Flowers
Options

How to send that dreaded "I don't want to use you" email?

I met with a florist, who is actually a friend of my cousins. He is great and very friendly, but when I try to get in touch with him never responds to me. It takes at least a week for him to email me back and after we finally got together for a consultation it took him a good month to give me a quote. The quote was a bit higher than I was expecting, so I emailed him back with my questions and concerns and I felt like he got upset and was telling me that he had given me exactly what I had asked for in our meeting. That might be the case, but I am the bride and new ideas pop into my head on the daily! Needless to say, I asked some of my friends who they used for a florist and found a nice lady who was half the price. It's not about the money, but who wants to pay over a $1000 for flowers that will die and I am doing all the flowers for the reception so that is only for the ceremony. How do I  go about telling the first guy I will no longer need his services?

Re: How to send that dreaded "I don't want to use you" email?

• Options
    "Thank you for putting together a quote for us, but we've decided to go with someone else."

It's really not that big of a deal. Remember, this is a business transaction.
  • Options
    Thank you. I know it's just business, but I have never had to do this before so I just needed to know how I needed to word it.
  • Options
    emmyg65 said:
    "Thank you for putting together a quote for us, but we've decided to go with someone else."

It's really not that big of a deal. Remember, this is a business transaction.
    Exactly this. 

You don't need to go into any more detail than that. This should literally be a one or two sentence email.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! I wrote up a two sentence email and sent it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards