Wedding Party

Bridesmaids Dresses Dilemma.

SO. My wedding is in May 2015. A few months ago I asked my bridesmaids what their budgets were for their dresses. They agreed that the $50-$100 range was acceptable. Okay, kind of stressful as my style is more formal and not the mismatch-y vintage-rustic thing everyone seems to go for anymore. But no problem, we'll work around it. So I've found several styles I like under $100. I set up a date and time to go dress shopping that worked for everyone. I showed one maid a $60 dress and she said she'd have a hard time even affording that. Then my MOH told me one of the maids wasn't going because she "didn't want to go shopping for a dress she couldn't afford." NOW I'm upset and stressed out of my gourd. I'm bending over backwards to make these girls happy as they're all students/recent grads and money's tight, but it doesn't seem to be enough. So am I in the wrong here when I feel like I'm doing a lot to help out? I've honestly considered unasking the one who said she wasn't going shopping for a dress she couldn't afford and maybe asking her to be a guestbook attendant or something. I don't want to end this friendship but we're not really close anymore. HELP.

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses Dilemma.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards