Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wedding dress hire?

Me and my fiancé are getting married at the chapel of the flowers in January 2015. I had my heart set on hiring a dress, mainly due to costs and stress (don't want to pay a lot for a dress to wear once and then be stuck with it) but I'm scared that I won't find one that I like (I'm quite fussy) the chapel advertise dress hire packages so was going to use that but I've read people advising not to hire. Has anybody got any experience of hiring a wedding dress and would you recommend it? is using the chapel service as good as using an independent hire shop? and if not which places would you recommend? PLEASE HELP! This is my first time using a forum, I'm desperate! I must add that this wedding is a total secret so I can't ask people I know for advice. Thank you in advance :)

Re: Wedding dress hire?

• Options
    Do you mean renting a dress?  I have no idea what you mean by hiring a dress.
  • Options
    Haha! Yes I mean renting :) I'm English and we would say hiring! Oops
  • Options
    A few people from here have used Rent the Runway to rent gowns/dresses.  They have high end dresses.  You might want to check out their website, but they also have a store in the Cosmopolitan.
  • Options
    Another thought is that maybe you can find a white dress that you can dye later and re-wear.  I'm kind of looking forward to traveling with my dress.  I'm going to milk it for all it's worth on the plane.
  • Options
    I totally agree with @aggiespartan‌ . Rent something chic and high fashion from rent the runway. Too much chance of ending up with something crazy from those other places
  • Options
    I bought mine but plan on selling it afterwards to make some of my money back as I don't want to keep (I am not a saver in general). I will post it to a few websites in January to hopefully have someone lined up right after the wedding to buy it :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've had good luck with Rent the Runway too for formals before. The fact that you can try on at their LV location is a bonus! They have a good selection of white dresses too -- I bet you could call ahead to ensure enough options may be available for you.

Agree not to trust other rental options - RTR is pretty reputable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards