New York-Long Island

The Wedding Center in Commack LI

Are there any other brides using The Wedding Center in Commack? I am reading HORRIBLE reviews of this place and when i went there i really liked it! I am definitely using the one stop shopping and getting a package. I had requested a couple of the photographers call me first before i made a choice of who i was going with because how can you pick someone just based on pictures? of course that is what they do but i wanted to be able to talk to them first and get a feel. I also talked to the DJ company and they were amazing. Both people very sincere and alot of help. Rich in the one stop shop area was really great while i was there as well. I havent booked anything just yet with them and now i am so nervous! I didnt find a dress there but wanted to maybe search for one somewhere else keeping in mind that i was going to go back there and have them order it for me and have them do the alterations because they said that they cap them at $300. Is this  lie? anyone who is dealing with them right now and can help me make a decision please help!

Re: The Wedding Center in Commack LI

• Try your local board.
  • I would definitly move this to your local board, even if it isn't too busy. 

http://forums.theknot.com/categories/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island

Although I lived on LI most of my life I have no experiences with them as a venue.  In general I think if you have read all the reviews and know what to expect you can decide for yourself if it is worth any risks. What exactly did you like and not like?  How much will this "ruin your day" if the reviews are accurate?  If you don't feel right, then its probably best to keep looking.

Also, if you like the idea of everything being done for you, can you try finding a wedding coordinator to fill that role while still giving the freedom to choose things you like/don't like?  This of course comes down to budget as well as preference, but just trying to give you some options here.

As a side note $300 for alterations is alot...I think most people come in between $100 and $150.

• I was interested in them too but they had such horrible reviews that I wasn't comfortable going with them.  I would look elsewhere, $300 sounds like an awful lot for alterations.  If you want a one stop shop on LI you can check out Complete Wedding Packages, I just booked with them and have no reservations about it :) They don't do dresses but they cover all the entertainment and photography and have been wonderful to work with.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went in to try on dresses because they supposedly also had the bridesmaid dresses I was interested in. I called a week before I was planning to go in to confirm they had the dresses and was told that they didnt have the entire collection, but almost all of it. I wanted to set up an appointment since it was for a Saturday and it would be for me and then 4 bridesmaids and was given an attitude about it and then told I had to speak with the manager. She called me back later and was very rude at first and said I couldn't make an appointment and would just have to wait when I arrived, but then changed her tune and arranged everything!

When we got there not only was there no appointment made, the woman I spoke with on the phone denied ever speaking with me!! (I had a voicemail from her confirming everything still saved on my phone!)  Luckily it wasn't busy so another woman said to start pulling wedding dresses to start. She kept coming over to me and telling me there was no way I was getting into certain dresses, and after a few minutes said we had enough and yelled at all of my bridesmaids until they went towards the back so I could start trying on. My BMs and I basically ran the entire appt, she barely came back except to randomly throw in a nasty comment or two, and helped me into one dress but then disappeared before actually zipping it up! 

We went downstairs to look at the BM dresses and everyone down there was even ruder and more confused! First I was told that they didn't have any of the dresses, then given a book and told only the ones with stars were in store. There were only 3 with stars! After we did some digging on our own we managed to find about 8 of the dresses, while two of the women who worked there sat around chatting and a third kept coming and going and making comments to me about choosing a different color etc.

I did find my perfect dress there, but I refused to order it there because of my experience. I wasn't going to give my money to people that were so rude and unhelpful. I have spoken with quite a few people who have had similar experiences as well.  I would definitely do research and meet with everyone you would be working with before deciding on anything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards