Sephora

2»

Re: Sephora

• Options
    ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    arrippa said:
    I just remembered one more, I love my Glamglow face mask. I use it once a week and you can really tell when I miss a week. It brightens and evens out my crappy skin.

SIB.
    I love my Glamglow so much. Best masks I've ever used. Ever. Nothing else comes close. 
    Hate the price, but not as much as I love the mask. 

I got a sample of this with a recent Sephora purchase and have been wanting to use it. I've heard it's good for dry skin, but my skin is super oily so I've been apprehensive. I'm curious, what kind of skin do you have/do you think it'd work for oily people?

SIB)

It is God's gift to oily skin. The Glamglow Supermud. They have a moisturizing one out, and another Powermud cleanser/mask, but the Supermud in the white jar is the best thing that ever happened to my face.
    (I am oily. Even at 50 something, which is a frikking vile joke of the universe. Once you're old enough for wrinkling, you should be too old to break out. But nope. Still dealing with that crap.)
  • Options
    What products do you use to clear blackheads and minimize pores?

I still haven't found a product I like and that works, but I haven't tried any higher end products yet. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options

I still haven't found a product I like and that works, but I haven't tried any higher end products yet. . .
    I got this in last month's Birch Box - I've only used it once and don't have a big problem with blackheads, but it did feel nice and make the large pores on my nose appear smaller. 

• Options

I use a charcoal cleanser, moisturize and use tea tree oil daily.  The Glamglow Supermud and coconut oil are once a week face treatments that keep oil and pores under control.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    arrippa said:

I use a charcoal cleanser, moisturize and use tea tree oil daily.  The Glamglow Supermud and coconut oil are once a week face treatments that keep oil and pores under control.
    OOH yes, I also have this (BB again) and love it. I just mix a little sprinkle into my CeraVe cleanser.

I'm a facial products whore; no real product loyalty.

• Options
    I actually prefer Ulta now because they give you dollars off the more you spend. Although I still go into Sephora for Kat von D's makeup collection because her stuff is honestly the best I've used, ever. Her liquid lipsticks, eyeliner, and eyeshadows are all heavenly. I highly recommend looking at her stuff.

I also like Urban Decays Naked Basics palette, Clinique skin products, First Aid Beauty, and Buxom Beauty lip products.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I got this in last month's Birch Box - I've only used it once and don't have a big problem with blackheads, but it did feel nice and make the large pores on my nose appear smaller. 
    Ooooh I have been wanting to try that one, lolo!

arrippa said:

I was using  a Garnier cleanser that has charcoal in it, but it seemed to make one of my rosacea complications worse.  I'll try the one you use and Lolo linked.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    @PrettyGirlLost‌ Have you tried Queen Helene's mint julep mask? I too have rosacea amd horribly sensitive skin yet it helps with my skin out a lot, surprisingly. Also, the Clinique Redness Relief line is great too.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    My things that I only get at Sephora:

Tokyomilk Dark "Bulletproof" perfume
    Bare Minerals Buxom plumping glosses
    Fresh Sugar lip treatments - regular and Plum -- I bought honey last time but I really don't like it that much
    Fresh Sugar Lemon perfume

My other things that I used to get at Sephora but started getting at Ulta 'cause I like their rewards better: 
    Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, Electric palette, and various other eyeshadows
    Stila one step correct
    Smashbox Always Sharp waterproof eyeliner
    Nyx lipsticks (specifically Alabama)
    Philosophy body washes
    Benefit They're Real mascara
    Bare Minerals eyeshadows
    Anastasia tinted brow gel

Next purchase: Stila Stay All Day lipstick in Beso for the wedding. :)

• Options
    Most of my makeup comes from drugstores or Walmart type places. But I splurge on brushes. I love the MAC brushes but the Sephora ones are just as nice.

I also treated myself to the Naked Basics palette and it is perfect because I only use matte neutrals o nmy eyes most days.

• Options
    hellohkb said:
    @PrettyGirlLost‌ Have you tried Queen Helene's mint julep mask? I too have rosacea amd horribly sensitive skin yet it helps with my skin out a lot, surprisingly. Also, the Clinique Redness Relief line is great too.
    No, not yet!

I have been using that Clinique line for a while now, very good!

I want to try Mirvaso, but I have been waiting for more data to be collected before I try it- some patients experienced a severe rebound flare up of their condition once they stopped using Mirvaso, which would not be preferable!  It's also not covered by insurance, so before I spent $80+ on a medication that has the chance of making my symptoms worse, I want  it to be on the market for a bit longer.

• Options

I try to stock up during their friends and family sales:

Benefit mascara

Becca highlighter

Sephora brand bronzer

Naked basics

Stila eyeliner

Buxom lip products and Dior lip glow

Marc Jacobs and Dior nail polish

I also really like Philosophy lotion, body scrub and shower gel. 

• Options
    Daughter and I always give each other makeup gift collections at Christmas, because there are so many great deals. Last night I bought her the Smashbox master class palette. It looks like serious fun. She'll love that, because the cool contouring colors. She used to work for Mac, so she has a bajillion brushes. We always look very glam for Christmas dinner. 
    I hope I get the Nars eye palette. 
    A couple times, we've given each other the identical thing. That may happen. 
  • Options
    @alexisA01 Make sure you're signed up for the Beauty Insider program.  Plus they do have sales a couple times a year, I tend to stock up then.  Also, depending on where you're located, there are Beauty trade shows.  for example, in NYC there is both IMATS and The Makeup Show,  you buy a ticket and then they have massive discounts at the booths (same as pro programs usually.)  If you're buying a lot, it's worth it.
    I am. I found out I had a 300 points because my sister was using my card. I buy foundation maybe once a year or so. I frequent for lipstick!

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards