Chit Chat

Words of wisdom over on The Nest!

124»

Re: Words of wisdom over on The Nest!

• My H got piss ass drunk at our wedding and proceeded to vomit on the hotel room floor. Guess I should have ripped up our marriage license right then and there.
    Run, girl! That man is NO GOOD. 
  • drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014

Yowsa, good thing they don't see how much I drink.  Most of my stories from my time in the Peace Corps end with the words :"because it seemed like a good idea at the time".  Oh wait, most of mystories from the last few years end with that as well...and last month...and last week...

I need a drink.

• Last year we were hanging out at the house with our friends and drinking, and we ran out of snack food, so we walked down to the store.  He ran through the supermarket doing "the crab" (If you could only see it....he only does it when he's super drunk), and he ran into a display, knocking the whole thing over.  Clearly I should I left him right there.  

• I can only imagine what she'd say if I told her about the incident where H drank way too much, got butthurt about a joke I made and got inappropriately gropey with me in retaliation in front of all of our friends and several strangers. Maybe not a big deal to some, but it was humiliating for me, and made several people uncomfortable. I was upset, sure, and let him have it the next morning when he had sobered up, but I was hardly traumatized by the experience, just pissed. He knew he'd done wrong and was extremely contrite the rest of the weekend. He knows next time I'm going to clock him and he agrees he would deserve it. He's never done it before, I doubt he will again. Normally he's goofy when drunk. 

The woman's H was a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling, but if that's not how he normally is when he's drunk, and he's definitely not that way sober, get pissed, tear him a new one, and inform him that is never to happen again if he wants to keep his tender bits. I can understand being rattled for awhile about it, it was undoubtedly an frightening experience. But being upset for an appropriate amount of time over a disconcerting incident is not PTSD!

Also, I have never, not once, been drunk, and even I have had more than 3 drinks in a day. Call Betty Ford, I clearly have a problem!
  • I can only imagine what she'd say if I told her about the incident where H drank way too much, got butthurt about a joke I made and got inappropriately gropey with me in retaliation in front of all of our friends and several strangers. Maybe not a big deal to some, but it was humiliating for me, and made several people uncomfortable. I was upset, sure, and let him have it the next morning when he had sobered up, but I was hardly traumatized by the experience, just pissed. He knew he'd done wrong and was extremely contrite the rest of the weekend. He knows next time I'm going to clock him and he agrees he would deserve it. He's never done it before, I doubt he will again. Normally he's goofy when drunk. 

The woman's H was a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling, but if that's not how he normally is when he's drunk, and he's definitely not that way sober, get pissed, tear him a new one, and inform him that is never to happen again if he wants to keep his tender bits. I can understand being rattled for awhile about it, it was undoubtedly an frightening experience. But being upset for an appropriate amount of time over a disconcerting incident is not PTSD!

Also, I have never, not once, been drunk, and even I have had more than 3 drinks in a day. Call Betty Ford, I clearly have a problem!
    I'm usually the one getting drunk and inappropriately groping FI haha
    Anniversary

• Once I poured a class of alcohol too full and left it somewhere where my rabbit could have access to it and he almost took a drink.  I must first be an alcoholic and second be an animal abuser because WHO GIVES ALCOHOL TO UNDERAGE RABBITS?  My husband should leave me . . .
    The OP in the previous thread should go to counseling, not just to get over what her husband said but to get herself straight.  Yeah, I've been in that place where someone is not quite themselves and they say horrible stuff and make you feel absolutely miserable, but you don't just up and quit the relationship.  You at least try to work through it first, and maybe find out that there are things you are doing wrong . . . like making light of PTSD. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards