to sit through a video ceremony unless it is their own.

Let it go.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Is "Diane" also your MIL?
    OP is the MOB, so I doubt it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I would also have been bored watching someone's wedding video, but it's still super rude to take a phone call in the middle of an event like that.  So yes, she was rude.

Nothing you can do about it now, OP.  Just get over it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

OP has another post about her MIL being basically an awful bitch to herself and her daughter, the bride.  OP's H doesn't seem to stick up for his wife when MIL goes off, which is why I think "Diane" is the MIL to OP.  Since the H says that "Diane does what suits Diane," which again is H not sticking up for his family against his mother.
    OP has another post about her MIL being basically an awful bitch to herself and her daughter, the bride.  OP's H doesn't seem to stick up for his wife when MIL goes off, which is why I think "Diane" is the MIL to OP.  Since the H says that "Diane does what suits Diane," which again is H not sticking up for his family against his mother.
    Yes, but OP states Diane  "is a 48 year old woman" so it might be hard for MIL to be 48 with a son who has a daughter old enough to get married. My guess is Diane is OP's SIL.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• It's rude to talk on a cell phone while you're in the presence of others. Diane should have taken her call outside. But it seems AWish to have all your guests sit through a wedding video and probably boring for some of them. 

I hope you're not planning to reprimand Diane for her behavior because that would be rude in itself.

• Taking a phone call isn't super polite. Neither is making people sit through wedding ceremony video.

I'd side-eye at most. Now, if she said something like, "Yeah, it's no big deal. I'm watching some boring wedding ceremony video. Sure, I'll tell you all about my life right now. So on MM/DD/YY I was born, at 7am..." that would be rude anywhere, at any gathering.

You get the idea.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• While in church one Sunday morning, someone's cell phone went off.  The pastor said, "That better be God calling you."

I was at a funeral service a few years back and someone's phone when off.  Apparently is must have been new to her since it took her forever to turn it off!
  • While in church one Sunday morning, someone's cell phone went off.  The pastor said, "That better be God calling you."

I was at a funeral service a few years back and someone's phone when off.  Apparently is must have been new to her since it took her forever to turn it off!
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's amazing!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Yes it is the SIL

• Yes it is the SIL

The deed is done and now you have something to be passive-aggressive about if you feel that you must. I don't recommend that. Like maybe retaliate with eyerolls at most.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014
  • woah! - Not sure what just happened to Deborah over there...buuttt......My only thoughts on this are people saying that it's rude to show the ceremony video....I would be WAY more interested in seeing a video of a ceremony that was real than have to sit through a fake redo ceremony. Pick your battles ;)
  • Also, she stated that everyone was invited to the ceremony, they just couldn't attend since it was a DW.  (Though this may not have been in the original post.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards