Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday Chat!

2»

Re: Tuesday Chat!

• @KeptInStitches - I'm no help when it comes to sewing, but your dress is gorgeous!

@IrishDreamer - Ugh, I wish!!! I have been putting off that wedding and I really really really need to finish up because I'm at the end of my timeline. I got through about 80 edits last night, and only have 60 more to go and I can finally get to S which will be SO much more enjoyable! I'm looking forward to being off New Years Day to edit. I'd like to get all of the outstanding sessions done by this weekend.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @KeptInStitches - with that neckline and back, I think finding a bra is going to be a challenge (but if you have one that works already - that's a good start).  THIS is the bra I ended up with for my dress.  I probably didn't really need a bra but the seamstress could tell I was uncomfortable without one (I'm pretty modest).

Anniversary
  • @ollie08, thanks!

@southernpeach89, mmm soup. What kind?

@dignity100, as far as the shirts are concerned, I like the first one better.

@cocobellaf, feel better!

@irishdreamer, I hope your day gets better.

@minskat30, I like the second hood.

@dignity100, we were also going to put a tiny modesty panel in front and back - the neckline will be more trapezoidal than pointed, so that I can wear a bra as well. It really doesn't need a huge one, maybe 1" tops? And I think it's more like 1/2".
  • @keptinstitches She gave us chicken noodle and minestrone. I think I'm going to heat up the chicken noodle tonight since we had minestrone not too long ago.
  • @Keptinstitches I don't know much about sewing unfortunately.  Did you ask your seamstress, they may have a better idea if cups will work or not.  The dress is gorgeous though!

Anniversary

• @Ollie08‌ no big rush. I am just thrilled with how even the rough shots came out!!
  • Thanks ladies for your input!
  • @Dignity100 - I so wish I could WFH. I work at a brokerage and there are about 20 TVs within my sight line. The one in our little fishbowl is only visible to my group of people and when it's dead, nobody objects to fun shows/movies :)

@minskat30 - We do, we've had them for 5 seasons now. They're not nearly as pricey as most other teams (we pay $2k for both of our seats for the whole season and we're not in the nosebleeds). I love the 2nd hood! 

@KeptinStitches - What about having cups sewn into your dress so you don't have to wear a strapless bra? Or you could try a longline strapless. I found those SO more comfortable than normal strapless bras because there's more to help hold the girls up. 

@500days - I made this suggestion to someone on here recently but I love asparagus with hollandaise. What are you making for dessert? H's favorite dessert that I make are these mini pecan pie tart things that are so quick and easy and taste phenomenal. I'm making them tomorrow along with our other favorite things: guacamole and buffalo chicken dip (it's all totally nutritious, hahaha). 

• @swazzle, ooo, a longline strapless is a good idea! What I hate most is how strapless bras tend to fold under on me.
  • @KeptInStitches‌ strapless bras are the devil. I hope you find one that isn't too offensive.

@southernpeach89‌ glad Maddux gets to come home today!

@swazzle how in the world do you get you watch all this TV at work, woman?? Lol. I wish I was watching the TWD marathon.

@CocoBellaF‌ hope you and your H feel better soon!

@IrishDreamer‌ sorry your tire blew out! Cars suck.

@AlPacina, congratulations on gearing up to househunt! It must feel awesome to have all those financial things ready to go. :)

I am having a shitty last week of 2014. I just hope I get it all out now, because 2015 needs to be much better.
    -This job. SUCKS. My preceptor literally barely talks to me (other than this morning; she was in an unusually good mood, heh heh, wonder what that's about), this patient population is so depressing, , um, I haven't been paid yet. It's been six weeks!
    -I started job hunting again because of all of this. I really wanted to stick it out for a year, but I just think it's a huge red flag that I haven't been paid yet. I'm losing all the skills I learned in school for this particular job; they could at least make it worth my while. So far I've been rejected by 3 separate jobs. Ouch.
    -In an uncharacteristic fit of balls-yness (SLASH extreme social awkwardness), I asked out someone I was interested in. Did not go anywhere. I don't know where I got the stones to do that, but I'm pretty sure it will never happen again. (I'm being a HUGE baby about this, obviously; it didn't end BADLY, just not the way I hoped it works. But damn.)
    -I am off on NYE and Day for once in my life. I was hoping I'd be able to actually go and do something fun, buuuut with the severe lack of paycheck I can afford to sit in my house by myself and do exactly nothing to ring in 2015. I feel utterly pathetic.

End selfish complaints. (But if you have puppy GIFs I would loooove to enjoy them!)
  • @CLoGreenEyes - Those aren't selfish at all, they're totally legit. I'm sorry work is such a pain in the ass. I can't believe you haven't been paid. That's outrageous. I hope thinks start looking up for you with the job search and you find something that's perfect... and that pays you for your hard work! 

• @CLoGreenEyes - I started the post 'Smile!' for you.  Not getting paid for 6 weeks is not right, you have bills and that's totally unacceptable!

Anniversary
  • @CLoGreenEyes UMMMM those are all entirely legit complaints. That you haven't been paid yet is a serious red flag, and really not a good sign regarding your employer.

@keptinstitches I don't have a lot of helpful advice, besides that I was told I didn't need a bra for my dress and I got one anyway, but your dress <3<3<3 I still love it so much.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @clogreeneyes, you haven't been paid? I don't think that's legal, to be honest ...
  • Wow, the boards have been super busy the past few days. Looks like I've missed out on a lot of fun stuff.

Christmas was a lot of fun, but I was bummed that my sinus surgery kept me from fully enjoying everything. Could barely taste the food, could barely breathe, could not help unload or load cars or pass out gifts, etc. The surgery is definitely worth all of the recovery annoyances, but it did put a bit of a damper on the holidays. Anywho, I had the larger stints taken out yesterday, so now I can breathe and sleep normally! Woohoo! I slept for like 13 hours last night. It was amazing!

For NYE, FI and I are going to a cabin with our friends for a few days. It's really remote (no cell phone reception, no cable, no internet), and we like to go out there and practice shooting our guns and do fireworks and goof off. I'm REALLY looking forward to it. :)

@CLoGreenEyes Ummm you haven't been paid? Wtf?

@AlPacina Congrats on starting the house hunt! That's awesome news!

@Dignity100 LOL that's pretty funny about the double gifts for your H. I guess great minds think alike :) I'm glad you were able to figure out a solution for them too.

@IrishDreamer UGH! What a day! I'm so sorry you had such a stressful morning :( I'm glad your boss got your Starbucks!

Ahhh sorry I wasn't able to respond to everyone. I need to clean the apartment this afternoon because we're having some friends over tonight. The apartment has gotten really messy with my surgery and all of our Christmas gifts out and about. Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

• @eilis1228 - I'm so glad the surgery went well! Doesn't it make such a difference? Did I do an ok job of explaining things before?

• @eilis1228 I'm glad the surgery went well. Sorry Christmas wasn't as fun.

Anniversary

• @Swazzle Yes, your explanation was spot on! Thank you so much! I've had some pretty epic boogers too. lol

• UUUUGGGHHHH I just got my period today. For the first time since December 2012. In the middle of my honeymoon.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Phira that is the SUCK. >:(

@Everyone, thank you for sympathizing with me! I'm totally sure it's illegal, and I'm pretty annoyed about it! They've been giving us (me and the people who started the same day) small advances to "help out," but I'm already having to delay major stuff - like moving out - because I can't get my life together like this.

But I'm glad I didn't move out before realizing that this job is not a good fit for me. At least now I have a chance to find something hopefully more suited to me as a new nurse (who, as it turns out, can't deal with psych patients threatening to punch me every other day).

Ooh, and to make me feel the BEST I could possibly feel today (/sarcasm), my frined sent me to think to the following super-encouraging article: CLICKY. I know she meant well, and honestly, it's probably stuff I need to think about, but today I read it and was just like OMG I CAN'T EVVEN THINK RIGHT APPARENTLY.

• Random aside: rewatching these episodes of TWD is reminding me how utterly annoying Andrea and Lori are!
  • @CLoGreenEyes - I didn't like Andrea early on but she grew on me. Lori ALWAYS got on my nerves. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards