Chit Chat

Since I love Nail Polish,...

124»

Re: Since I love Nail Polish,...

• GUYS, I totally forgot about my favorite DIY nail polish! (I rarely do my own nails because I have the fine motor skills of a small child and the patience of a WAIT WHAT'S THAT OVER THERE?)

Hands down, the easiest, prettiest manicures I give myself come from the Wet 'n Wild quick dry collection. They have like 10 colors max, but the basics are in there. The beauty is in their brush, which sort of expands as you swipe and is just the right size to cover your nail without going over onto your skin. I can get the whole nail in one swoop, which is a huge problem-solver for me since the tiny motions of going back and painting corners/edges is where I fail. And the quick dry is a miracle--like seriously it dries in a minute or 2. Love that shit.

ETA the actual number of colors. 
    YES. I love this stuff, too. 
  • IMathlete said:
    I have been searching for a cool gray that's not too dark. Think the color grey that really popular in chevron patterns now. Alas, everything I find is either too dark, to brown, or too metallic.

I wear Essie Mint Candy Apple on my toes basically year-round. LOVE.
    Try Essie Chincilla or Mink Mittens for a grey!
    Sinful Colors Cool Grey is actually a great middle of the road grey cream that isn't greeny or browny.
    Same with American Apparel Echo Park.
    China Glaze Pelican Grey is good, but it has a tiiiiny touch of shimmer (almost unnoticeable in regular light though).
    Essie Cocktail Bling.  Same thing.  Light, cream, no shimmer, no tinge of other colors.
    OPI French Quarter For Your Thoughts, but it does lean a tiny bit brown.
    Sephora X Extraordinary, perfect plain light grey cream.

If you can't tell, I am a grey connoisseur.
  • jenna8984 said:
    I painted my nails myself on the morning of my wedding (teal). That was the only time in 10 years. Aparently I'm the only one who hates nail polish and manicures hahah
    I rarely wear nail polish. I find it chips too fast doing lab work and with constant, proper lab hand washing. When I do paint my nails I use Essie Mademoiselle. 

Anniversary
  • I seem to remember reading somewhere that it's considered bad forum etiquette to resurrect a thread but god, this thread deserves to be resurrected!
    Anyway, I was given the Victoria Beckham for Nails Inc polishes as a give for Christmas and they are amazing. The red is this awesome tomato red that I adore. Not sure if I could commit to wearing a single shade forever though.
    I enjoyed reading through this thread and googled every single polish mentioned here :-)
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I used to have a bottle of OPI My Private Jet. IDK what happened to it but it's so cool looking. Kind of a pain since it looks best on top of black, which is hell to get off.

• FiancB said:

I used to have a bottle of OPI My Private Jet. IDK what happened to it but it's so cool looking. Kind of a pain since it looks best on top of black, which is hell to get off.

You had the original?  That goes for a lot of money on ebay now.  There are about 4 different versions.

If you're looking for a black holographic nail polish, Color Club Beyond is my fave.  I'm wearing a pink from the same collection now

• Here is my current manicure!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

FiancB said:

You had the original?  That goes for a lot of money on ebay now.  There are about 4 different versions.

If you're looking for a black holographic nail polish, Color Club Beyond is my fave.  I'm wearing a pink from the same collection now
    It had been discontinued and I bought it online, so I'm not sure. It wasn't much more than any other bottle of OPI but this was also a few years ago at this point. Thanks for the rec!

I actually got my nails done yesterday, finally to celebrate the end of the semester since I'm not allowed to have nail polish at clinical or lab. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards