Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Sheath dress brides!!

I just bought my dress, Sottero & Midgley "Jade". I love this dress! I feel elegant and beautiful in it, but am worried I won't feel like a "bride" without the poof! Or that FH won't like it without the poof! Am I just being paranoid? Can I see some real life pics of your sheath dress? Maybe if I see real brides instead of models in them I will feel better.
chloe97

Re: Sheath dress brides!!

• MollyandDMollyandD
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Just google it. I did, and it it looks gorgeous.
  • tammym1001tammym1001 Akron, Ohio
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Answers
    I wore a sheath dress.  I loved it and I absolutely still felt like a bride. The dress you picked out is gorgeous. Here's a pic of me in my dress.
    augbride87
  • @tammym1001‌ Thank you! You looked amazing in your dress! Thank you so much for sharing :)
    Thank you! I had some of the same worries that you did. The veil definitely helped me feel more like a bride for sure and once the day comes and you're all dolled up you will feel like a bride no matter what you are wearing.
  • You will look beautiful. Wedding dresses come in different shapes and sizes and every one looks great in it.
  • larrygagalarrygaga Czechoslovakia
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    That dress is beautiful!!!! I'm so sick of poofy stark white strapless gowns. It's just boring after awhile!!!!!

You will be very bridal in that gown. 

I have a lacy sheath dress with the bottom layer being gold and the top layer being ivory lace. I only have crappy pictures of when I tried it on. I have buried these pictures and I'm late for work, so if I remember I'll post tonight. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thank you ladies!! I was just being paranoid you are right I will feel like a bride no matter what I wear!!
  • I'm probably going with a sheath gown as well. FH actually prefers the sheath because they look more "sexy". I'm going to follow this thread because I also want to see other people's sheath dresses.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• OP, I am wearing a sheath Maggie Sottero gown. I definitely felt more "bridal" once I put the veil on, but it's still a gorgeous (and comfortable!) bridal gown without. 

I looked your dress up and it is a stunner! 

chloe97
  • Another sheath dress bride here!! Can't wait to do my first fitting in May!! 
    larrygagachloe97
    edited January 2015
    Okay, I did forget but here is my dress. The one in the picture is about a size too small, so it looks tight. What I really think is cool is that think how hot and sweaty you would be in a ballgown. My dress is barely 2 layers.

Isn't it so bridal? The other ones posted here are very bridal, as well. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

tammym1001augbride87
  • Love seeing all these sheath dresses!!  You are right @larrygaga it is very bridal :)  I was worried for a few minutes this weekend when we (FH and myself) were looking at the knot look book and a passed a pic of my dress and he just said eh.   Heart sank!!!  Then a few min later we passed the same pic and he said it was nice lol....boys!!
    He will view it very differently when it's on you and not a random model. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Denise40Denise40 Montgomery County, Tx
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
    adettma32 said:
    Another sheath dress bride here!! Can't wait to do my first fitting in May!! 

What style dress is that? It's gorgeous
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Love seeing all these sheath dresses!!  You are right @larrygaga it is very bridal :)  I was worried for a few minutes this weekend when we (FH and myself) were looking at the knot look book and a passed a pic of my dress and he just said eh.   Heart sank!!!  Then a few min later we passed the same pic and he said it was nice lol....boys!!
    I guarantee he will not have any idea that he saw that dress already when he sees it on you. It's such a different experience for him to see the dress on you than some random person in a magazine. 
  • @tammym1001‌ I know you are right!!

I love seeing all these sheath dresses you all look so beautiful :smiley:
  • porkchops926porkchops926 Cape Cod
    250 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Mine is a sheath but like larrygaga the pics of me trying it on are awful and don't do the dress justice, plus my dad has yet to send them to me. Regardless, I tried on a ton of dresses that day and the dress I ended up with was the only one that my parents (both in their 70s so they're old school) thought looked like a bridal dress.

It has sleeves though and since they were married in the 60s that probably has something to do with it, lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • adettma32 said:
    adettma32 DRESS TWINS!!!!

I love every single one of these dresses that has been posted! OP that dress is STUNNING!!!!

Anniversary
    adettma32augbride87chloe97
  • You looked so beautiful!!
  • Denise40 said:
    adettma32 said:

What style dress is that? It's gorgeous
    Thank you!! It is David's Bridal, but I don't remember the style number, unfortunately. I tried to find it on their website and didn't see it either. :-(

@bubblegum1309 You look amazing in that dress!! Gotta love the lower back. xx
    Bubblegum5586
  • I am also doing a sheath dress! I had a poofy one that I loved too so I debated for a little bit but this one felt so much more "me". The poof felt like I was playing princess dress up or something, haha.

Don't mind this cropped together photo, I had some long distance friends that were helping with dress picking..

augbride87adettma32
  • I am also doing a sheath dress! I had a poofy one that I loved too so I debated for a little bit but this one felt so much more "me". The poof felt like I was playing princess dress up or something, haha.

Don't mind this cropped together photo, I had some long distance friends that were helping with dress picking..

I love that dress!! It's so pretty. Every time I put on a poofy dress everyone said the same thing...it's pretty but not you! I am so excited to try MY dress in June!
  • Thank you for this post! I bought a lace sheath dress a few weeks ago and have been having the same thoughts! My mom and I only had one day to go shopping and I knew she wanted to be there when I bought the dress, so I bought one that I tried on that I loved, but I didn't get a chance to try on as many as I thought I would. 

Mine is a lace over charmeuse v-neck fit and flare. What I am most concern about is how my gut/hip area will look. At least I have 6.5 months of pilates in front of me :-)
    augbride87
  • chloe97 said:
    Thank you for this post! I bought a lace sheath dress a few weeks ago and have been having the same thoughts! My mom and I only had one day to go shopping and I knew she wanted to be there when I bought the dress, so I bought one that I tried on that I loved, but I didn't get a chance to try on as many as I thought I would. 

Mine is a lace over charmeuse v-neck fit and flare. What I am most concern about is how my gut/hip area will look. At least I have 6.5 months of pilates in front of me :-)

I have started hitting the weights and elliptical hard!!!
  • thisismynickname2thisismynickname2 City By The Lake
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    I chose a sheath because I am petite and didn't want a big dress to wear me. 
    Also, I didn't wear a veil simply because it's not my style.
    You'll feel like a bride because you're getting married, not because of what you're wearing. Rock what you like! 

SHEATH:

thespeshulestsnowflakeaugbride87
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards