Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Adjusting to difference in time zone.

edited November 2014 in Nevada-Las Vegas

Have any of you factored in time zone changes when scheduling your ceremony?

Our entire guest list is traveling from the east coast (3hrs ahead of Vegas time). I just realized our ceremony is at 7pm (10pm EST). Now I'm wondering if scheduling a dusk reception was a bad idea. I don't want my older guests to fall asleep during the reception! I want everyone lively and ready to party!

Also, what do you think is considered "too late" for a dinner start time? If we choose to take formal pictures after the ceremony, we won't be seated for dinner until about 9.

Re: Adjusting to difference in time zone.

• Options
    Our ceremony was at 7:30 and a majority of our guests were from the east coast.  We did pictures before and started dinner at about 8pm and it worked out fine.  Some of the older guests left after cake around 9:15, but everyone else was there until he end.

What time of year will it be?  I feel like in the summer with it being light later it's easier for people to be up later.  Also, if you are going to do pictures after a 7pm ceremony, I would suggest a cocktail hour with some apps before dinner and 9 and you'll be fine.  

Maybe even plan a later event for the night before to get people used to being up later.  Like a meet and greet from 7 to 9 or something like that.  

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    Most of our 125 guests were from Florida and half of them made it to midnight when the venue closed.  I wouldn't anticipate an issue.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    It's in August. I might consider taking pictures before the ceremony and start dinner around 8 like you. That way we can have some daylight photos as well. The only down side, I don't really want to see the groom that day until I come down the isle. I like both of your suggestions! Thanks!
  • Options
    I woundnt be keen on dinner after 7.30, i woundnt worry about the time difference. It was 9 hours for me.
  • Options
    There is no sleeping in Vegas anyway! lol

Depends when your guests are arriving. The first night they will prob drop like a fly, but after that they should be OK. Just keep in mind that some people are used to eating at certain times, so maybe suggest a light snack or meal before they head to the ceremony.
  • Options
    We moved our ceremony back from 4 to 2 for this very reason...
    Maybe I was over thinking it but since were only going for the weekend I figured no one would be adjusted yet
  • Options
    It takes me longer than a day or two to adjust to Pacific Time. I'd say it takes me 3-4 days to truly adjust, so I'd consider that if people are flying in the night before.
  • Options
    they have flown all the way to your wedding... they will stay awake for it. We flew from Australia... but luckily for us... a 3pm wedding in Vegas is 9am in Australia... so everyone was definitely awake! If they are having a good time, they wont notice how late it is.
  • Options
    I'm from NJ and I went a week early so I was good BUT, that being said my wedding was at 3pm which was perfect for me and my guest :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Fellow East coasters...we also debated back and forth.  In the end we've decided on a 2pm ceremony with dinner at 6pm.  We have a suite for post reception festivities for those who are still in party mode.  Most of our guests are coming in on Thursday, some even before we arrive.  Hopefully by Saturday they will be ready for some celebrating...but I don't think they will have to try to hard :)

Congrats to all!
  • Options
    Fellow East coasters...we also debated back and forth.  In the end we've decided on a 2pm ceremony with dinner at 6pm.  We have a suite for post reception festivities for those who are still in party mode.  Most of our guests are coming in on Thursday, some even before we arrive.  Hopefully by Saturday they will be ready for some celebrating...but I don't think they will have to try to hard :)

Congrats to all!
    What are your guests doing between the ceremony and the reception? Is there any way you can avoid that gap and create a cocktail hour for them while you take pictures?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards