Attire & Accessories Forum

Glasses - will you be wearing yours on your wedding day?

2»

Re: Glasses - will you be wearing yours on your wedding day?

• For all you ladies out there who are like me and don't have perfect vision: If you regularly wear eyeglasses, will you wear them on your wedding day? If you will then have you considered getting a special pair just for the wedding?

I have worn glasses since I was a teenager, and I'm really used to them. I wore contacts briefly many years ago but I stopped wearing them out of convenience. I could get some contact lenses especially for this occasion, but I'll need to start wearing them intermittently beforehand to get my eyes used to them. But I have a fear that my eyes will become irritated and then I'll be red-eyed with smeared makeup from rubbing my eyes all night long. Going without any type of corrective lenses is not an option for me, unless I want to end up flat on my face halfway down the aisle! I'm also considering shopping for a new set of frames before the wedding. If anyone has links to photos of brides rockin' frames then I'd love to see them! My current glasses are thick-framed tortoiseshell, a little funky, a little hipster.

For context, I've attached photos of my frames and my dress. I'm planning to wear my hair up, with a pretty lace & bead comb, no veil.

Saw this article today and it reminded me of this post...these ladies (and grooms!) are stunning with their glasses

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelwmiller/beautiful-brides-in-glasses
  • I haven't decided. My fiance and I both wear glasses and we have transition lenses. So for our engagement pictures we took them off because she said they would turn dark the whole time.We didn't look like ourselves at all. I worry about not wearing them on my wedding day because I won't be able to see.I have an eye appointment next month, so I'm thinking about contacts or just getting some to wear on that day.
    I'm not sure what my fiance wants to do yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards