Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday!!

2»

Re: Monday!!

• Options
    @blue Well, you're still very awesome and sweet :) I honestly think it was the vegan fudge I made on Saturday night. And, in general, I think that my stomach just can't handle everything it used to. I need to get my diet back in shape, not to lose weight, but to keep my stomach happy.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Damnit, I guess I gotta get one of those LEEP procedures done on my cervix in a month. I know I asked for results before Christmas, but that was when I thought I wouldn't have to schedule another procedure!

I know most of y'all on the east coast are already off of work. Now I'm just sitting here extra not wanting to do anything.

• Options
    @AlPacina‌ are they going to knock you out to do it?

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 - I think it's just a local anesthetic. Not excited to have them stick a needle up there.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    @AlPacina Maybe some of the other girls have had it done that way too and can let you know how it was.
    I refused to be awake because like I said before I'm a huge baby. Unfortunately when I found out I had to have it done my gyno was leaving the practice and referred me to someone else. The meeting with that doctor had me in tears. I said I wanted to be knocked out and I knew they could do it that way. He insisted on telling me it wasn't necessary and that it didn't even hurt. Umm, he's a man so doesn't have a vagina or cervix and I didn't appreciate that. So I started seeing a different doctor (the one my mom used to see actually!) and loved her. She explained she only does that procedure in the OR so people aren't freaked out about what's happening. 

If you're really worried about it I'd see if you can get them to knock you out. But like I said, others here have probably had it done while awake and can maybe tell you it's not even that bad!

ETA: how did the colposcopy go for you?

• Options

@lavenderfields13 - The colposcopy itself wasn't bad. It really did just feel like someone squeezed tweezers on it really hard for a second. It makes me not worry as much about the LEEP thing. It really isn't that sensitive. I might ask if I can zone out and listen to music or something. That's what I normally do at the dentist. I think I'm actually less scared of this than dental work, now that I think about it, haha.

Also, I don't know of anyone that has ever enjoyed going to a male doctor for these kinds of problems. I'm so glad you've found a lady you like. I'm loving my doctor. She might be a little blunt for some women, but I appreciate the transparency.

• Options
    Sounds like you will be just fine then!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards