12346»

Re: Someone On My Side?

• Options
    @FiancB Don't forget the neckbeard.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    FiancB said:
    Plot twist: Everhart is actually a hairy, smelly, sweaty dude in a fedora that deals roofies out of his mom's basement. 

At least that's what I've had pictured in my head through this whole thread. 
    I had been googling MRAs to respond to her with, but it wasn't worth it so I never followed through.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    phira said:
    @FiancB Don't forget the neckbeard.
  • Options
    I have had something similar happen to me, and I was only on my second drink when it happened (and was not on any medications at the time), so I know/feel that there was foul play.  Thankfully, nothing happened and my friend got my home safely.  She said I was acting really weird; too weird to have just been from my two drinks. 

It's not safe out there.  I'm so sorry this happened to you. 

And for people who post crap about blaming the victim, let it be known that I am an extremely diligent person when it comes to keeping my drink close.  I honestly have no idea how it happened.  I am just naturally watching out for this type of thing because I worked in a bar for about 10 years, and I know how shady people can really be. 
  • Options
    @larrygaga, holy schmoly. Used to lurk on the Nice Guys subreddit. This takes me back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @larrygaga, holy schmoly. Used to lurk on the Nice Guys subreddit. This takes me back.
    I lurk there now for the laughs. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I like that the "intellectual" spelled "Neanderthal" wrong. Being an asshole is not a requirement of being an atheist.

While it's a shame hats have been co-opted by douchebags, it does make them easier to spot.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I guess you all are the experts at what goes on in bars, not me, despite my nearly 20 years in the business. 

You all are right. People should go through life however they choose then stand back and let victimization wash all over them instead of trying their hardest to avoid fucked up situations as best as possible. Sure.

Meanwhile, I'll be trying to decide how best to deal with the likes of many of you. Because I'm often the one dealing with drunken, unruly young women, attempting to do the right thing after they've been abandoned in the bar by their "friends." Hmm, girl can't tell me her name or where she lives, should I put her in a cab? Hmm, maybe call detox so she can wake up scared, hung over, alone in a strange place with a big ass bill to pay? Do I let her wander off in to the cold, dark night likes she's drunkenly reminded me repeatedly is her right? Do I let the strange guy take her home, since he's truly "only trying to help." Because this is reality. In every town and city, most weekends of the year. It might not be y'all's reality but I invite you to go to the club and not drink. Just watch. Learn. It'll make your head spin.

When you've pulled enough vomit covered chicks out of the bathroom after last call, waited for detox to show up, dealt with the police enough times in date rape cases, assaults and batteries, thefts, brawls, etc., come tell me that people should be able to behave however they'd like with alcohol, consequence free.

Good luck with it. You'll fucking need it.

I AM the police who deals with the date rape cases, assaults and batteries, thefts, brawls, etc.  We are not disputing the fact that many people don't take care of themselves they way they should when they're drinking.  WE ARE disputing the tone of your posts when you make it sound like the OP should've just known better and protected herself more. 

I get it.  It sucks dealing with the same things over and over, every single night.  Lordy lordy, do I get it.  But if you can't muster up a bit of compassion, maybe it's time to find a job that actually lets you have a soul.

Officer Composer, THANK YOU!!!!!!

I can't love this post enough.  Bless you.

And as soon as I read the first line I pictured this, lol

Aww, *blush*.  Thanks PGL!

I had to try really hard not type "I AM the mother-fucking PO-lice..."

Oops, just failed :)

YEEEEEEES!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPp4qb-phrA

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    edited June 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards