Chit Chat

What happened to that crazy thread?

Re: What happened to that crazy thread?

• So @lolo883 how was your day?
    It was pretty quiet overall @beethery, thanks for asking! I just ate some delicious quinoa. DH is out, and I'm not concerned about what he's doing. How was your day?
    Well I just finished making homemade chicken bakes, which come out totally different than the delicious wonderful ones from Costco. They're inspired by the Costco ones, but they are pretty dang good.

FI just got home from soccer and is watching TNF. I'm about to fold some clothes and watch Rehab Addict. How's the job search going?
    ...am I stuck in no box land? Usually am on mobile... It's going nowhere. I need to update my resume but I keep saying "no Lolo, do thank you cards first." Instead I've done neither. I suck.

You don't suck. You just need to relax. Thank you notes and resume updates will be there tomorrow.
  • I'm rather surprised at some of the distinctly un-modlike behavior in this thread. Apparently I missed something, but this seems rather overboard.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm rather surprised at some of the distinctly un-modlike behavior in this thread. Apparently I missed something, but this seems rather overboard.
    Specifically? Because I don't see it.
  • lurkergirllurkergirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014

MY LIFE TOTALLY SUCKS THIS HAPPENED WHILE I WAS AT WORK??

< br > < br >
    Stuck as fuck
    < br > < br >
    This made me laugh probably harder than it should have.

Eta I hate you tk formatting

• @lyndausvi‌ you absolutely needed to do that. And also keep your snark.

• I MISSED EVERYTHINGGGGG
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    I MISSED EVERYTHINGGGGG
    Me too.  Damn work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• steph861steph861 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Anybody else feel like this has been a weird day on TK? Even setting aside the BSJB thread, that is.

• I don't know, this board has just gotten a bit tough lately. Less chit chat, more attacking. I just think when someone displays obvious and admitted mental issues, being mean isn't really going to help. Sometimes leaving it alone and gong back to talking about what's for dinner or whatever is better. Just my two cents.
  • @steph11814 it's definitely been a weird day here.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I also feel like there have been a lot of breakups lately. Maybe it's just a negative time of the year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• mrsmagicgeekmrsmagicgeek member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Oh I agree, for the most part it's very valid advice and the "tough love" is very definitely needed at times (especially lately, for some weird reason), it just sometimes crosses the line over to mean for the sake of being mean when it gets to "fuck off" or "don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out".

I don't know, maybe I'm just overly sensitive tonight, and if that's the case, I apologize. It just seems sometimes that if you're one of the "cool kids" you can say things that others get ripped apart for. I kind of like coming to the chit chat board to relax and get dinner ideas, but lately it's been more of a cross between etiquette and snarky, and not really in a funny way.

Like I said, though, maybe it's just me. I just put myself in the shoes of some of the posters and I would be very upset if the pack went after me the way it does sometimes.

I probably just need sleep.

Edit: I swear there were paragraphs.

•  
    Oh I agree, for the most part it's very valid advice and the "tough love" is very definitely needed at times (especially lately, for some weird reason), it just sometimes crosses the line over to mean for the sake of being mean when it gets to "fuck off" or "don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out".

I don't know, maybe I'm just overly sensitive tonight, and if that's the case, I apologize. It just seems sometimes that if you're one of the "cool kids" you can say things that others get ripped apart for. I kind of like coming to the chit chat board to relax and get dinner ideas, but lately it's been more of a cross between etiquette and snarky, and not really in a funny way.

Like I said, though, maybe it's just me. I just put myself in the shoes of some of the posters and I would be very upset if the pack went after me the way it does sometimes.

I probably just need sleep.

Edit: I swear there were paragraphs.

I think a few comments were borderline on the snark and not very helpful.  However, it takes two to tango, and she was feeding into them.  IMO there's a big difference between an outright attack and a OP antagonizing right back.  

• If you search "the knot I am back and needs tons of" it is the first hit, and you can look at the cache copy from the drop down. It isn't complete, but it does include most of the good stuff. 

Because I'm a creeper and needed to know what happened. 
    Why "moutonrouge" my darling little red lamb? :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MegEn1MegEn1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    Sometimes TK can be super harsh, it's true. But marriage is harsh, and when people come on this board saying things like "We're getting married even though he cheated on me COME CONGRATULATE ME" I think a lot of us in good conscience can't jump on the happy train with that person. We're all married or getting married here, we all understand that it is not only a big step for us personally but is a fairly important institution we're stepping into. We ALL should have a moment where we reflect on if this is the right thing for us, for our lives, for our futures, etc. Because if your relationship is on the rocks maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't be getting married right now. A ring and a $40,000 bill will not make the problems go away.

Side Note - Holy Handgranades, Batman. I miss all the good stuff!

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • @mrsmagicgeek There were quite a few people in that thread offering very genuine, legitimate advice, several of whom have also struggled with mental health issues. When you've suffered from depression and anxiety and come out on the other side, it's easy to recognize someone making very poor decisions as a result of their illness and the natural impulse is to try to help them not do that. She chose to lash out at people in response, maybe because she was honestly naive enough to think people wouldn't comment about it and would actually just answer her etiquette questions. But given that she posted it on CC and not E, though, and since that she was toying with people throughout the entire thread by withholding info and being deliberately vague, it certainly seems like she just wanted to stir up shit. I don't think anyone was mean to her at all. Don't act out for attention if you don't want attention. 
  • That whole thing was bizarre. I'm still somewhat of a newbie... Or maybe a mediumbie? at this point so I haven't seen it all yet. But people were showing genuine concern for her and she was really lashing out. I didn't understand how that plane went down so hard, so fast.

To say "who are you?" to someone who replies to her post in a public forum on the internet? And then to say "you're not bad people except the newbies who don't know anything."? Yikes.
  • I honestly feel bad for he I also feel bad that I haven't been able to knot lately. Damn work and school!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards