Wedding 911

BM just got engaged, chose same wedding month

124»

Re: BM just got engaged, chose same wedding month

• Oh my gosh! I cannot stand "theKnot bullies". I had a similar situation and I definitely was concerned. What "theKnot bullies" are failing to realize is that by being a part of someone's wedding while trying to plan your own may create financial challenges. When my good friend got engaged and decided she wanted to get married the month before me, I brought it up to her, as we have mutual friends and would obviously be picking from the same pool of friends for bridesmaids. Because she was my friend, she totally understood. We agreed to still be in each other's wedding, but no longer serve as MOH to one another...just bridesmaid. Essentially it all worked out because she ended up eloping. Now I still get the wedding of my dreams with all the attention focused on me and the big day. (Well sort of. I have two other girlfriends/bridesmaids who are planning their weddings for next year)
  • Oh my gosh! I cannot stand "theKnot bullies". I had a similar situation and I definitely was concerned. What "theKnot bullies" are failing to realize is that by being a part of someone's wedding while trying to plan your own may create financial challenges. When my good friend got engaged and decided she wanted to get married the month before me, I brought it up to her, as we have mutual friends and would obviously be picking from the same pool of friends for bridesmaids. Because she was my friend, she totally understood. We agreed to still be in each other's wedding, but no longer serve as MOH to one another...just bridesmaid. Essentially it all worked out because she ended up eloping. Now I still get the wedding of my dreams with all the attention focused on me and the big day. (Well sort of. I have two other girlfriends/bridesmaids who are planning their weddings for next year)

Do you not realize how conceited and shallow this sounds? Yuck. 

• "Now I still get the wedding of my dreams with all the attention focused on me and the big day."

That sounds really really bad. Just....oh, no. Just so selfish and shallow. You really can't mean this, or think like this, can you?
    If I was a polar bear, I would look like this:

Yeah, you're not concerned about "financial challenges."

Yup.  Because if someone was getting married in the same month as you, you wouldn't get ANY attention on your wedding day.  It would all be on the bridesmaid with the wedding later that month - not on the girl in the fancy white dress and her new husband who just recited vows
  • edited June 2015
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Oh my gosh! I cannot stand "theKnot bullies". I had a similar situation and I definitely was concerned. What "theKnot bullies" are failing to realize is that by being a part of someone's wedding while trying to plan your own may create financial challenges. When my good friend got engaged and decided she wanted to get married the month before me, I brought it up to her, as we have mutual friends and would obviously be picking from the same pool of friends for bridesmaids. Because she was my friend, she totally understood. We agreed to still be in each other's wedding, but no longer serve as MOH to one another...just bridesmaid. Essentially it all worked out because she ended up eloping. Now I still get the wedding of my dreams with all the attention focused on me and the big day. (Well sort of. I have two other girlfriends/bridesmaids who are planning their weddings for next year)

Do you not realize how conceited and shallow this sounds? Yuck. 
    At least........

Most of The Knot bullies are only in it for the cool t-shirts.........
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    Aw man, I haven't gotten a t-shirt yet. Is there some bullying quota I have yet to reach? 
  •  Now I still get the wedding of my dreams with all the attention focused on me and the big day. (Well sort of. I have two other girlfriends/bridesmaids who are planning their weddings for next year)

Woof.
    *********************************************************************************

•  Now I still get the wedding of my dreams with all the attention focused on me and the big day. (Well sort of. I have two other girlfriends/bridesmaids who are planning their weddings for next year)

Woof.
    I hate it when my brideslaves try to plan other things when they're my brideslaves. Especially weddings.

• I totally deserve to have my wedding be the only wedding in this decade. I mean, I REALLY want people to be able to focus their time, attention, money, and effort into my wedding with no distractions.

I haven't allowed any of my nearest and dearest to buy a car, go to college, update their wardrobe, move into a new place, buy a house or condo, have surgery, get a pet, have a child, or anything else that would potentially take away their focus from MY SPECIAL DAY.
  • I would say don't be so upset that her date is so close to yours. She probably didn't choose it to spite you. There may have been a very specific reason she chose that date. My FI and I chose our date because his Best Man is in the army and will be deployed for most of the year, except for a small window of time, in which we chose our date. That window of time is non-negotiable, and we would have chosen it even if I was the Maid of Honor in my best friend's wedding the day before. You don't know why she chose her date, but there must be a reason. Let it go and focus on your own wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards