Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Are you using a purse??

Does anyone plan on using a purse on their wedding?  I would only need a small one, to carry a few items like chapstick, lipstick, maybe a travel size deodorant or small body spray... does anyone plan to use one or is it a bad idea?

Re: Are you using a purse??

• I used a purse. It came in handy. Thankfully my mother put herself in charge of it, so it made its way from the bridal suite to the sweetheart table. 
  • I brought my regular purse to the venue, but it sat under a table the entire night. I'd forgotten to get a cute little purse and I wanted at least my phone, a chap stick and our hotel room key. 

Never used a thing. But, our wedding from beginning to end was about 3.5 hours and all in the same room, so different than an all day thing with multiple locations. 

At my brother's wedding, my friend told me to keep my lip gloss in the front of my dress. It worked surprisingly well. I'd never used my boobs for storage before.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I brought my regular purse to the venue, but it sat under a table the entire night. I'd forgotten to get a cute little purse and I wanted at least my phone, a chap stick and our hotel room key. 

Never used a thing. But, our wedding from beginning to end was about 3.5 hours and all in the same room, so different than an all day thing with multiple locations. 

At my brother's wedding, my friend told me to keep my lip gloss in the front of my dress. It worked surprisingly well. I'd never used my boobs for storage before.
    Girl, you haven't lived. Cleavage is like a bonus pocket.

I didn't have a purse. Had planned on borrowing a vintage one my MIL offered me that had belonged to her mother, but totally forgot to get it at the RD. We got married at a golf club though, so we kept all our crap in the women's locker room where we got dressed. I kept my phone at the table (yeah, I'm that girl) but everything else was upstairs in my duffel bag.

• I also used a duffle bag and my DOC stashed it in the catering service area. I had my lipstick, hair brush, phone, and a pair wedge converse in there. The only thing I ended up using were the converse. I have no clue how the duffle bag ended up back in my hotel room the next day.
  • I used a small purse. My DOC put it on my chair before the wedding started. I really only had it because if I have to go 15 minutes without chapstick I will die.
  • I didn't use it.  The only thing I had with me was my lipstick, which was in my best friend's Mary Poppins purse (seriously, I think she had a table in there).  I didn't even end up asking her for it after the ceremony.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • I'm the kind of girl who never goes anywhere without a purse. I'm going to get a clutch (I've been searching etsy!) and I'll have it sitting at our sweetheart table for when I need it :)
  • I had my regular purse and a small dufflebag that stayed in the upstairs bridal suite of our venue. I only brought them along because I needed an overnight bag for the wedding night otherwise I wouldn't have really needed much of anything. I definitely didn't go upstairs at all that entire evening to retrieve or use anything from my purse or dufflebag. I was WAY too busy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards