I'm getting married in Oct '15. I love the wizard of oz and wanted to have subtle hints of it in my fall wedding. I having a hard time of merging my two ideas.
- I have the red sparkly shoes
- along ceremony aisle I'll have yellow bricks at the start of the chair aisles. My flower girl is throwing yellow leaves (because they're free!)
- at the base of my traditional white wedding cake I want little legs poking out. similar to this
- I'll have red poppies in the girls bouquets along with deep fall colors and similar to this, on the cocktail tables I'll have clear vases with single red poppie flowers
- Also, at the escort card table we'll have a heart just like this with room to put a WOZ quote at the top. I'll be sliding in the name cards into the yarn in heart. I also have old oil cans and flowers to put beside it http://www.pinterest.com/pin/95138610848646299/ love this!!
so my dilemma is I want to incorporate pumpkins into the centerpieces and additional decoration. like this just different flowers.
I do think too much WOZ decor can look tacky. So how can I merge my fall colors and pumpkins with more or less wizard of oz. Any additional WOZ decor that I haven't thought of is welcome too. Pictures or link so I can find them please!! I just don't want people to look at everything and think I just couldn't make up my mind. I'd like it compliment my love for the movie and flow with season and venue.