Oregon
Options

Dressmaker/ Seamstress

ashyc04ashyc04 member
First Comment

Can anyone recommend a good dressmaker/seamstress in the greater Portland area? (I'll go as far south as Eugene or as far North as Vancouver)
I've found my dream Jim Hjelm gown, but it's way out of my price range. I was hoping to find someone who could make me a gown that looks like the one I've found.
Any suggestions are VERY appreciated :)
Thanks!

Re: Dressmaker/ Seamstress

• Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathi Agen is our go-to around here.  I have no idea if she does custom work though.  Mostly I hear of her doing alterations, though some of the alterations she does are extensive and essentially make it a custom gown.  Wouldn't hurt to contact her.  You definitely want to email and then follow up if you don't hear back -  this is her busy time so she can be hard to reach, but if she's able to do it it's totally worth it.

www.bridal101.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cocoon Silk will make any dress from pictures you bring in. They are making me a dress I love at David's Bridal for way cheaper than the store. I haven't seen it yet, but they seem like they know what they are doing. 

908 Northwest 23rd AvenuePortland, OR 97210 (503) 248-6890
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_dressmaker-seamstress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:bdc804c2-0cd9-4e8a-a446-e88c2f6750e8Post:b6d052b3-cc94-4eb9-a384-f695878c4458">Re: Dressmaker/ Seamstress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cocoon Silk will make any dress from pictures you bring in. They are making me a dress I love at David's Bridal for way cheaper than the store. I haven't seen it yet, but they seem like they know what they are doing.  908 Northwest 23rd Avenue Portland, OR 97210 (503) 248-6890
    Posted by Portland09102011[/QUOTE]

<div>I'll second the Cocoon Silk recommendation. They made my dress and it's wonderful.</div>
    Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I would just like to correct something real quick. 908 NW 23rd is their old locations. They're at 602 NW 23rd, now. They just shifted south a bit.

The number is (503) 241 4905

They aren't the easiest place too google, what with old locations and multiple locations popping up.
    Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KasuppleKasupple member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Urchin Re.Design off NE Alberta is great.  Sonia made an amazing dress for me, and the best part is that it's not cookie cutter, and I feel like ME in it!

Check her out:

• Options
    MissMyahMissMyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much was your dress from Urchin? There is no pricing on the website, which worries me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards