Chit Chat
Options

How rude.

13»

Re: How rude.

• Options
    Holy thread derail!  Anywho, fuck that stale-lemonade-leaving motherfucker. I would be furious. rovides us with nasty ass Donut Shop brand coffee that brews almost clear. Yuck! We also have a secret squrrel keurig in my new area where we bring in our own coffee and sometimes play tradsies. Mmmmmm French Market Dark Roast Coffee & Chicory! Yes ma'am.

Not really related: It is taco friday. BEEEEEE JEALOUS.

(complete with mexican pastries... and regular donuts)

Bonus: LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS FUCKING AVOCADO.
    Never before has the phrase "holy guacamole" been more appropriate. Holy shit.
    I approve.  And are you making guac with Mountain Dew?
  • Options
    I was just so excited and then so very let down. I went to get my stankass work coffee (because free) and lo and behold, there on the counter sat... a Caribou coffee box! Eureka! Someone had an early morning meeting and shared the bounty, oh glorious... shit. It's fucking LEMONADE that someone didn't clean up after an afternoon meeting. Fuck you, deceitful temptress coffee box.

Happy Friday, Knotties. Hope yours starts off more nicely than mine. Whatcha up to today?
    They add salt to the coffee at my work and it's not free. It's like $2 for a crappy cup of coffee. I use my french press mug or make coffee from the hidden coffee maker that apparently we are not supposed to have because of OSHA.
    They...add...salt? What? Do you mean like the salty chemical stuff that softens water? I worked in a restaurant that had to do that to make the machine run properly, but my mind can't come up with any other salt-related possibility here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    On a different note, a man just told me that I must accidentally put too much mascara and eyeliner on. I was just like, "Uhm, no. I wear this amount on purpose?"

1 - Why do you care or why does it matter how much eye makeup I wear?
    2 - I honestly don't wear much eye makeup because I am a ginger and too much looks too heavy to me.

How rude.

• Options
    I am spoiled at work-- we have a Keurig with a bunch of different coffee and tea.  Some of them are pretty nasty and not strong enough, but I can always find something I want.  We also have oatmeal packets, Cup-a-Soup, and hot chocolate.  

@Ashley8918 I'll be right over for that avocado, thanks for saving it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    amelisha said:
    I was just so excited and then so very let down. I went to get my stankass work coffee (because free) and lo and behold, there on the counter sat... a Caribou coffee box! Eureka! Someone had an early morning meeting and shared the bounty, oh glorious... shit. It's fucking LEMONADE that someone didn't clean up after an afternoon meeting. Fuck you, deceitful temptress coffee box.

Happy Friday, Knotties. Hope yours starts off more nicely than mine. Whatcha up to today?
    They add salt to the coffee at my work and it's not free. It's like $2 for a crappy cup of coffee. I use my french press mug or make coffee from the hidden coffee maker that apparently we are not supposed to have because of OSHA.
    They...add...salt? What? Do you mean like the salty chemical stuff that softens water? I worked in a restaurant that had to do that to make the machine run properly, but my mind can't come up with any other salt-related possibility here.
    Apparently that's a thing! I had no idea. I knew there was some kind of Ethiopian ceremony that involves putting salt in coffee, but not that people just do it regularly. 
    http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2012/12/should-you-put-salt-in-your-coffee-reduce-bitterness.html

I drink my coffee black. Nothing added. We have free instant stuff at work that tastes kinda like death, but it's free and caffeinated, so I'll take it. 
  • Options
    My parents are going off to get chick-fil-a without me. I want a sandwich :((((((((

RUDE.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

Our coffee at work is okay - they have green mountain and it's decent. We also have a keurig but I cannot ever remember to bring k-cups in for it. The powdered creamer they have for us nasty though so I have to hide my own bottle in the fridge.

At some point today I need to call the vet - our pup has thrown up three times since Saturday and we have no idea why. His food hasn't changed, he hasn't gotten in to anything (that we're aware of) and he seems to be fine otherwise. He got his second round of distemper shots on Saturday morning and promptly threw up in the car afterwards. Okay, we figured it was because of the shots. Then he threw up again Wednesday morning when H took him out to pee. Then he threw up again last night. Last night was the first time that he seemed a little fatigued and out of it, but it was late and he could've just been tired. So we have no idea what's going on but I don't like seeing my puppy be sick :/

• Options

Our coffee at work is okay - they have green mountain and it's decent. We also have a keurig but I cannot ever remember to bring k-cups in for it. The powdered creamer they have for us nasty though so I have to hide my own bottle in the fridge.

At some point today I need to call the vet - our pup has thrown up three times since Saturday and we have no idea why. His food hasn't changed, he hasn't gotten in to anything (that we're aware of) and he seems to be fine otherwise. He got his second round of distemper shots on Saturday morning and promptly threw up in the car afterwards. Okay, we figured it was because of the shots. Then he threw up again Wednesday morning when H took him out to pee. Then he threw up again last night. Last night was the first time that he seemed a little fatigued and out of it, but it was late and he could've just been tired. So we have no idea what's going on but I don't like seeing my puppy be sick :/

Call the vet ASAP. He might be having a reaction to the shot.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    @Beethery H just called and the vet said he definitely shouldn't still be reacting if it's the shot, since it was almost a week ago. She said that we can bring him in tomorrow morning or we can wait and see if he continues to throw up. She said if he does it again to bring him in right away. He's at my in-laws now for the afternoon and they're going to keep an eye on him. He seems completely fine otherwise - lots of energy and his bathroom habits are fine. He's been eating a little less than usual this week but I didn't think much of it until he threw up again last night.
  • Options
    @Beethery H just called and the vet said he definitely shouldn't still be reacting if it's the shot, since it was almost a week ago. She said that we can bring him in tomorrow morning or we can wait and see if he continues to throw up. She said if he does it again to bring him in right away. He's at my in-laws now for the afternoon and they're going to keep an eye on him. He seems completely fine otherwise - lots of energy and his bathroom habits are fine. He's been eating a little less than usual this week but I didn't think much of it until he threw up again last night.
    Has he ripped up any toys lately?

FFIL didn't pay attention to Daisy while she destroyed a tennis ball and ingested some of the outside. The fuzz irritated her throat to the point where she'd cough so hard that she'd throw up. They gave her a painkiller shot (which btw was the funniest/saddest thing ever because she was basically so drunk that she couldn't remember how to lay down and was falling asleep standing up), and then prescribed her some pain meds and antibiotics. We had to give her soft food with her dry food for a while just to make it easier on her esophagus during that time.

Might be worth looking into.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

beethery said:
    Has he ripped up any toys lately?

FFIL didn't pay attention to Daisy while she destroyed a tennis ball and ingested some of the outside. The fuzz irritated her throat to the point where she'd cough so hard that she'd throw up. They gave her a painkiller shot (which btw was the funniest/saddest thing ever because she was basically so drunk that she couldn't remember how to lay down and was falling asleep standing up), and then prescribed her some pain meds and antibiotics. We had to give her soft food with her dry food for a while just to make it easier on her esophagus during that time.

Might be worth looking into.

No ripping up toys - he's actually losing his puppy teeth right now so he's more or less gnawing on things. I figured he was eating less because it was just hard for him to chew the dry food and have been thinking we should get him wet food to mix with the dry while his adult teeth are growing in. We're gonna keep an eye on the little guy and I'll probably break down and bring him in tomorrow morning regardless if he throws up again because I want to make 100% sure that he's okay.
  • Options
    Kitty would pee outside of her box to tell me that something was wrong. It wasn't a bratty thing, it was a I-need-help thing. Make sure your kitty doesn't have fleas. That was a big trigger for my cat to pee outside of the box.

A PP mentioned feliway which helped keep her calm as well. I also recommend having a space that is set aside just for her that the other pets are not allowed to use like a special cat tree or elevated safe place. 

Also, am I the only one who thinks coffee tastes nasty? 
  • Options
    lc07 said:

I'm with you.  Coffee is terrible.  I don't drink it at all, or anything with coffee taste, even ice cream.  I do love the smell of beans though.  I'm a hot chocolate girl, but very picky about it.  I don't want no brown water shit.  

We have a coffee fund at work, and everyone has to pay into it.  You get Culligan water, hot chocolate and coffee.  I drink that water every day, so I don't mind paying.  

• Options
    lc07 said:

I'm with you.  Coffee is terrible.  I don't drink it at all, or anything with coffee taste, even ice cream.  I do love the smell of beans though.  I'm a hot chocolate girl, but very picky about it.  I don't want no brown water shit.  

We have a coffee fund at work, and everyone has to pay into it.  You get Culligan water, hot chocolate and coffee.  I drink that water every day, so I don't mind paying.  
    Oh my God. I love you. YES! Coffee smells amazing but tastes nothing like the way it smells. It's hot bean flavored water, you guys. Gross.

Hot Chocolate all the way.
  • Options
    All the love it's for lc07!!  

• Options
    lc07 said:
    Kitty would pee outside of her box to tell me that something was wrong. It wasn't a bratty thing, it was a I-need-help thing. Make sure your kitty doesn't have fleas. That was a big trigger for my cat to pee outside of the box.

A PP mentioned feliway which helped keep her calm as well. I also recommend having a space that is set aside just for her that the other pets are not allowed to use like a special cat tree or elevated safe place. 

She's at the vet's office for the weekend - they want to get a urine sample and it's easier for them to segregate her to get it than it is here. Hopefully they'll be able to get an answer for what's going on!

• Options
    emmaaa said:

On a different note, a man just told me that I must accidentally put too much mascara and eyeliner on. I was just like, "Uhm, no. I wear this amount on purpose?"

2 - I honestly don't wear much eye makeup because I am a ginger and too much looks too heavy to me.

How rude.
    Where do dudes get the idea that their opinion of what women wear actually matters? Gross. Depending on the situation, I might have taken the time to educate him on the millions of reasons why he should keep that shit to himself.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options

How rude.
    Where do dudes get the idea that their opinion of what women wear actually matters? Gross. Depending on the situation, I might have taken the time to educate him on the millions of reasons why he should keep that shit to himself.
    Was this a stranger, a co worker, who was it? 
    Did I ask For your motherfucking opinion - Did I ask For your motherfucking opinion  Foul Bachelorette Frog

• Options

How rude.
    Was this a stranger, a co worker, who was it? 
    Did I ask For your motherfucking opinion - Did I ask For your motherfucking opinion  Foul Bachelorette Frog
    He was a participant in programs that I run. So, I couldn't be rude to him and just moved on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards