Chit Chat

What happened to that crazy thread?

Did Jellybean delete her account or something?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: What happened to that crazy thread?

• I just checked too....I'm guessing yes?  

• butterscotchjbeans left TK.  :(  
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Man, I missed like the last few comments.  Anyone have a recap?  

ETA: That's a bummer, but I hope she figures things out.  

• I had just posted a reply, and when I went to refresh the thread, it was gone.

• I am not surprised at all.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    I am not surprised at all.
    I'm surprised how long it took.
    Anniversary

• She & I were PMing earlier, so I knew she was going to GBCK.  I hope she is well.
  • She took her fake pregnancy and went home. Shocker.
  • She asked to have her account deleted.   I asked her 3 times to make sure that is what she wanted.  Each time she said "yes. She was sure" 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Yawn.

And big, long, drawn out eye roll. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I missed whatever the crazy was.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @AddieCake--recap.

Chick goes: I'm back and need TONS of advice because I am marrying a guy I was just saying less than two months ago that I thought was cheating on me and now I am marrying in 3 weeks! Do you think my cake and punch reception is good?

Then we go: Are you sure?! You were just saying how bad the relationship was.

Then she goes: I am getting married because of a sudden unfortunate reason!

Then we go: Are you pregnant???

Then she goes: Noooooo....FI wants to change his name.

Then we told her how dumb that is then she was like, "Oh wait I am pregnant!" Then we called MUD and she started backpedalling.

Anyone? Did I miss something?

• @AddieCake--recap.

Chick goes: I'm back and need TONS of advice because I am marrying a guy I was just saying less than two months ago that I thought was cheating on me and now I am marrying in 3 weeks! Do you think my cake and punch reception is good?

Then we go: Are you sure?! You were just saying how bad the relationship was.

Then she goes: I am getting married because of a sudden unfortunate reason!

Then we go: Are you pregnant???

Then she goes: Noooooo....FI wants to change his name.

Then we told her how dumb that is then she was like, "Oh wait I am pregnant!" Then we called MUD and she started backpedalling.

Anyone? Did I miss something?

Just the part where she started hating on newbs.  ha.  

SIB

How on earth did I forget that part?!
  • Damn I was halfway through that thread. So did she admit that she faked the pregnancy? I was like a few comments into after she said she was pregnant. What a train wreck. I hope she gets the help she needs.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I think the pregnant thing was a poor attempt to be sarcastic.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • slothiegalslothiegal member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    SaraBrideSoon said: @AddieCake--recap. Chick goes: I'm back and need TONS of advice because I am marrying a guy I was just saying less than two months ago that I thought was cheating on me and now I am marrying in 3 weeks! Do you think my cake and punch reception is good? Then we go: Are you sure?! You were just saying how bad the relationship was.  Then she goes: I am getting married because of a sudden unfortunate reason! Then we go: Are you pregnant??? Then she goes: Noooooo....FI wants to change his name.  Then we told her how dumb that is then she was like, "Oh wait I am pregnant!" Then we called MUD and she started backpedalling. Anyone? Did I miss something?

-----------
    Ooooh don't forget the part where she said it was
    his decision that they were getting married!  
    Anniversary

• Dammit I was trying to read that thread in class but then we got into a heated discussion about Defoe. I hate that I missed the end.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I like TK and all but it's kinda shattering my heart to see so many people getting ready to marry a person who just doesn't treat them well.  

Kinda makes me think of a conversation my younger cousin and I had.  She was getting a lot of the garbage where people call her whorish (Or nicer words for that) for dating several people.  I told her I didn't give a fuck how many people she dated, but she better not waste time with someone who doesn't respect her.  That she should always expect her partner to treat her as nothing less than equal- and respect her thoughts and opinions even if they may disagree.  

She told me the first thing that came to her mind was that that was a very high standard to have.  We were both kinda horrified for a moment.  
    I really hope that a lot of this is MUD. It makes me too sad to think otherwise.
  • mschristie123mschristie123 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2014
    Awwww.... but I liked her so much..

< sarcasm >
    imageimage">
  • There's always google cache and other cached search engines. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• There's always google cache and other cached search engines. . .
    This was the greatest internet discovery I made this week.
  • I like TK and all but it's kinda shattering my heart to see so many people getting ready to marry a person who just doesn't treat them well.  

Kinda makes me think of a conversation my younger cousin and I had.  She was getting a lot of the garbage where people call her whorish (Or nicer words for that) for dating several people.  I told her I didn't give a fuck how many people she dated, but she better not waste time with someone who doesn't respect her.  That she should always expect her partner to treat her as nothing less than equal- and respect her thoughts and opinions even if they may disagree.  

She told me the first thing that came to her mind was that that was a very high standard to have.  We were both kinda horrified for a moment.  
    I really hope that a lot of this is MUD. It makes me too sad to think otherwise.
    I'd like to think that but I see it a lot in real life too.  I hear it a lot in the way people talk, and the worst part is they'll allow so much abuse to happen because they truly feel can't do any better.  It makes me extremely sad.  Being treated like a fucking human being shouldn't be "too good" for anyone.  

I just really want people to be happy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards