Not Engaged Yet
Options

Irrational Irritations, UOs, Confessions, etc.

Confession - I ate a Twix bar for breakfast.

II - Proper titles. I feel like before TK I had confidence in the correct way to address people and now whenever I write out an envelope or something I stop and wonder if I'm doing it the "right" way. Why does it really matter? I'm pretty sure the only person who cares is H's great-grandmother.

UO - I hate iEverything.

II - I think this is something @Swazzle usually says, but I get so irritated with super duper long responses on threads sometimes. I lose interest after the first two or three paragraphs and just skip or skim the entire thing after a certain point. Guys, I really just love Cliff Notes versions. Ok? Ok.

Confession - I really like Serial but I've still only listened to the first two episodes.

Confession - I want to spend Christmas with my mom and dad. I'm really childishly sad that we're spending it with H's family this year. I'm excited to see his family and especially his niece and nephew, but I'm bummed I'm not spending the day with my parents.

Re: Irrational Irritations, UOs, Confessions, etc.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    RATIONAL Irritation: When someone brings a kid to a non-kids movie. FI and I went to see Wild last night, and during previews, I heard a little kid whining (sounded about 4-6 years old). The kid didn't bother anyone during the film (thank god), but seriously - WTF? That was NOT a kid's movie! There was drug use, sex, cursing, and dying. Go to a child-friendly movie or get a freaking babysitter.

Confession: I ate a ton of buttered movie theater popcorn last night and a huge kit kat bar. I feel guilty today. However I blame the theater because I planned on getting a box of whoppers and they didn't have any, so that screwed up my plan.

Confession - @LaPeanut1018 - I don't think that's childish AT ALL. We've spent the past 3 Thanksgivings with FI's family, but have always done Christmas with mine because his family doesn't have a big get-together for it. I always offer to go up to his parent's house every year, but so far he hasn't really wanted to. I'd be incredibly sad if we couldn't spend Xmas with my family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    II- When people don't put their buggies back where they go!! I get so excited to find an open parking spot and all of a sudden there is a buggy sitting in the middle of it. It makes me so irritated.

Confession- I'm a bit sad right now and I shouldn't be really sad about this but it's difficult. So I had two positive pregnancy tests this week and I got soooo excited. They were pretty faint so I wanted to test again to see if the line got darker and it did. Then yesterday I started bleeding really heavy and I called my doctor about it. She had me take a blood test to confirm that I had a chemical pregnancy. I know it was only a day of extreme happiness and excitement but I feel so down. I got all excited about telling DH and then to start bleeding. It makes me so sad that we were so close. Sorry for the Debby Downer post. My hormone levels are going back to normal and I'm just going to have a normal early period right now.

Confession- I've been binge eating Christmas cookies all week. No shame.

ETA: Sorry for such an emotional post. I just had to get it off my chest.
  • Options
    Confession - I also hate having to share holidays. It's not even really sharing for us because his family doesn't do anything for Thanksgiving and they don't do a big get together for Christmas either but the past few years we had to make multiple stops for his side which is a pain. This year, since BIL/SIL had a baby, they're requesting everyone come to their house so *hopefully* we'll only have to make one stop before going to see my whole family in DE. 

UO? II? - I HATE WRAPPING GIFTS!

That's all I got for now!

• Options
    @southernpeach89 - I'm sorry.  :(  I hope the next time it's a BEHBEH in there!!!  and I think you have every right to be sad about it and eat more Christmas cookies if you want.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - I'm so sorry :( That has to be such an emotional rollercoaster. Don't ever apologize for sharing with us, that's what we're here for. Sending huge hugs your way. 

• Options
    @southernpeach89 - I'm sorry, that just sucks. I hate getting all excited for something and then having it not happen, and that is something pretty major. Enjoy all the cookies you want this week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 I'm so sorry baby sister!!! You know I'd give you all the hugs if we were together right now.

• Options

@swazzle I hate wrapping gifts too, I'm so bad at it.  I try to make H wrap stuff.

@Southernpeach89 as I said yesterday sending you lots of hugs

II: My niece wants a cotton candy machine for Xmas, so there is no place locally that has one. So I have to order one off of amazon and hope it gets here by Christmas, it should H has Amazon prime.

Confession: TTC is way harder than I though, just emotionally.  I wish I had gone off the pill sooner.  I hate my mood can be based off that, I'm hoping it gets better. 

Anniversary

• Options
    @southernpeach89 I'm so sorry! :( Enjoy all the Christmas cookies you want! 

• Options
    Confession:  I have an appointment at a cancer treatment center in January.  after some initial appointments and elevated WBC (white blood cell) count, the Urgent Care and my GP agreed they want me to go straight to a surgeon at a cancer center to get more scans, additional bloodwork, etc. to get a final diagnosis.  I hope they are overreacting and I just have  hypothyroidism or something.  I'll probably have to get it taken out anyways, because it's putting pressure on my esophagus and trachea and I have trouble breathing and swallowing sometimes.  I'm scared and I haven't told people IRL except my immediate family.  you can see the growth on my throat so I'm wearing scarves and turtlenecks as often as possible.  also, they will take out the thyroid through my armpit, and that is insanely gross to me for some reason.  my H is very worried, and so I feel like I have to act like I'm not nervous about for him, but really... I am!

II:  I eat healthy-ish, exercise, and do all the right things but my immune system is the worst.  my brother is morbidly obese, only eats fried junk, doesn't exercise or anything, lives a really unhealthy life, and never even gets a freaking cold. 
  • Options
    I confess that I ate four cinnamon rolls last night.  For the second time this week.

And I further confess that I've been eating my feelings in light of all that's been going on in my family.

And I further confess that I don't have the energy to care.

• Options
    @southernpeach89‌ I'm sorry! That's totally disappointing. Help yourself to all the holiday treats.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Thank you everyone! Y'all make me have all the feels, love you guys.

@CocoBellaF -FX for you and your appointment. I hope that everything turns out ok!
  • Options
    @love2shop4shoes - *hugs*  I'm sad that you're sad and hurt.
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF OMG! I'm so sorry you're going through so much. I'm so glad that you'll have better insurance ASAP. Is there anything any of us can do to help? I really really really hope you're right and it's just hypothyroidism. I know it's so much easier said than done, but worrying about it right now isn't going to change anything, so focus on the holidays and all of the great quality time you'll be spending with your family and friends. <3  And your II is not irrational at all. I always have the same frustrations about my own health. FI eats like crap, and he's never sick. I eat healthy and work out, and I'm constantly down with something. It's the most frustrating thing ever. 

• Options
    lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited December 2014

@southernpeach89 - I am so sorry, sending you all the hugs and cookies.

@CocoBellaF - Lots of vibes for you, I hope everything is okay.

Confession - I really want to spend Christmas morning with just my parents and sister. That's been Christmas morning my entire life and I selfishly want one last Christmas like that. I want my first Christmas with FI to be next year when we're married and living together in our own home. We sort of talked about it on the weekend and he got upset because I "don't want him there" which is true and not true at the same time. And I feel awful for still wanting to do Christmas morning with just my family.

Confession - I have been eating all the Christmas cookies lately. And IDGAF.

II - rain, snow, rain, snow, rain, snow. December get your shit together, this does not look like Christmas.

II #2 - I have to eat lunch at 11:30 because I have this stupid afternoon meeting downtown and it's going to take an hour to get to and I can't stop for lunch on the way because I'm going with other coworkers and my boss and our CEO. I am not hungry for lunch right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Irrational irritation: My hands are utterly torn up beyond relief from my new job. Opening packet after packet of pills and constantly hand sanitizing had ruined my nails and skin. Not only is it painful, but I'm sad that I will never have beautiful hands again.

Irrational irritation: All my best friend ever does with me anymore is go out to lunch and talk about her relationship with her husband. I'm happy to listen, I really am, but 1) not the WHOLE time we're together, and 2) we seriously need to do something other than eat together. I now crave chick fil a everytime we hang out.

Also, maybe this is stupid, but I don't like that she will only get together with me on her lunch hour because she wants to go home so she can be there when her husband gets home. I mean, I know they love each other, I think it's a good thing. But seriously, she can't get home a little late one evening? I just...I don't even know, I don't feel important at ALL to her anymore. I know he's THE priority in her life, which makes sense, but damn, it's like there's NO effort there anymore.

Confession: I have easily eaten my weight in peppermint bark this week. I don't even fucking LIKE peppermint bark.
  • Options

@SouthernPeach89 - I'm so, so, so sorry.  Huge hugs. I can only imagine how disappointed and sad you must feel.  I'm sorry you have to go through this.

@CocoBellaF - All the good T&P for the appointment.

@loves2shop4shoes - Hugs to you.  You are strong and will get through this.

-------------------

II: Christmas parties that have food like pizza and cookies...none of which I can eat.  Seriously, I bet the salad even has croutons on it today.  I hate celiac some days.

II2: People (aka, male runners I know) who think it is "stupid" that speed walker/joggers like me wear wicking clothing.  Just because I'm not running doesn't mean I'm not sweating.

Confession: I have no desire to workout today...none. I've been bad with my diet lately and need to get back on it but I'm lacking motivation. 

UO: I'm getting granite in our kitchen...white granite.  I know that is crazy (stain wise) but it will be pretty.

• Options
    @minskat30 Fuck those guys and their opinions on wicking clothing! You're out there working hard and they have no right to judge.

• Options
    @LaPeanut1018 - Couldn't agree more.  One of the guys I know when I mentioned the fact that runners don't often acknowledge walkers when they pass them in the opposite direction (some do, but 80% don't here) but do acknowledge other runners said that that was because walking isn't real exercise and you will only get a nod if you are either (a) running or (b) hot.  Thanks for calling me a lazy troll, you jerk.
  • Options
    @minskat30 - that is annoying!  you go and wear your work out stuff and let them just get all bothered about it.  who cares??
  • Options

@CocobellaF hugs

@Minskat30 wow white granite? That sounds so pretty I can't wait to see pictures when your kitchen is complete.

Anniversary

• Options

@LaPeanut1018 - I feel you. This will be my first Christmas without my parents. I will probably cry. Maybe more than once.

@CocoBellaF - Sending tons of good thoughts your way, chica!

@minskat30 - I go on a brisk walk with coworkers most afternoons, and I always wish I was wearing athletic clothes! I get so sweaty! Especially between the boobs, ugh. Haha ;) Ignore them. They are dumdums.

• Options

@minskat30 - What a load of crap. I wear wicking clothes to the gym, when I vacuum (hey, that's sweaty work) and when I sit on my couch eating cookies. My lululemon clothes are the most comfortable clothes I own lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    thanks for all the nice thoughts.  the cancer center they are sending me to is the most cutting-edge and best hospital in the area, plus my friend's little brother just had a brain tumor removed there and they just loved the doctors and the staff.  like I said, I'm still holding out that it's something easy to fix and not scary, but the doctors always tell you the worst-case.  I think it's scarier to not say anything and keep it a secret, but I'm not ready to tell people IRL.  most likely, it's not cancer, and if it is, it's a pretty easy fix compared to most cancers.  H is nervous... one of his good friends died of colon cancer this year, so it's all fresh on his mind.  he's a lot more loveable right now, so that's nice! 
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - *hugs* I'm so sorry! 

@CocoBellaF - All the positive health vibes to you!

@CLoGreenEyes - I'm sorry your best friend isn't being a great friend right now. Did she get married really recently? Don't be afraid to tell her how you're feeling.

Confession: I hate the idea of ever spending Christmas with BF's family. We just do holidays separately right now but eventually we will probably switch to trading off between my family and his. But my family is really into Christmas and we have a ton of traditions. BF's family isn't into it at all. They even complain about decorating the tree and see it as a chore. The only tradition they have is to go to a coffee shop downtown sometime in December. I think I'll be very sad the first time we spend Christmas with them instead of my family.

• Options
    @CocoBellaF - Thinking of you!  I had a cancer scare in January...there is literally nothing scarier.  I'm glad your H is spoiling you.

@southernpeach89 - Hugs to you!  

Confession: I'm staying with my grandparents on this leg of my research trip.  There is a strict, albeit unspoken, rule against bringing alcohol into this house.  Last night I brought in those little mini-bottles of wine and drank them in my room.

Confession: I'm eating leftover pie and ice cream for breakfast, because the cereal I already ate just didn't cut it this morning.

II: At least once every Christmas season, I get really irritated that my parents named me "Mary."  I mean..."Mary, Did you Know?"..."The Virgin Mary Had a Baby Boy"...I know that as a good Catholic-in-training, I should be honored to be named after the Blessed Virgin, but all the jokes really get old after a while.

• Options
    II: One of my Facebook friends invited me to a "proactive parenting" group on Facebook. Why? I don't have kids. BF and I don't want them for another 4-5 years! I do not need to be in a parenting Facebook group. I'm especially annoyed by this because I've only met this Facebook "friend" a couple of times, she's a friend's wife so I think it's weird she's adding me to Facebook groups.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards