Chit Chat
Options

How was everyone's weekend?

2»

Re: How was everyone's weekend?

• Options
    I should add a picture of this table...
    I am a hot cocoa fiend.  And I want a seat at that table!  I'd park my ass there all day!

• Options
    My weekend was busy. Friday night DH and I both had our work Christmas parties. Many heads were hung in shame this morning at work.

Saturday H and I were out in town picking up our wedding photos and getting lunch.

Sunday we were at our nieces 3rd birthday party. Tonight we are being sofa sloths and watching a movie.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It was pretty good, today feels like more of a weekend to me though because I had work on Saturday and Sunday but today my boss is sick so she had to reschedule the event we had today.  

I'm having a conundrum because the didgeridoo I ordered for FI arrived today, and I haven't been able to hear how it sounds, but I am really bad at playing the didgeridoo so I'm going nuts trying to learn so I can hear how it sounds when played by a competent person, because all I can do with this is make fart noises :P  

I need to make a decision soon, because my plan was to order it from amazon so I could return it easily if it sounded bad, and before I give it to FI I want to paint designs on it (Purposely bought a didgeridoo with no markings for this reason) so I can't return it AFTER I give it to FI because it will no longer be in its original condition.  
  • Options
    Honestly, great weekend. Ate a lot of cookies, smoked a lot of greenage, listened to Handel's Messiah THREE TIMES in a row because I'm the queen and it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks, and actually got a major dresser finished. 
    ( AW AW AW alert! I love the graphics in this ad SOOO much. That is an excellent E. And a more excellent C. I've been waiting to use this ad for a while. Now I need a quick sale, because I want to splurge on a really good wine for Christmas. Fingers are crossed!)
  • Options
    cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    @ohannabelle that dresser is absolutely gorgeous. If I wasn't on the opposite coast, I would LOVE to have that for my bedroom.
  • Options
    We had a super good productive weekend. Friday night FI and I went to my fancy work Christmas Party. The food was really good. Saturday we went to the fire department Christmas Party. The apps were awesome, dinner not really so much. We talked to the mayor who had offered to officiate our ceremony after we got engaged last year and confirmed that we are still on with that plan. We're going to send him a STD with a note that we are looking forward to having him officiate the ceremony. This has been giving me anxiety for MONTHS so I'm glad we had a quick chat that he would be there for us so we are good.

Sunday we randomly went to Joseph A Bank to get FI a suit. Friday night we found out he landed an interview for a new job for Monday (he is there right now!). Since he doesn't have a suit that fits we decided that whatever we got would be his wedding suit and he could wear it for this interview. The employees said they might not have anything that would work for the next day since everyone needs to get their jackets tailored to them. FI slips on the jacket and they are stunned that it fit like perfect. The pants are a little long but we used that hemming tape so they were good enough for now. After finding magically awesome fitting suit, we found out that the suit was on magically awesome sale, score! We later played the lotto because crap like that doesn't happen every day. He bought two scratch offs and won quick picks for last nights drawings. I have to double check them but I don't think we won.

Over all, success for the weekend.
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It was pretty good, today feels like more of a weekend to me though because I had work on Saturday and Sunday but today my boss is sick so she had to reschedule the event we had today.  

I'm having a conundrum because the didgeridoo I ordered for FI arrived today, and I haven't been able to hear how it sounds, but I am really bad at playing the didgeridoo so I'm going nuts trying to learn so I can hear how it sounds when played by a competent person, because all I can do with this is make fart noises :P  

I need to make a decision soon, because my plan was to order it from amazon so I could return it easily if it sounded bad, and before I give it to FI I want to paint designs on it (Purposely bought a didgeridoo with no markings for this reason) so I can't return it AFTER I give it to FI because it will no longer be in its original condition.  
    That's the most interesting problem I've heard lately.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Just made plans to go on a double date with one of my besties and her husband on Thursday (and their kids) for pho. This is beyond exciting! Mmmm Vietnamese coffee...

@ohannabelle‌ I WANT THAT.

• Options

I've been working nights all weekend, so technically mine doesn't start until Wednesday.  But I got to laze around with J on Saturday and Sunday before work, so that was nice.  We're currently marathon-ing Community, since I haven't seen any of it.  J's favourite Christmas episode is the one from season 3, so we're working towards that.

I finished a painting that my mom apparently unwittingly commissioned - it's a duplicate of one I did for us, and she asked for it for Dad, in colours to match their bedroom.  I sent her a picture of it while I was working on it, and she replied "oh that's so pretty!  Who is it for?!"  It's a good thing she's cute.

We're also finally finishing up our thank you cards - J texted me tonight to ask if he could just write "THANK YOU FOR THE CASH" in big block letters, since he's apparently running out of ideas.

@larrygaga, your second link is what we wore for my sister's wedding, in champagne.  Really pretty dress :)

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    @flutteringinftmyers I love that your pup smiled for the pic, so cute!!

Friday, I worked a 12 and then joined FI at his apt to pass out.  Saturday, I finished and turned in my final paper for the semester so now I have about two and a half weeks to work on wedding stuff instead of school.  Yay!

Sunday, we did engagement photos!  I got my makeup done at Sephora (thanks for the tip @LaPeanut1018 !).  We did our photos at the aquarium at our zoo.  Unfortunately, the zoo decided to offer a free admission day so it was packed!  Working around people to get photos was interesting.  Then we took a few shots at the bar where we got engaged and then headed to a park that the city covers in Christmas lights to wrap up.

I'm nervous to see how the pics turn out.  She showed us one that she took of us posing with one of the zoo's sloths in the background and my first thought was "Ugh, I look like a beached whale."  I put most of the 40 lbs I lost back on in the last year due to my crazy schedule and I'm not happy about it.  So I knew this could be an issue for me with pics, but we needed to get them done.  I hope there will be some that I'm comfortable with.

Monday, FI took the day off work because he is a huge Hobbit/Lord of the Rings nerd and a local theater was doing a marathon including the new movie.  So I spent 10 hours with him and a bunch of other nerds watching Hobbit movies.  Because I am an awesome FI.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards