Chit Chat
Options

How rude.

I was just so excited and then so very let down. I went to get my stankass work coffee (because free) and lo and behold, there on the counter sat... a Caribou coffee box! Eureka! Someone had an early morning meeting and shared the bounty, oh glorious... shit. It's fucking LEMONADE that someone didn't clean up after an afternoon meeting. Fuck you, deceitful temptress coffee box.

Happy Friday, Knotties. Hope yours starts off more nicely than mine. Whatcha up to today?

Re: How rude.

• Options
    Stale lemonade, awesome! 

Our office Donut Fairy arrived today, on schedule!  Mmmmm.... munchkins. 

Prepping for a destination wedding this weekend. Woo! 

• Options
    Ewh, I'd be so disappointed.

I went to Starbucks this morning because I treat myself on Friday. The line was outrageous. I was there for like 20 minutes and was a late to work. But oh well, I got my Caramel Brulee and I have my own facility so no one knows ;)

• Options
    Haha I also drink free work coffee. I wouldn't call it stankass, but it's not my favorite.

I had an all-day meeting yesterday and one today. Thankfully, I'm mainly there to observe and listen. Also, there are pastries and free lunch involved.

Tonight I'm seeing Dumb and Dumber To. I hope it's good but ready for disappointment.
  • Options
    OH MY GOD. I love Caribou Coffee SO much. We had one very briefly in the mall here for just a few years, but it's gone now. 

If I could gif at work, I'd be posting the saddest sad gif ever right now. 
  • Options
    Oh that sucks! We have coffee at work but it's never already made and I don't want to make some in case it belongs specifically to someone, I don't want them getting pissed at me. People here are SUPER touchy about not taking food/items from other departments. (Not that I believe in taking other people's things, you just never know what's communal or not around here, so I assume nothing is).

Today I'm stomping my feet and whining because our photographer said she would have our engagement pics ready and in the mail this week, and I haven't heard from her yet. Not a huge deal, I'm just ready to see them.

Cleaning my house like a madwoman tonight because my MOH gets in town tomorrow for us to go bridesmaid dress shopping! :D

@kat1114 I heard it's really funny! Several of my friends saw it last night.
    Anniversary

• Options

You guys get free coffee at work?  What kind of magical fairy land do you work at?

Oh, right, I work for the government.  Great health benefits, but NOTHING extra is ever free.  We are trying to petition to allow the employees (who want to) to pay for one of those giant bottle water things so we don't have to just use the warm water fountain

• Options
    Our at-work coffee is ok (not great, but not as bad as YMCA coffee). I miss Caribou coffee--it hasn't made its way East yet, I don't think.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    We have a keurig at work with a bunch of different flavours (small office we all got to pick them) so my work coffee usually rocks.  Other than that YAY FRIDAY! I have kettlebell class tonight then snuggles on the couch with FI.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have a keurig at work with a bunch of different flavours (small office we all got to pick them) so my work coffee usually rocks.  Other than that YAY FRIDAY! I have kettlebell class tonight then snuggles on the couch with FI.
    When I did my internship 3 years ago, my supervisor had a 'secret' keurig in his office that he would let me use. I miss that thing every day lol
    Anniversary

• Options

I don't like coffee or tea so I just have my morning water bottle. Which I don't drink, it stays full until lunch.

No plans tonight.....but tomorrow I'm having sushi with Beethery! And Monday DH & I already decided we are playing hooky from work and going to see Dumb & Dumber. Yay for date day!

• Options
    I would be doubly pissed off, because I LOVE lemonade. So to not have coffee, and on top of that to find stale lemonade, I would seriously punch something.

I'm just counting down the hours till I can leave work. It's payday, though, so yay! I'll probably just go kickboxing later and then go back to addressing our std's.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    We actually have decent coffee downstairs... one of those fancy Flavia machines with all kinds of different packets. But it's a coffee machine for ants and it takes 3 times to fill up my 18oz coffee mug, and I don't have that kind of time. I mean, I have Knotting to do.

• Options

We have Flavia machines at work, but the coffee tastes weird to me.  They give us free Seattle's Best in the cafeteria so that's what I usually get. 

Trying to get an appt with a vet - one of our cats is pissing outside of the litter box and FI is getting fed up.  A coworker had the same issue and had her cat put on Prozac - hoping I can do the same and fix this issue, or we're gonna have to have her euthanized - I can't stomach sending her to a shelter where she may end up euthanized anyway, or with a family that would throw her outside or worse if she did it there (she's declawed).  She's been gorging on food lately, so I think she's got anxiety issues (we have 2 other cats and a dog - I believe she'd prefer to be an only pet). 

• Options

Boo to old lemonade! Yuck!

I picked up some donuts and coffee on my way to work. I am now the most popular person in my office.

I just need to get through work today and then DH and I are going to celebrate our monthiversary a little early and go out for a seafood dinner. I am SO excited!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    When I first started here, we had nothing. Not even a water cooler. We've since convinced the owners to let us get Keurig. We have two flavors of coffee. We're responsible for our own milk, sugar, etc. But when you work next to a pastry kitchen....(ssshhh) 

We also finally have a water cooler too. Yay. 
  • Options
    Our at-work coffee is ok (not great, but not as bad as YMCA coffee). I miss Caribou coffee--it hasn't made its way East yet, I don't think.
    @KatieinBklyn - If you have a Keurig you can get Caribou kcups!  I don't drink coffee at all but H loves the Caribou daybreak kcups.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I do the coffee buying for my group so I buy Starbucks and Peets coffee. I am waiting for the big, big, big boss to cracks down on coffee buying since they have cracked down on everything else.
  • Options
    dcbride86 said:

You guys get free coffee at work?  What kind of magical fairy land do you work at?

Oh, right, I work for the government.  Great health benefits, but NOTHING extra is ever free.  We are trying to petition to allow the employees (who want to) to pay for one of those giant bottle water things so we don't have to just use the warm water fountain

At least you have good insurance and security. We have to pay for coffee, no water cooler, AND have crappy insurance (NFP org that does a lot of charity care). The "coffee club" always gets Maxwell House. I'm not trying to sound snotty, but I'd just rather not drink coffee at all if that's all that's available. Woof. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    esstee33 said:

We have Flavia machines at work, but the coffee tastes weird to me.  They give us free Seattle's Best in the cafeteria so that's what I usually get. 

Trying to get an appt with a vet - one of our cats is pissing outside of the litter box and FI is getting fed up.  A coworker had the same issue and had her cat put on Prozac - hoping I can do the same and fix this issue, or we're gonna have to have her euthanized - I can't stomach sending her to a shelter where she may end up euthanized anyway, or with a family that would throw her outside or worse if she did it there (she's declawed).  She's been gorging on food lately, so I think she's got anxiety issues (we have 2 other cats and a dog - I believe she'd prefer to be an only pet). 

Are you fucking kidding me with this? The cat might just have a fucking UTI! You can't stomach sending the cat to a shelter where it might be adopted by a family who would actually care for it, but you CAN stomach having it KILLED instead? 

My mind is absolutely blown that you'd rather just assume it WON'T get adopted and have it euthanized anyway rather than even giving it a chance at having a new life with a new family. That is fucking sick. 
    Yeah, I didn't understand why that was the solution to the problem.
  • Options
    esstee33 said:

Are you fucking kidding me with this? The cat might just have a fucking UTI! You can't stomach sending the cat to a shelter where it might be adopted by a family who would actually care for it, but you CAN stomach having it KILLED instead? 

My mind is absolutely blown that you'd rather just assume it WON'T get adopted and have it euthanized anyway rather than even giving it a chance at having a new life with a new family. That is fucking sick. 

OMG, @esstee33, I am totally with you. This is so disturbing and sad.

When I was adopting our kitty a couple of weeks ago there was a woman who was trying to so the same thing with her cat. It was peeing everywhere and she just wanted to euthanize it. The shelter convinced her to just surrender it and they would take it to a fucking VET and then have it go to a loving home.

This makes me really sad. My pets are my children. I would never ever euthanize one for peeing everywhere. If my H wanted that, there would be heads rolling and they wouldn't be my pets'.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    esstee33 said:

She said she's going to try to fix the issue first - calm the fuck down.
  • Options
    esstee33 said:

Seconded. What the actual fuck?
  • Options
    abl13 said:
    esstee33 said:

Um so the answer to the problem if the issue isn't fixed is to kill the cat? 
  • Options
    esstee33 said:

Yea, I was gunna say how old is this cat and how long has she been doing this....because it's normally something as simple as they want their own litter box (not shared with another cat) or they want theirs cleaned more often. I've never seen it not solved with one of those solutions.

• Options
    kat1114 said:
    abl13 said:
    esstee33 said:

Um so the answer to the problem if the issue isn't fixed is to kill the cat? 

There is no way I would ever take my pet to a kill shelter. If it ever came down to it and I exhausted all my resources and there was nothing else to do I would much rather hold my cat in my arms while it passed painlessly than subject it to the horrifying shelter. I volunteer in animal rescue - adult cats and dogs are extremely hard to adopt out.

It's possible that the cat may just have diabetes though - that causes cats to pee a lot. Easily fixed with medication!

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    esstee33 said:

Yea, I was gunna say how old is this cat and how long has she been doing this....because it's normally something as simple as they want their own litter box (not shared with another cat) or they want theirs cleaned more often. I've never seen it not solved with one of those solutions.
    Yup. There are SO MANY REASONS cats start peeing outside the box. If there are multiple cats, they each need to have their own litter box, and typically if you want to be extra cautious, have an extra one beyond that. But if the cat gets any number of health issues, it could start -- UTIs are a very common cause. It hurts to pee, and then the cat associates the litter box with pain and won't want to go in it. Furthermore, declawing cats causes them pain when they paw in the litter, so they may stop using it for the same reason. 

• Options
    abl13 said:
    esstee33 said:

Yea this. 

It might be more constructive to ask questions if you're curious about this, since there is very little information. Or just freak and and yell cat killer... either way.

Of course, it's not right to just be like "oh, my cat is sick...call the euthanizers." But she explicitly said she wants to try to fix the problem that's causing harm to the animal.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards