Chit Chat
Options

What's bugging you?

Re: What's bugging you?

• Options

@ohannabelle

You listen here, honorary mom. You are NOT too old for those fabulous boots (that I am absolutely purchasing, by the way). 

She is EIGHTY SEVEN and rocks those boots way harder than I ever could.
    She is stunning!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I'm getting very tired of sore boobs that hurt all. the. time.!  I just want someone to cut them off and replace them with ones that don't hurt :(
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    lyndausvi said:
    jdluvr06 said:
    lyndausvi said:
    DH went to a food show today.  He got a sample pot brownie.  He ate the pot brownie.  Now he is high.  He hasn't been high since our HM 6 years ago.   

It's pretty funny, but annoying at the same time.

Before he ate the brownie DH took the dogs out for a walk off leash.  Chef decided to go up to 2 "dogs" who were on leashes.   One was a St Bernard who was nice.  The other "dog" was really a pet wolf who "eats" dogs.  Yep, he attacked Chef and drew blood.   Chef is okay, but still.  DH should have had him on a leash to, but he had let him off to play in the rugby field.    No more off leash for either one now we know there is a pet wolf around.

I hope Chef is ok. Was it a wolf or a wolf hybrid?
    I'm not sure.  I wasn't there. DH said the guy said it was a pet wolf.  The owner admitted his wolf naturally go after dogs.  

We have been here since Feb and I've never seen the wolf and St Bernard  that I can recall.   I'm not consistent with the dogs on a leash.  Well mack is normally on leash, Chef not as much.  Depends where we are.    Normally I let them loose at the field so they can run. There are a lot of loose dogs there and there has never been a problem.   I guess we will have to rethink that.

So the owner knowing his wolf has a natural tendency to attack dogs took his wolf to a dog park? I don't care if the animal was on a leash or not. That is completely insane.
    not a dog park.   We live in a neighborhood that has a walk/bike path that is also next to a rugby field.   When not in use there are a lot of dogs that run around the field.   It's just a big open space that dogs are often seen running round.  

There are a ton of dogs in the area. It's rare not to see someone with a dog on the path.  A lot of them are off leash.    He was walking his dog and wolf near the field on the path.  Our dog is social and went up to the wolf.   DH said he tried to stop Chef, but he didn't listen. Which is our fault because he should be listening to us.   

Normally when I see another dog on a leash and Chef is off leash I will put him on the leash.  There is an understanding that the dogs on leash might have problems with other dogs. Mack doesn't have a problem with other dogs, he is a runner so I keep him on a leash.  I have many people who have dogs that are loose ask about Mack. I just explain he is on a leash because he like to run away, not because he isn't good with other dogs.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I have two things bugging me, one I can deal with and one that I can't.

First thing is my college. Recently found out that I did not graduate after being out of school and looking for job for a year and a half. Now I have to be reactivated as a student. Sent that paperwork in last Friday. Yesterday, I check my school email and see that they will shut me off from my email, blackboard, everything to do with my school come Dec.2. Hopefully the paperwork will go through and be updated before then.

Second thing just bugs me since I spend everyday on here :). A girl I went to high school with and I'm friends with on fb is going to the courthouse next week to get legally married and then next year having a PPD. She's pretty open with it but I don't get why she's doing it. I really want to direct her to here but I barely know her or I definitely would.
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    @ohannabelle GET THEM. You are not too old. Get them and rock the hell out of them! 

My gripe: I finally found THE FUCKING PERFECT earrings, and they're like $40 more than I'm willing to spend. They're not current merchandise and there's only one listing on eBay. Kate Spade still carries them, but only in black, not in yellow. Ughhhhhhhh. 
    Can I see? Any pics?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, I am loving the boot talk because I need some good ones but here's my question: which one is best for icy roads?  I gotta walk up a hill to get to work and I hear it gets icy.  Plus I've definitely busted my ass in the ice several times in my Uggs last winter >_<
    My Sorels have very grippy bottoms. Thick, zig-zaggy rubber treads. I think they'll be great on ice but haven't tested them yet. I bet I will in the morning!

Have you considered Yak Trax?
    Hmm... I have never heard of Yak Trax but I am googling them now. Their website claims "confidence on snow and ice" lol so I like what i'm seeing so far.  I had actually never even thought about adding something grippier to the bottom of the boots, thanks!

ETA: please let me know how your Sorels work out though
    My Sorels have always gotten awesome traction on ice, for the record. I'm clumsy as all hell but I've never slipped in those! 
  • Options
    Puppy has the most ridiculous sensitive stomach. We've had him since August and we've been to the vet 3 times, the first emergency and overnight. It doesn't help he eats everything not nailed down. 

So anyway now he has pretty bad diarrhea, I just caught him eating rocks (small ones, pretty sure it's fine), and he kinda looks like he doesn't feel so hot, so I'm canceling his herding class today. He loves herding more than anything so I hate to do that, but he could probably do without the excitement. And eating of sheep poop. 

Fingers crossed he won't need to go to the vet AGAIN. He does seem to be perking up though so maybe he was just tired. 
  • Options
    FiancB said:
    Puppy has the most ridiculous sensitive stomach. We've had him since August and we've been to the vet 3 times, the first emergency and overnight. It doesn't help he eats everything not nailed down. 

So anyway now he has pretty bad diarrhea, I just caught him eating rocks (small ones, pretty sure it's fine), and he kinda looks like he doesn't feel so hot, so I'm canceling his herding class today. He loves herding more than anything so I hate to do that, but he could probably do without the excitement. And eating of sheep poop. 

Fingers crossed he won't need to go to the vet AGAIN. He does seem to be perking up though so maybe he was just tired. 
    If it makes you feel any better, my dog ate everything when he was little too and then he grew out of it. The first night I had him, he threw up something that was black and furry. He ate rocks, dead leaves, random plants, chips of cement, paper (he would literally eat my mail), he ate Christmas decorations, etc. We just kept telling him no and eventually he stopped. There's hope for your pup, still! 
  • Options
    I am really angry today. About boots and age.
    Took Moosey to the shoe store to get him new Chucks. And there, on the shelf, like the Holy Grail of cool, are these Doc Martens. They're patterned in these fabulous 15th century paintings (Hieronymus Bosch, if anyone cares) and they are beautiful. And cool. And I fell deeply, passionately in love with them.

Guess what? I'm fucking old.

As in, too old to wear cool Doc Martens. As hard as I tried to think of a way to pull it off, the ugly reality is, there is none. None way. I would look like some pudgy little Grandma who stole the boots from her granddaughter's closet. And I am bitter. I want to be 25 again. I want my black leather jacket and crinolines and ripped up leggings back. 

I normally don't get age regret, but I actually bawled in the car on the way home. Because I want fucking stupid Hieronymus Bosch boots, and that ship has sailed. 
    And Moose said, "You need to calm down, crazy woman." 
    The road from Dr. Marten's to Dr. Scholls is fucking swift and terrible. I might as well start wearing puffy paint holiday sweatshirts and elastic waist Dockers. And then die. 

God. It's whiskey time. Here are the boots that kicked me in the face with the cruelty of age and my inevitable death. (Yes, I do need to calm down. But I am bitterly sad.)
    Oh, sweet dear!  Please, here, have all the hugs, and all the wine, and if I still partook, I'd give you all the ganja too!!  Please get these boots and rock the shit out of them?

Okay, anecdote time:

1. My university supervisor was in her mid-60s and her regular look was black lace up boots, with black pants, and a black leather jacket.  She had fiery red hair and a feisty personality to match her style.  She. Was. Awesome.  And I never once questioned her style.  If anything, it gave me hope that I would not be relegated to puffy paint sweatshirts and elastic-waist dockers one day. :)

2. As far as the emotions--my mom could have written the same thing!  I know you mentioned some other lady stuff in another thread, and my mom is going through the same thing.  She talked to her doctor about it and has been taking some hormones that seem to be helping. 

Sending so much love your way, lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    esstee33 said:
    @ohannabelle GET THEM. You are not too old. Get them and rock the hell out of them! 

My gripe: I finally found THE FUCKING PERFECT earrings, and they're like $40 more than I'm willing to spend. They're not current merchandise and there's only one listing on eBay. Kate Spade still carries them, but only in black, not in yellow. Ughhhhhhhh. 
    Can I see? Any pics?
  • Options
    esstee33 those are so pretty! Have you ever checked out Bauble Bar? They have really pretty colored earrings like that! 
  • Options
    @novella1186 I've looked hiiiiiigh and low and I'm just having SUCH a hard time with yellow. I can find everything I want in every other color, but basically nothing in yellow. :( 

I'll check Bauble Bar, though!! Thanks! 
  • Options
    Check your PMs @esstee33
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    Kendra Scott Danielle Earrings Earring Gold/Yellow Opaque Glass ...Crystal Twinkle Statement Earrings - yellow chandelier earringswhat about these? 
  • Options
    let me know if you can't see the images and I'll re-attach them a different way. My computer is being weird. 
  • Options
    let me know if you can't see the images and I'll re-attach them a different way. My computer is being weird. 
    Nope, can't see them. :( 
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    Nope, can't see them. :( 
    ok for some reason I can't edit that post, so I'm trying again with a new one! 
  • Options
    The first pair I just posted are Kendra Scott! She makes really awesome stuff! 
  • Options
    esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    Ooooh. I really like the Kendra Scott stuff! And the 4th ones you posted, Novella! Thanks, ladies. :) 

ETA: I found those 4th earrings and there are a bunch more on that site that I like, but my favorites are clip-on, which I haven't worn since I was a kid. Anyone really like or hate them? 
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    Ooooh. I really like the Kendra Scott stuff! And the 4th ones you posted, Novella! Thanks, ladies. :) 

ETA: I found those 4th earrings and there are a bunch more on that site that I like, but my favorites are clip-on, which I haven't worn since I was a kid. Anyone really like or hate them? 
    What do the clip-ons look like at the clip-on part? Maybe it would be easy to have a crafty friend stick some regular earring backs on there? 
  • Options
    esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    novella1186 said: esstee33 said: Ooooh. I really like the Kendra Scott stuff! And the 4th ones you posted, Novella! Thanks, ladies. :) 
    ETA: I found those 4th earrings and there are a bunch more on that site that I like, but my favorites are clip-on, which I haven't worn since I was a kid. Anyone really like or hate them?  What do the clip-ons look like at the clip-on part? Maybe it would be easy to have a crafty friend stick some regular earring backs on there? 
    Oh. Right.
    I'm super crafty, haha. I could totally do that. 
  • Options
    RANT:

1) I broke my bra last night. The underwire snapped in half and it's stabbing me and I hate this bra and the only reason I'm wearing it is because I also snapped ALL my other bras so now I have to go bra shopping, which I hate.

2) FI made me cranky this morning because he's upset that our mid-month pay cheque gets used up really fast, but that's because that's the cheque that has our car payments, mortgage AND interest for our loan come off.

3) My cat is eating the tile grout in our bathroom and I can't make her stop.

Somebody give me some rum.
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

lyndausvi said:
    DH went to a food show today.  He got a sample pot brownie.  He ate the pot brownie.  Now he is high.  He hasn't been high since our HM 6 years ago.   

It's pretty funny, but annoying at the same time.

Before he ate the brownie DH took the dogs out for a walk off leash.  Chef decided to go up to 2 "dogs" who were on leashes.   One was a St Bernard who was nice.  The other "dog" was really a pet wolf who "eats" dogs.  Yep, he attacked Chef and drew blood.   Chef is okay, but still.  DH should have had him on a leash to, but he had let him off to play in the rugby field.    No more off leash for either one now we know there is a pet wolf around.
    Ohmygod, poor Chef! 
      He is sleeping on my legs right now.  He doesn't seem traumatized.

I do not get pet wolfs.
    They are for people stupid enough to think they can domesticate a non domesticated animal.  It will end up attacking them or killing another of their pets, or a neighbor's pets, or attacking a child.

DOmestication was no fucking joke and it took a long ass time. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    RANT:

1) I broke my bra last night. The underwire snapped in half and it's stabbing me and I hate this bra and the only reason I'm wearing it is because I also snapped ALL my other bras so now I have to go bra shopping, which I hate.

2) FI made me cranky this morning because he's upset that our mid-month pay cheque gets used up really fast, but that's because that's the cheque that has our car payments, mortgage AND interest for our loan come off.

I'm sure you tried this already but those sprays that smell and taste like shit?  If that doesn't work can you keep the  door closed?  Time for a vet check to determine what is causing this pica?

Apparently last night I rolled over and knocked my poor cat out of bed and scared the ever living shit out of him :*(  He was disoriented for a few hours.  I suck.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Ugh, I hate ignorant fools.Some guy I'm friends with on FB (friend of a friend, so more like acquaintances) is constantly spouting off about how everything is racist. Don't get me wrong, I totally believe that racism is alive and well, but not everydamnthing is about race. His newest gripe is with retailers having vacation blackout dates during the holiday season. They're doing it not to keep enough staff around to accommodate the extra shopper volume, but instead they started doing it recently because black people work in retail. Like, how the fuck does one make that kind of leap in logic? I mean, I started in retail 15 years ago and vacation blackouts were alive and well then. I worked every holiday season for 7 years, and I didn't notice more employees of any given race working than during the rest of the year. So... wtf?
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    RANT:

You can get spray from a pet store or hardware store that isn't harmful but tastes bad to cats so she'll stop eating stuff. Or you could try just putting something spicy on the grout. 
  • Options
    @PrettyGirlLost @novella1186 Oh you're both so smart. I''ll do that tonight.
  • Options
    Ugh, I hate ignorant fools.Some guy I'm friends with on FB (friend of a friend, so more like acquaintances) is constantly spouting off about how everything is racist. Don't get me wrong, I totally believe that racism is alive and well, but not everydamnthing is about race. His newest gripe is with retailers having vacation blackout dates during the holiday season. They're doing it not to keep enough staff around to accommodate the extra shopper volume, but instead they started doing it recently because black people work in retail. Like, how the fuck does one make that kind of leap in logic? I mean, I started in retail 15 years ago and vacation blackouts were alive and well then. I worked every holiday season for 7 years, and I didn't notice more employees of any given race working than during the rest of the year. So... wtf?
    Aw, yeah, when I was as bridal registry consultant and I wasn't allowed to take any time off during the entire month of June, it was because I'm white, not because that's the busiest month of the year for weddings. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards