Rhode Island

The Towers - Narragansett brides?

Hi All,

I am hoping to have my 2016 wedding at The Towers in Narragansett - I have yet to set the date, but will be following up with the coordinator shortly to set up a tour and most likely set a date. I absolutely love the location and venue, I think it's breathtaking and 100% what I am looking for since I will no longer be planning a destination wedding and a ceremony/reception by the ocean is a must.

I do have some questions for those brides (past, present and future) regarding this location.

• I am on a budget and expect about 100 guests (estimated guess since we're so far out from our potential date). What caterer did you use/plan on using and why? I am not looking to spend $100/person, but would appreciate advice for decent cuisine and friendly service for a great price! I know The Towers has pre-approved caterers and after skimming through and it looks like Emery's Catering is probably the cheapest. Has anyone used them for their catering needs?
  • For DJ services, I've read some great reviews about Music Mixers in Narragansett. Their website says to call for pricing, but does anyone have a ballpark estimate of how much DJ services would cost based on experience? Ideally, I'd love a photo booth and lighting to be included, but I am flexible if I need to cut back on cost.
  • The Towers is open bar only, but they do allow us to purchase alcohol and just hire a bartender to serve. What has been your experience with this? Did you find it astronomically cheaper to just buy the alcohol yourself instead of having the caterer provide it?
  • For accommodations for guests... what would be the most recommended hotel? I heard The Village Inn is close by, but not really luxurious or nice... but then there's also a Hilton and Hampton Inn. Ideas?
  • If weather permits, I want my ceremony outside on the lawn/gazebo area as well as a cocktail hour, but I heard that there's a separate contract for this? It doesn't upcharge the venue fee, does it?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Keri

Re: The Towers - Narragansett brides?

• Hello! It's been so long since I posted on this site but I was poking around and saw you were a potential towers bride. I got married in 2012 there an absolutely loved it! Here is so,e of my thoughts We used black stone catering and it was awesome but might be more than you want to spend. I'd recommend west bay gourmet or blue rocks catering instead of Emerys hands down. We looked into music mixers in. 2011/2012 and his quote was around $1100. I'd suggest checking him out. He is very familiar with the towers. We paid over double that and while I loved our dj I often felt sick over the amount of money I paid and wish id gotten a live band for the price. We used the Hampton inn for accommodations and they were Awesome. I think the Atlantic house was also recently redone. I wouldn't recommend the village inn There is a separate price for the courtyard but you don't pay it until the week before do you can check the weather report. I used it for cocktail hour and have planned a few weddings that used it for the ceremony. It's a nominal charge Hope this helps. If you need more help email me anytime at jcorvese@ gmail dot com
  • I got married in Narragansett last year, but not at the Towers.

We use Blackstone for our caterer.  The pricing was well over $100/pp for our menu, but we had a small wedding so we were able to spend more per person.  I'm sure they can do more affordable menus.  Their open bar packages were really affordable.  I think the cheapest option was $18/pp and the highest was $27/pp.

The DJ was the hardest vendor for us to book.  We reached out to a number of them, met with 2, and ended up booking with Music on the Move, which is based out of Lowell, MA.  They had three different packages - I think the cheapest was around $800 and the most expensive was $1200.  Travel and lighting were free, which was nice.  I thought they did a really good job and would definitely reccomend them.
    http://www.dj-entertainment.com/

We blocked rooms at the Holiday Inn at the intersection of Rts 1 and 138.  I wanted to get into the Hampton Inn further down Rt 1, but it was completely booked 9 months out when I went to set up the block.  The Village Inn doesn't offer a discount for blocking, so if your guests may be on a budget I'd avoid it.
  • I just got married at The Towers last weekend and couldn't recommend it more. We used Blackstone, which was fantastic, but over what you want to pay per person. They food and service was impeccable and I'm so glad we went with them. We also used Music Mixers we paid around $1300 for DJ and lighting. I think DJ, lighting, and a photo booth was around $2000. I would HIGHLY recommend them. Everyone was talking about how well Jason was able to read the crowd and the dance floor was packed the entire night. I would NOT recommend The Village Inn. The rooms are dingy and small and not good for getting ready in, some even smelled mildewy. On top of that, they lost my room a week before my wedding and the group sales manager was virtually unresponsive. Don't even get me started on the general manager, Kevin. He was horrible! Although the location is ideal for guests, staying at The Village Inn is the only regret I had from our entire wedding. If at all possible, I'd try to look elsewhere for rooms. We opted to have cocktail hour upstairs, which I'm glad we did. Guests were still able to go outside on the balcony or downstairs and enjoy the beautiful weather. I just felt like the courtyard outside was too exposed to the public. I think it was only a few hundred dollars to rent the courtyard for cocktail hour though.
  • Thanks ladies, this is extremely helpful!!!!
  • I am getting married at the Towers next September. When I first started looking at catering, I had the same question as you did so I thought I would help out. I got a lot of quotes from the preferred vendor list that the Towers provided. I found that for the ratings, price, and what you got for the amount that Russell Morin was the best bet. Ours is around $120 per guest which includes an open bar. I did look at bringing our own booze, but found that if you have to pay for the mixers the price for having them supply it is only a few hundred dollars more and is honestly less of a headache for me. I looked at Emerys as well and although they are by the far the cheapest I think their food is also indicitive of that so I decided to stay away from them as well. 
  • How many guests did you have at your wedding? My fiancée and I loved the towers but we were skeptical if our wedding would fit there. We are planning on having 150. The event coordinators we met with said that they have even had 180 fit for a sit down dinner but they would limit it to 150.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards