Minnesota
Options

Ugly Walls

I hate draping, chair covers, etc. I'm very interested in the Pine Peaks Event Center venue but the problem is the reception area. My vision of a shabby chic, rustic, garden inspired, lush green scene just isn't fulfilled with a room full of white curtains. My original intention for a garden type of wedding was in order to lessen the decor required to purchase by having a gorgeous venue. Unfortunately my other requirement - having a venue open later than midnight - has prevented me from choosing one of many beautiful garden/barn venues. 
Does anybody have any ideas on ways to cover up ugly draping? I was thinking of a few shabby chic stations, settee, etc. A succulent wall. Pallette walls. 
Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. 
I've included some pics. The top 2 are examples of looks that I like, the bottom is a picture of the venue. 
Thank you all.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Re: Ugly Walls

• Options
    IMO - unless you've got an unlimited budget I wouldn't worry about the walls.  Decorate up the tables nicely fitting your theme and go from there regardless of the venue you finally decide on.  It's just not worth it to spend a ton of money on decorations or overpriced venue. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards