Chit Chat
Options

Kim K pics --- NSFW

Re: Kim K pics --- NSFW

• Options
    I hate the false comparison that is so frequently made with regards to Kim K.- always something along the lines of "I can't believe people like her can get married and gay people can't" (And I don't mean to target anyone specific with this comment, I believe several people on here have said something to that effect, and I've seen it a ton on social media today as well).  I don't get what those two things have to do with each other- I mean I GET that she had a notably short marriage so that's why people pick her out, but for one thing, I feel so many celebrities set so much worse examples when it comes to abusing the institution of marriage.  She hasn't been married nine times like Elizabeth Taylor, she has never been accused of infidelity... she just made a rash decision and got married to someone who was wrong for her, and then when she realized that she didn't waste any time getting out of the relationship.

But ultimately I don't get what any of that has to do with gay marriage.  I feel it's a false equivalency.  In the words of Oscar from the Office "I talked to the other gay guys, and we're okay with it."

It also super pisses me off when people (talking about you, Naya Rivera) make comments about "You're someone's mother"... I don't know why in this day and age we still buy into the idea that birthing a child means you suddenly have to give up all claim to being a sexual human being, and I think it's stupid.  And I doubt her daughter is going to be traumatized down the line by seeing pictures of her mom doing a naked photo shoot- if anything, Kim is providing a great role model for her in the sense that she is celebrating her unconventional figure and is clearly joyously comfortable in her own skin.  

Sorry for the slight rant- obviously I'm more of a fan of Kim than most people here, but it surprises me how harshly she's treated in proportion to what she's actually done.  She made a sex tape- questionable, sure.  She has two failed marriages- not ideal, but she's certainly not alone in that.  She makes a ton of money essentially off of her looks- again, that is dicey, but if you look at what she's said and done over the course of her career, she's actually a refreshingly body-positive public figure.  And there's no way you can tell me someone who has such an extremely successful and profitable personal brand isn't at least moderately intelligent, at least in a business-savvy sense.  The hatred towards her just seems irrational to me.  

To the first bolded, exactly. Why are we as a society so offended by the naked human body? I also agree with the second bolded- She's not a dumbass, but she certainly plays one to her advantage.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    raissyraisraissyrais member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited November 2014
    Those photos are nothing compared to the apparently serious clit licking that was going on in her sex tape with Ray J hehehe yes I'm immature like that

ETA: However, on a more serious note, when I was doing photo shoots for a few make up sessions and reviewing all the photos before printing, it is crazy CRAZY how much photoshopping goes on in there on my models. I can say it because I have seen it everyday. The littlest thing goes a long way and you'd be appalled to know how unlike the real person the finished product looks like.

Just looking at the Kim K photos I can say they are airbrushed and photoshopped. Her whole body is oiled and lights are over her head, and two on each sides to make her appear slimmer. Also, she is sucking her stomach in (that's a trick that even supermodels use). So there's that if you're curious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think she's rather ridiculous, but I don't mind her getting naked if she enjoys it. I actually think she looks far better nude (or in a bikini) than she does in most of the awful, ill-fitting clothes she's wearing these days. She has a great figure, but you wouldn't know it half the time.

I will say that her butt used to be much smaller. She looks quite different in older photographs. At least one of her sisters' butts is also, ahem, changing. But, I have no problem with cosmetic surgery either, if that's what makes one happy.

I've actually never heard her speak, all my knowledge of her is from written and photographic media.
  • Options
    I find that whole family offensive and refuse to give them 2 seconds' of my time or attention.

• Options
    I read a comment somewhere regarding one of these pics that she reminded the person of the guy with the shrunken head sitting next to Beetlejuice at the end of the movie.  Kind of got a chuckle out of that because it is kind of true.

• Options
    I read a comment somewhere regarding one of these pics that she reminded the person of the guy with the shrunken head sitting next to Beetlejuice at the end of the movie.  Kind of got a chuckle out of that because it is kind of true.
    So, that was my exact thought. It's the hair, I think. WHY would you do that to her hair?
  • Options
    I am also of the opinion that all of the hating on her is ridiculous. Who cares if her ass is fake? Who cares if she is a moron (though, I don't think she is)? Who cares if she had a bullshit marriage? Who cares if she is on a dumbass TV show? None of these things have any impact on me whatsoever.
  • Options
    I am also of the opinion that all of the hating on her is ridiculous. Who cares if her ass is fake? Who cares if she is a moron (though, I don't think she is)? Who cares if she had a bullshit marriage? Who cares if she is on a dumbass TV show? None of these things have any impact on me whatsoever.
    Yup. Yup. Yup.  You don't like her then skip articles that pertain to her.  Skip discussions that pertain to her.  Scroll past pictures that have her in them.  And don't watch her TV shows.  But just because some people do like her and are interested in what she does, does not make those people dumb asses, nor does it mean that they aren't also interested in what is going on around the world. People can amazingly care about more then one thing at one time.  Kim K is entertainment. It is just like watching any other reality show or TV sitcom.  You do it for the entertainment, certainly not for the knowledge you gain from it.

• Options
    If I go home, rub oil on my ass, put on pearls, and stand in a trash bag waiting for my husband, he'd be checking me into a mental institution the next day.
  • Options
    amelisha said:
    All the pearl-clutching about this is hilarious.
    Seriously.  It was a photo shoot.  She has done naked photo shoots before and will continue to do so.  I really don't see what the big deal is.  I personally can't stop staring at her ass because it so much resembles one of those plastic fake asses you can get at a costume shop, as well as a life size version of my barbie doll asses that I had when I was a kid.  I think the worst thing about the whole thing is her hair like ashley8918 noted above.  
    That hair is fucking offensive to me because it is so horrible. Everything else, meh. Get down with your bad self, Kim.
  • Options
    amelisha said:
    Seriously.  It was a photo shoot.  She has done naked photo shoots before and will continue to do so.  I really don't see what the big deal is.  I personally can't stop staring at her ass because it so much resembles one of those plastic fake asses you can get at a costume shop, as well as a life size version of my barbie doll asses that I had when I was a kid.  I think the worst thing about the whole thing is her hair like ashley8918 noted above.  
    That hair is fucking offensive to me because it is so horrible. Everything else, meh. Get down with your bad self, Kim.
    And I bet her hair took like 3 hours for the hairstylist to complete.  They probably curled the hell out of it and everything, only to throw it up into a Pebble-esque hair do.

• Options
    amelisha said:
    And I bet her hair took like 3 hours for the hairstylist to complete.  They probably curled the hell out of it and everything, only to throw it up into a Pebble-esque hair do.
    Yeah, the hair is horrendous. Everything else is failing to raise my eyebrows. 

I love the OMG SHOCK AND JUDGMENT from all these people who are apparently failing to remember that the woman's original claim to fame is a sex tape. BUT OMG SHE'S POSING NAKED?! 
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    esstee33 said:

If I go home, rub oil on my ass, put on pearls, and stand in a trash bag waiting for my husband, he'd be checking me into a mental institution the next day.

OK? How fantastic for you. What does that have to do with anything? 

#1 - You're not Kim K. Or any other sort of celebrity or model, as far as I know.
    #2 - You'd be doing something related specifically to the context of a photo shoot outside the context of that photo shoot. So not only is it a stupid comparison, but it's also totally absurd. Take ANY photo shoot outside the context of a modeling shoot and the circumstances would be equally bizarre. Have you SEEN the shit they pose models in?
    #3 - It's not a trash bag, but knock yourself out if you want to stand in one. 

It sure as hell looks like a trash bag. And I'm confident that I am fantastic, thanks. I'm just saying I find the setting and pose to be odd. And @ashley8918‌, good for you. I just find the whole shoot setting to be odd and not that sexy.
  • Options
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Why is anyone surprised that she's posing nude?  She's only famous because she had sex on tape.  I feel like we forget about why we know who she is in the first place.  Yeah, now she has a TV show and her whole love life has been on display, but a show and TV marriage and the Kanye marriage are not what made her famous.

To be clear, I don't really care about her one way or another.  I have zero interest in woman shaming  or mother shaming (looking at you, Naya!)  However, I just don't understand the outrage at what I'm assuming are some type of more artistic photos when there is something that, in my mind, is a lot more scandalous already out there.

• Options
    I am not pearl clutching about naked photos...of anyone. Or "slut shaming" or hating on women, etc.

I just get frustrated with society's obsession with people like this. Famous for being famous and plastic. In my opinion, it dilutes American culture.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I dislike anyone who brands themselves as "American Royal Family".
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I like the show for something mindless to watch when I'm home alone. I really don't mind her and I enjoyed talking with FI over how strange her booty looks and if it was photo shopped or not. 

She's not hurting me, she's not taking my money, she isn't pushing any beliefs onto me, so I am in the camp that she can do what she wants. 

• Options
    I am not pearl clutching about naked photos...of anyone. Or "slut shaming" or hating on women, etc. I just get frustrated with society's obsession with people like this. Famous for being famous and plastic. In my opinion, it dilutes American culture.
    I don't think anyone's comments were directed at you.  I have read enough of your posts to know that you would not shame other women, and you definitely are not a pearl clutcher. :)

• Options
    Kim Kardashian is pretty much an item on the list of "things and people I really don't give a damn about."
    Her job is being a celebrity who can't sing, can't dance, can't act, and has terrible taste in clothing. So far, she's done very well at it, which indicates a certain amount of intelligence. I find it kind of weird and sad that she's as famous as she is, and agree with SouthernBelle that our plastic surgery appearance obsessed culture isn't admirable or healthy. 

Don't care about nekkid pictures. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards