Not Engaged Yet

cyber Monday

happy Monday after Thanksgiving, to all you USA ladies...  and happy Cyber Monday to everyone!

1.  do you participate in Cyber Monday?
2.  do you participate in Black Friday or Grey Thursday?
3.  share a fun memory from last week's holiday!
4.  do you have any leftovers?  favorite thing to do with leftovers?
5.  what's coming up for you in the next month?
6.  how's the weather?  (just can't help it, I'm a Midwest kind of girl!)

http://media4.onsugar.com/files/2013/11/12/890/n/1922283/2923db241596549e_7a.xxxlarge.gif

Re: cyber Monday

Hi Everybody!! 
    I had to work late on Wednesday, I was battling space issues for one of my customers, but was able to get it all figured out before my shift ended thankfully. 
    Thursday - Thanksgiving.  Slept in, did some laundry, went to In-laws for Thanksgiving.  I noticed my wedding pictures came so we looked at those (and I posted some).
    Friday - Slept in again, we sat at home all day and didn't do anything.  Got caught up on Sleepy Hollow, shopped the online deals, spent too much $$.
    Saturday - FINALLY got to see Big Hero Six - I really liked it!  It was our first time at the theater since they redid it, and boy did they do a great job, fully reclining chairs!!
    Sunday - Watched the Browns lose.  I also walked on my treadmill as part of my 'I've gained 5lbs since the wedding and need to get in shape' mindset. 

1.  do you participate in Cyber Monday?  Yes - my checkbook HATES me at this point.  I've only got a picture frame thingy (and I'm only shopping Amazon)
    2.  do you participate in Black Friday or Grey Thursday? GRR - YES, again, checkbook HATES me
    3.  share a fun memory from last week's holiday! I got my wedding pictures!!!!!!!!
    4.  do you have any leftovers?  favorite thing to do with leftovers?  Not anymore, they were delicious.
    5.  what's coming up for you in the next month?  We have to start working out and get everything paid off and start saving. 
    6.  how's the weather?  (just can't help it, I'm a Midwest kind of girl!)  - The weather is dropping today.  It's been ALL over the place, yesterday it was 62, today it's dropping to low 30's. 

Anniversary
  • 1.  do you participate in Cyber Monday?  I don't plan on it, but if I see anything for either of my sisters and can get a good dead, I just might.
    2.  do you participate in Black Friday or Grey Thursday? I did go to an outlet mall on Friday afternoon. It actually wasn't too busy, and I got a bunch of stuff for FI from JCrew for like $80, so it was totally worth it.
    3.  share a fun memory from last week's holiday! It was a pretty average holiday. I think the most fun I had was when FI and I went out with some of his HS friends.
    4.  do you have any leftovers?  favorite thing to do with leftovers?  No, thank god. I'm so over Thanksgiving food.
    5.  what's coming up for you in the next month?  So many fun things! Getting a Xmas tree this weekend, going to @Buddysmom80 's wedding NEXT WEEKEND, baking cookies to send to friends & family, and a birthday party for one of my best friend's the weekend before Xmas. Then CHRISTMAS.
    6.  how's the weather?  (just can't help it, I'm a Midwest kind of girl!)  - Not bad at all - mid 50's in NY.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 1.  do you participate in Cyber Monday?
    sometimes!  I did this year... I got my mom a set of pots and pans from BBB for a really good deal, and a sandbag work out thing for H, and some sweaters for my dad.

only one time, when we had just bought our hours and bought a fridge for 75% off (they were going out of business plus it was Black Friday).  great deal!

H and I hiked/climbed a small "mountain" (I think it's actually a hill since it's only 700 ft) and both beat our time at the Turkey Trot.  we had a lot of fun doing those things together.

oh, I have a funny story!!  we stayed in Ruidoso on Friday evening to do some shopping and "adult time".  we stayed at a little chalet, and there was a fireplace in the room!  it had a duraflame log in it, so we decided to light it and snuggle up and watch TV.  we lit it about 5:30 PM, after dinner.  about 12:30 AM I woke up because I could hardly breathe.  the fire was smoldering, and filling the room with smoke.  I am a little high-strung sometimes, so I started freaking out about the fire alarm and whipped the door open to air out the room.  H starts yelling at me because he was just in his underwear, so I yelled at him back to put on some dang pants.  the room was really filling up with smoke, so we decided to pour water on it.  I wanted to just chuck a big pitcher of water on it, but H poured it on slowly (good idea).  I had to refill the pitcher, so I turned on the faucet and heard a high pitch alarm sound.  THE FIRE ALARM.  so I'm in my jammies, about to evacuate, yelling at H to grab my purse and the computer, turn off the faucet... and it stopped.  I guess the faucet makes a high-pitched noise when it's not turned on all the way.

the fire went out and eventually an hour or two later it had cleared out enough that we could sleep.

no leftovers, since we were in NM.  I love leftovers so I'm planning on making our own mini Thanksgiving meal sometime.

this weekend, a Christmas show, Broadway-style.
    next week, my PMP exam!!!
    the next week, adult Christmas play and a ladies' group cookie swap.
    the NEXT week, children's Christmas play, church Christmas party, H's family comes in to town (*sigh*)
    the last week, Christmas!  a girls' Christmas party (different group), and getting ready to go to CA.

cold front came through yesterday, so we'll be lucky to hit freezing.  it's a big change from 60's and 70's in NM!
  • Morning everyone! 

Update from the snowstorm last week:  As I was leaving work on Wednesday, bf let me know to be careful because my tires were extremely bald... so much for all wheel drive.  The roads weren't bad until I got to my road, which is a giant, windy, hill that wasn't plowed at all.  As I was going around a bend my car started fishtailing and my back tire ended up going off the road.  When I tried to get out, the snow was so heavy my tire immediately sunk in, and then the front tire did the same.  My brother and sister had to come shovel me out.  The worst part of it all, the house I was stuck in front of had a giant tractor with a plow and the guy just watched the whole thing and then plowed snow from his driveway into the middle of the road which made it even more difficult to get past.

I cannot wait to not have to drive that road anymore! 

1.  do you participate in Cyber Monday? Yes, I usually do most of my shopping online, so I get a lot of shopping done on Cyber Monday.  Bf made me look for deals for a TV, so I think that's going to be our housewarming gift to ourselves. 
    2.  do you participate in Black Friday or Grey Thursday? I went shopping on Friday, but not until the afternoon.  I avoid the crazy crowds as much as possible. 
    3.  share a fun memory from last week's holiday! Since the snow was so bad on Wednesday, we woke up Thursday with no power.  Instead of driving to Albany like planned we went to my sister's house because she did have power.  She made a full thanksgiving meal, and for last minute it was amazing.  Nothing was missing.  
    4.  do you have any leftovers?  favorite thing to do with leftovers? I have had nothing but leftovers since Thursday.  We had friendsgiving (thanksgiving with friends) on Friday and Thanksgiving part 2 on Saturday.  There is soooo much turkey.  

I made a turkey and rice soup with the first batch of leftovers. I usually just eat leftovers as is, or make a turkey sandwich.  But the soup came out awesome. 
    5.  what's coming up for you in the next month? Finishing up remodeling the house and moving in!!!! 
    6.  how's the weather?  Cold, but warmer than it has been so all the snow is melting. 

Picture of snow on Friday.
  • edited December 2014

Tuesday & Wednesday I was in Atlantic City, with H's immediate family it was fun and we had a really nice suite. 

Thursday was Thanksgiving- we had a great time.  The cheesecake I made came out great.  It was such a good time and I got to use all of my new table linens and wedding china!!!

Friday I had to work from home for a half day, we didn't do much otherwise but be lazy.

Saturday- We ran some errands, and I saw Mockingjay.  I absolutely loved it.  It did make me sad RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman.  I can't wait for the second one. 

Sunday- I had the worst headache throughout the day yesterday.  It was god awful.  H was refinishing the stairs. I did some cooking and decorated the house for Xmas.  We also watched the season finale of The Walking Dead, it was so good but sad.  I'm not ready for Monday and an extremely busy week either.

1. do you participate in Cyber Monday? Not really
    2. do you participate in Black Friday or Grey Thursday? Not at all. I avoid any kind of shopping on these days
    3. share a fun memory from last week's holiday! Going to Atlantic City on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving with H's immediate family it was a good time.
    4. do you have any leftovers? favorite thing to do with leftovers? Yes I do have leftovers but no turkey
    5. what's coming up for you in the next month? Xmas carol opens in about 2 weeks and I haven't started any of my holiday shopping yet. 
    6. how's the weather? (just can't help it, I'm a Midwest kind of girl!) It's a bit warmer than normal today but I'll take it.

Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014

1.  do you participate in Cyber Monday? I might, I guess it depends on what kinds of sales I see. H and I are trying to buckle down and save so we can get our student loans paid off.
    2.  do you participate in Black Friday or Grey Thursday? Nope. I hate the crowds, the sales just aren't worth it to me on Friday and on Thanksgiving all I want to do is stay home with family and enjoy the day.
    3.  share a fun memory from last week's holiday! @southernpeach89 and I organized Thanksgiving this year. We had a lot of fun making our favorite dishes together and taking a lot of the stress of meal prep off of our mom.  
    4.  do you have any leftovers?  favorite thing to do with leftovers? Yes. I made turkey chili with our turkey leftovers and I made sweet potato pancakes out of our sweet potato casserole. Super delicious! This is the first time I've done anything special with leftovers, in the past we just reheated everything and ate as is.
    5.  what's coming up for you in the next month? Christmas!! We have a Christmas party this weekend, bookclub, H's company Christmas party, a Santa gift exchange, and then on the 19th we leave for Indiana to spend Christmas with H's family.
    6.  how's the weather? Beautiful! Yesterday it hit 70 degrees while I was out putting up Christmas lights and today it's supposed to be in the high 60s. Normal, warm, pleasant weather for us is predicted all week!

This weekend I put up Christmas décor inside and out. I still need to buy one more string of icicle lights for our front porch. I bought a couple strings last year when they were on sale for 50% off but clearly didn't guess correctly on how much I was going to need so I need to go back to the store today.

H and I had a date night last night and had a really really productive budget discussion. We looked at the numbers and think we can have both of my student loans paid off in the next 5 months and then we'll work on knocking out his. We aren't sure how long his will take, he owes WAY more money than I do but I think with some aggressive payments we will have his paid off in a year and a half. We also spent a lot of time talking about taxes (we're kind of sort of borderline on one of the tax brackets) and decided it wasn't worth trying to get us down a bracket just to be on the upper end of the next lower bracket (we'd probably only save about $4000 or $5000 in taxes plus everything would be dependent on our income now and not potential raises and bonuses we may see next year). So we decided to up my 401k contributions only to 10% for now while we focus on student loan payoff and then max out my 401k starting in 2016 and see what we can do about reducing our tax burden while also saving tons of money for retirement.

Guys, you have to tell me if I'm weird or not. Does anyone else like to eat or has eaten peanut butter and banana sandwiches? Apparently this is a completely foreign concept to H. I decided to make English muffins for breakfast this morning and added PB and a banana since it was getting overripe and he thought I was trying to prank him or something. When I was a kid I ate PB and banana sandwiches ALL the time for lunch and he's never even heard of it. So seriously, how weird am I? Am I really the only one who likes this food combo?

• @Speakeasy14 - I had an incident on Wednesday evening due to the snow too! On our drive upstate, the storm kept getting worse and worse. We were going no more than 30 miles an hour when I saw the car ahead of us start to fishtail. FI tapped the breaks and we immediately began to slide. He had zero control over the car and I was more scared than I have EVER been in my entire life. It was dark and the snow was coming down so hard that I could hardly see what was on either side of the road. We luckily didn't spin, but we drifted off onto the shoulder and towards a mile marker sign. FI kept the car as straight as possible, but we hit the sign with the passenger side mirror, clipping it right off. He regained control and we got back onto the road. I was a MESS. We still had at least 2 more hours of driving and I was so scared. Luckily, we got onto a bigger road shortly that was much more plowed, so we kept going and finally arrived at FI's parents house. We are NEVER making that drive in bad weather again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good Morning ladies,

1.  do you participate in Cyber Monday? Not usually but I am browsing to see if I can find any good sales, tight Xmas budget this year.
    2.  do you participate in Black Friday or Grey Thursday?- No, the sales seem enticing but the crowds and long lines are too much of a hassle.
    3.  share a fun memory from last week's holiday! Seeing my son looking super cute in his thanksgiving outfit then doing his signature spin in a circle dance to Salsa music.  
    4.  do you have any leftovers?  favorite thing to do with leftovers? I still have stuffing, mac and cheese and potato salad left. My favorite thing is to give them away, I am so tired of eating them already lol.
    5.  what's coming up for you in the next month? My mom's birthday is this Saturday so I am trying to plan something nice to celebrate. The following week is my bf's Mom's birthday and then its Xmas. I'm also planning a NYE party this year so I'm excited for that.
    6.  how's the weather?  (just can't help it, I'm a Midwest kind of girl!) Today the weather in NYC is actually very nice. It's like 60, unseasonably mild and I'm sure that's not going to last long.

• @LaPeanut1018 - love PB + banana + honey sandwiches...  especially if you grill them in a skillet with a bit of butter.  YUM!!!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    @cocobellaf - I have to ask. What on Earth do you have against capitalizing the first word at the beginning of sentences? Sheesh.

1.  Do you participate in Cyber Monday? 
    I don't necessarily make it a point to shop today. 

2.  Do you participate in Black Friday or Grey Thursday? 
    I started shopping a couple weeks ago and finished almost all of it on Friday. I also did all of my shopping online. 

3.  Share a fun memory from last week's holiday!
    My homemade pumpkin pie was divine. 

4.  Do you have any leftovers? Favorite thing to do with leftovers?
    Yes. Eat them.

5.  What's coming up for you in the next month?
    I'm going to the Dolphins/Jets game tonight. I have a bunch of Devils games throughout the month. I'll be looking at houses again. And I love Christmas. 

6.  How's the weather?  
    It's actually really mild today which is lovely.

• @speakeasy14 and @Hummingbird125 - YIKES I am glad you're both okay! What a disaster :(

@LaPeanut1018 - I'm allergic to peanuts, but I know many people who eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches. You're not weird!

My weekend was good. Friday night FI and I just relaxed and caught up on tv. Saturday my sister and I went and looked at BM dresses and found a few options. I'm about 99% sure I'll be throwing in some money for BM dresses; I don't want any of the girls to pay more than they're comfortable with, and finding long dresses in the colour I'm looking for AND a nice style is probably going to be over their budgets. But that's fine, I would rather make up the difference than have them in unflattering dresses. No one wins there. Saturday night FI and I went to the Leafs game, and they won (awesome). Yesterday was church, I took a long nap, and then helped FMIL pull out all of her Christmas stuff. There was glitter EVERYWHERE!

1.  do you participate in Cyber Monday? Not usually, but I may this year. Minted is having a 25% off sale on wedding invites, so I'm hoping to capitalize on that! And there are a couple Christmas gifts I might be able to order online.
    2.  do you participate in Black Friday or Grey Thursday? Nope. The crowds aren't as big or crazy here, but I still avoid it.
    3.  share a fun memory from last week's holiday! No holiday here :( But I was in Florida most of the week, so that was nice!
    4.  do you have any leftovers?  favorite thing to do with leftovers? Nope. Thanksgiving was last month here, so leftover are looooong gone! However when I DO have leftovers I like to make turkey pot pie with stuffing crust.
    5.  what's coming up for you in the next month? So much! Christmas Carol reading this weekend, office party next weekend, church Christmas music night next weekend, and then Christmas with friends and Jersey boys the week of Christmas. Plus actual Christmas! And hopefully looking for and buying a house.
    6.  how's the weather?  (just can't help it, I'm a Midwest kind of girl!) Meh, not awful today. It got up to 14 degrees (Celsius) yesterday, but we're down around 0 again today. Been sort of drab and overcast, but it might clear up later.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Swazzle - because I just don't.  it's the interwebz.

@lmcooper86 - how do you make a stuffing crust??  it sounds wonderful!!
  • 1.  do you participate in Cyber Monday? I don't think I will this year. I already did most of my shopping. I'll check to see if what I want to get my MoH/BFF is on sale (a Seahawks coffee table book would be ideal, but probably I'll end up getting her a Super Bowl program. I've heard there's too much Manning in it, but I think it matters less when the 'Hawks won.)
    2.  do you participate in Black Friday or Grey Thursday? Black Friday yes. Grey Thursday no. I went out to Barnes and Noble this year for opening, and that was civilized.
    3.  share a fun memory from last week's holiday! My parents' oven failed on Thanksgiving morning. Fortunately, the neighbors across the street were out of town and more than willing to let us use their oven.
    4.  do you have any leftovers?  favorite thing to do with leftovers? Leftover turkey goes in Tuscan Turkey Soup. Double everything except the salt and add 2 cups of diced carrots.
    5.  what's coming up for you in the next month? Final exam, final paper, final presentation - all for the same class. Not much otherwise.
    6.  how's the weather?  (just can't help it, I'm a Midwest kind of girl!) Goddamn freezing. It was -18*F when I got up this morning with a wind chill around -25. Wrong, wrong, wrong. It's supposed to warm up over the next several days, though.
  • Morning!

1.  Do you participate in Cyber Monday?
    Depends on what I'm looking for.  I just got M's tea maker that he's been drooling over for 2+ years for a great price.  Okay, not great, but I've been looking for a sale on it for 2 years and nothing.  So, I ordered it.  Thanks Amazon!  

2.  Do you participate in Black Friday or Grey Thursday?
    Black Friday, yes.  We were in SC this year, so I didn't get to do the shopping I normally do just because the variety doesn't exist.  Mom and I have a routine - after dinner, we go through the ads, figure out where we need to be at what time, and then determine if we need one car or two, and what time we're leaving.  This year I did end up getting everything I need to reupholster our couches, a couple fun things for M, and some ideas for mom, my brother, and M's family.  I am 100% against "grey Thursday" unless it's online.  People should be with their families, not working because crazy people want to shop. 

3.  Share a fun memory from last week's holiday!
    M and I left at 7PM on Wednesday to drive to SC.  As a result, we didn't get there until 3AM.  Even though I wasn't driving, he asked me to stay awake the whole way (any of you who have driven with me a long distance know that's fucking hard for me) so that he could stay awake.  We ended up having some really interesting conversations, and we were really candid with each other, something that's definitely been a more recent development.  We switched from streaming his google play account to my phone somewhere around Richmond, which left a lot of space for singing along to things together (we did the real duet version of "Bring Me to Life," hey middle school!) and him watching me do some insane dances (google "Cowboy und Indianer Dance").  Needless to say, there was a lot of laughing and insanity that only happens after 11PM.

4.  Do you have any leftovers?  Favorite thing to do with leftovers?
    Yep! Mom sent us home with cornbread stuffing, cranberry chutney, sweet potato souffle, gravy, pumpkin pie, and cheesecake.  We bought a ham last night and baked that so we have something from his family's traditions.  The best thing to do with leftovers is eat them.

5.  What's coming up for you in the next month?
    I have a conference to run tomorrow and Wednesday, then my normal conference starts Saturday-Tuesday.  After that, we have my birthday and our anniversary celebration Dec 12-14 (our anniversary is the 8th, my birthday's the 14th), which will include going out to dinner, getting our Christmas tree, decorating it and the condo, and probably a lot of sex.  The United-Liverpool game is also on the 14th, so United better have their shit together.  We have a bunch of parties on the 20th, and then we're going to his parents' for Christmas starting on the 24th and we'll probably stay until the 26th or 27th, depending on if we have to work the 26th.  Otherwise, I need to finish our tree skirt.  I started cutting my fabric yesterday, so I'm hoping when I take my day of recovery on the 11th, I can finish it up.

6.  How's the weather?  (just can't help it, I'm a Midwest kind of girl!)
    It was mid 50s when I got in this morning.  It's supposed to get up to 64 today.  Tomorrow, we're supposed to have snow.
    I french with my man
  • @peekaboo2011 - sounds like you had a fun trip!  I have trouble staying awake in the car, too (anything more than 20 minutes!) but I managed to stay awake the whole 11 hours with H.  it got a little silly, but oh well.

@KeptInStitches - I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT WEATHER.
  • 1.  do you participate in Cyber Monday? 
    I love cyber Monday. I got my little guy some jeans and some long sleeve shirts. Childrens Place has 50% off everything and free shipping
    No. Too stressful and I'm usually too full. 
    My little guy turned 2 on Saturday and had a blast at his birthday party!
    I didn't bring home any leftovers from my moms house. By the time I left Saturday I was already tired of thanksgiving food
    3 weeks until we get out for Christmas break. I cant wait!
    6.  how's the weather?  
    Its been beautiful! The high is supposed to be 72 today. I love GA weather. 
  • @LaPeanut1018 My little brother LOVES peanut butter and banana sandwhiches. I think its gross but its one of his favorites lol
  • Morning everybody!  I've been up since 4:30 trying to get grading done, and so I'm kind of dragging as I start to go into class.  I'm teaching about the Vietnam War this morning, so I'm trying to stay motivated!

Also, I killed 5 mice in my house this weekend.  I am declaring a war on the rodent population.

1.  do you participate in Cyber Monday?  If I was finding any super good deals today, I probably would, but actually I ended up doing a lot of online shopping right before/on/after Thanksgiving.  My Christmas shopping is finished though.  :-)

2.  do you participate in Black Friday or Grey Thursday?  Not usually, but this year I bought stuff from Modcloth at their "Beyond Black Friday" sale and from Victoria's Secret on Saturday...all online.  Online shopping is kryptonite.

3.  share a fun memory from last week's holiday!  My mom and I cooked our Thanksgiving dinner together.  And we named our turkey "Jim-Bob," because he was born in Oklahoma and slaughtered in Arkansas.  (We always name our turkey.  Last year he was St. Flavian, the year before that it was Leopold.)

4.  do you have any leftovers?  favorite thing to do with leftovers?  I had a few leftovers.  They were gone by Friday afternoon.  Favorite thing to do...eat them?

5.  what's coming up for you in the next month?  Oh gosh it's freaking insane.  This weekend I'm headed to Texas to do research on Friday/Saturday.  Then I'm back for 2 days to proctor final exams, then it's off on an 11-day research trip to Chicago and St. Paul.  My sister and grandparents live in St. Paul, and my sister got us tickets to Prairie Home Companion, so I'm SUPER excited about that.  Then immediately after Christmas my whole family is descending on my parents' house for family Christmas.  Plus my family throws a big holiday party every year that is super fun.  And I'm praying hard that somewhere in all that Mr. Historian gets a new job and can come HOME and be home for Christmas.  I cried on Thanksgiving because he wasn't there.  :-(

6.  how's the weather?  Stupidly cold and windy as heck.  I'm supposed to run this afternoon, so hopefully I can motivate myself to at least get a couple of miles in.
  • @futuremrshistorian - I really hope he finds something soon!  I'm still in contact with him (just this morning, actually) so we're working hard to find something.

I forgot to put what I like to do with leftovers!  I like to make a Thanksgiving hoagie (WW toasted hoagie roll with melted brie, cranberry sauce, stuffing, turkey) or a quesadilla (brie, cranberry sauce, turkey).  YUM.
  • @futuremrshistorian I HATE  mice! We always get at least one each winter and it completely freaks me out! I hope you've annilihated all of the ones in your house and that they dont bug you any more this winter. 
  • @Swazzle - because I just don't.  it's the interwebz.

@lmcooper86 - how do you make a stuffing crust??  it sounds wonderful!!
    But is there a reason for it? I suspect you learned proper capitalization since you do, in fact, take the time to capitalize the word "I" and proper nouns. Is it just to be annoying? I'm sure I'm not the first to mention this. 

• @Swazzle - basically.  glad it's working!
  • @Swazzle - basically.  glad it's working!
    I figured as much. That's not surprising in the least, considering.

• @CocoBellaF - Oh good!  I know he was planning on getting in touch with you today.  We're going to need to have a G2G sometime soon so I can buy you dinner.

@lifeisajourney - I've been dealing with spiders AND mice lately.  It's the worst.
  • justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    I do not. I'm not a huge fan of online shopping. 
    I participate in Black Friday in a very casual way. I don't go out at a crazy hour of the day or fight crowds. I usually go in the afternoon just to see what is out there. However, I used to go out late at night/early in the morning when my oldest sister had young kids. She always needed someone to help her scout out specific toys. I loathe grey thursday. I hate the idea. 
    I had a really great holiday. My oldest sister hosted her first thanksgiving at her house, and she did an amazing job! Also, we had her kids for two days at my parents house, so it was really fun to have them over and spend some quality time with them. Also, I went to my cousin-in-law's baby shower. It was a lot of fun, actually. I usually hate the dumb games, but I had a good time! 
    Yes! I have a lot of mashed potatoes and turkey to eat. My favorite thing to do with leftovers is eat them...right away. haha. I am a poor college kid. Food just doesn't last long in my apartment. I eat it exactly as it was originally prepared. I am not a good enough cook to change it into something else. hah
    This next month I am preparing for finals. It is the calm before the storm right now, but I am bracing myself for the craziness. I dread these last few weeks of classes, but I am happy that I am distracted. It is SO and my 7th anniversary in a few weeks, and I am so excited! I know it is going to be a very special anniversary because it will be our last anniversary with very little real responsibilities. Next anniversary, we will be graduating college and looking for jobs. This next year is going to be very busy and life changing. For this anniversary...we just get to be us - young and in love. (Side Note: I have very little reason to suspect a proposal this winter, but the engagement ring commercials this time of year bring out a little craziness in me. haha. Does this happen to anyone else?)
    The weather isn't too bad actually. We did have an ice storm a few days ago though. That was no fun. I had to drive home in it, and I was going about 25 mph.

@futuremrshistorian , you are a brave woman. I hate mice. My parent's house is quite old and edges on the country, so we always get mice in the fall. When I lived at home my room was in the basement. You can probably guess why I hated that room. 

@keptinstiches , the weather by you sounds absolutely miserable. Considering I have to walk to campus 25 minutes, I REALLY hope we don't have a lot of that nasty weather this year. Last year was pretty brutal.  
  • @CocoBellaF - Press the stuffing into the bottom of a greased baking dish, pour your filling in, and top with whatever pastry or biscuit you'd normally use (I'm usually lazy and use bisquick). I suppose you could put your normal filling on the bottom and top it with stuffing, although I would be worried about the stuffing burning; maybe cover it with foil if you do it that way. If there's homemade stuffing I use that, otherwise I'll make a box of chicken or turkey stuffing. Easy, delicious, and far too many calories.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @cocobellaf, we're getting southerly winds tonight. It's supposed to warm up about 20-30* this week - oh please oh please oh please. This is February cold, not December cold.
  • @lmcooper86 - sounds like waaaaay too many calories, but too delicious to pass up!! 
  • My long weekend could have been SOOOOO much better if I didn't end up with food poisoning Saturday night. Took me completely out of commision yesterday as well, and I was super excited to go to a local auction. They had all kinds of antique instruments for sale! Oh well. I weigh 4 pounds less today than before thanksgiving, but I'm guessing it's dehydratinon.

@LaPeanut1018 - Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are definitely a thing. Even more so for me if you put honey on them as well. Sometimes I take a banana, slice down the center, and then fill it with peanut butter and drizzle honey on top. Then just eat it like a regular banana.

@CocoBellaF - I would have FREAKED OUT in that smoke situation! That's a pretty hilarious story to have in your arsenal.

Sometimes. I got a GoPro for cheap(er) last year and I think I'll take advantage of Zazzle.com's 65% off wrapped canvas today. Those are both for me though.
    My parents' town is small, and the only store with deals is WalMart. The good thing about that is you can walk around and shop before the "opening" time, and then just get in line to check out at 6 pm or whatever. Way nicer than standing outside in the cold. But even 2$ DVDs didn't entice me this year.
    We played SO MANY games. I taught them my favorite board game, Power Grid. Then we played Scattergories and Fact or Crap. My parents also taught us a card game called Tripoly, which was pretty fun. Extra fun after drinking our way through 3 jars of moonshine.
    I have no leftovers. I didn't end up doing any cooking since I had to make the long drive Thursday morning. But my dad made turkey soup from the bones, and I made cold turkey sandwiches with miracle whip on the dinner rolls.
    My parents are visiting this weekend to deliver presents to my sister that lives nearby. I have to figure out something fun to do with them. The following weekend my little sister will be in town, visiting from Seattle, for her birthday. I'm REALLY hoping for karaoke. Other than that, it's just going to be frustrating at work because I can't schedule meetings with everyone gone all the time.
    6.  how's the weather?
    The weather today is beautiful! Suuuuuper cold for this area, but I'm not complaining, because it's December!

• I was pretty lazy this Thanksgiving break about Christmas gift shopping. I need to get on it!

Negative
    Negative
    I think making Thanksgiving dinner with @LaPeanut1018 and my mom. Also, I love decorating so decorating my house and making my wreath was fun.
    Yes, but I ate them all lol. Eating them is my favorite thing!
    We are getting our tree and putting up lights next weekend and we have Christmas parties GALORE!
    It's actually pretty nice here today. I think it's supposed to be in the low 60s for most of the week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards