Chit Chat
Options

Our dog died...

2»

Re: Our dog died...

• Options
    My condolences. *hugs*
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, it's such a painful thing when a beloved pet passes. Please don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like the way he went was really one of the best you could hope for. It was only a few hours of sickness and minimal discomfort, before he passed in a place that he loved with his family. 

I know you both with miss Captain so much, but you gave him a great and LONG life, I don't think any do could ask for anything more. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :( like others said I think it went the best way it could. It still hurts like hell though. Sounds like he had a wonderful life. 
  • Options
    So sorry and so many hugs :(

FWIW, I have actually literally prayed that when my dog's time comes it happens that way. 

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. So many hugs. 
  • Options
    Oh no...I'm so sorry. That is heartbreaking. Hugs.

• Options
    Thank you everyone. I know I'm a fairly minimal poster around here, so your kind words mean so much.

I called the clinic this morning and requested they do his pawprint before they send him to be cremated. If they remember, I'm going to trace it onto fabric and add it to the quilt I'm making H for Christmas.

We know we are lucky he didn't suffer and went quickly. We wish there had been some kind of warning, but short and hopefully as painless as possible is what's best. H thinks he hung on just long enough to say goodbye to him. He died less than an hour after H got home.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. I know I'm a fairly minimal poster around here, so your kind words mean so much. I called the clinic this morning and requested they do his pawprint before they send him to be cremated. If they remember, I'm going to trace it onto fabric and add it to the quilt I'm making H for Christmas. We know we are lucky he didn't suffer and went quickly. We wish there had been some kind of warning, but short and hopefully as painless as possible is what's best. H thinks he hung on just long enough to say goodbye to him. He died less than an hour after H got home.
    That just brought tears to my eyes. How very sweet and reminds me of cat I had in high school. She was missing for three days and we were sure she was gone for good. After three or four days, I was in the garage trying to get the dogs in the house and I heard a little cat crying. I turned around and it was my cat - she was an absolute mess but it was her. She ran inside and downstairs to climb on a chair. She had been attacked and it was clear she had broken bones, the vet later said that she was blind from whatever happened as well, but she managed to find her way back home so she could pass away with her family. Our pets can really be such amazing little creatures.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards