Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Sheath dress brides!!

I just bought my dress, Sottero & Midgley "Jade". I love this dress! I feel elegant and beautiful in it, but am worried I won't feel like a "bride" without the poof! Or that FH won't like it without the poof! Am I just being paranoid? Can I see some real life pics of your sheath dress? Maybe if I see real brides instead of models in them I will feel better.

Re: Sheath dress brides!!

• MollyandDMollyandD member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Just google it. I did, and it it looks gorgeous.
  • I wore a sheath dress.  I loved it and I absolutely still felt like a bride. The dress you picked out is gorgeous. Here's a pic of me in my dress.
  • @tammym1001‌ Thank you! You looked amazing in your dress! Thank you so much for sharing :)
  • Thank you! I had some of the same worries that you did. The veil definitely helped me feel more like a bride for sure and once the day comes and you're all dolled up you will feel like a bride no matter what you are wearing.
  • You will look beautiful. Wedding dresses come in different shapes and sizes and every one looks great in it.
  • That dress is beautiful!!!! I'm so sick of poofy stark white strapless gowns. It's just boring after awhile!!!!!

You will be very bridal in that gown. 

I have a lacy sheath dress with the bottom layer being gold and the top layer being ivory lace. I only have crappy pictures of when I tried it on. I have buried these pictures and I'm late for work, so if I remember I'll post tonight. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thank you ladies!! I was just being paranoid you are right I will feel like a bride no matter what I wear!!
  • I'm probably going with a sheath gown as well. FH actually prefers the sheath because they look more "sexy". I'm going to follow this thread because I also want to see other people's sheath dresses.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• OP, I am wearing a sheath Maggie Sottero gown. I definitely felt more "bridal" once I put the veil on, but it's still a gorgeous (and comfortable!) bridal gown without. 

I looked your dress up and it is a stunner! 

• Another sheath dress bride here!! Can't wait to do my first fitting in May!! 
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Okay, I did forget but here is my dress. The one in the picture is about a size too small, so it looks tight. What I really think is cool is that think how hot and sweaty you would be in a ballgown. My dress is barely 2 layers.

Isn't it so bridal? The other ones posted here are very bridal, as well. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Love seeing all these sheath dresses!!  You are right @larrygaga it is very bridal :)  I was worried for a few minutes this weekend when we (FH and myself) were looking at the knot look book and a passed a pic of my dress and he just said eh.   Heart sank!!!  Then a few min later we passed the same pic and he said it was nice lol....boys!!
  • He will view it very differently when it's on you and not a random model. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• adettma32 said:
    Another sheath dress bride here!! Can't wait to do my first fitting in May!! 

What style dress is that? It's gorgeous
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love seeing all these sheath dresses!!  You are right @larrygaga it is very bridal :)  I was worried for a few minutes this weekend when we (FH and myself) were looking at the knot look book and a passed a pic of my dress and he just said eh.   Heart sank!!!  Then a few min later we passed the same pic and he said it was nice lol....boys!!
    I guarantee he will not have any idea that he saw that dress already when he sees it on you. It's such a different experience for him to see the dress on you than some random person in a magazine. 
  • @tammym1001‌ I know you are right!!

I love seeing all these sheath dresses you all look so beautiful :smiley:
  • Mine is a sheath but like larrygaga the pics of me trying it on are awful and don't do the dress justice, plus my dad has yet to send them to me. Regardless, I tried on a ton of dresses that day and the dress I ended up with was the only one that my parents (both in their 70s so they're old school) thought looked like a bridal dress.

It has sleeves though and since they were married in the 60s that probably has something to do with it, lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • adettma32 said:
    adettma32 DRESS TWINS!!!!

I love every single one of these dresses that has been posted! OP that dress is STUNNING!!!!

Anniversary
  • You looked so beautiful!!
  • Denise40 said:
    adettma32 said:

What style dress is that? It's gorgeous
    Thank you!! It is David's Bridal, but I don't remember the style number, unfortunately. I tried to find it on their website and didn't see it either. :-(

@bubblegum1309 You look amazing in that dress!! Gotta love the lower back. xx
  • I am also doing a sheath dress! I had a poofy one that I loved too so I debated for a little bit but this one felt so much more "me". The poof felt like I was playing princess dress up or something, haha.

Don't mind this cropped together photo, I had some long distance friends that were helping with dress picking..

• I am also doing a sheath dress! I had a poofy one that I loved too so I debated for a little bit but this one felt so much more "me". The poof felt like I was playing princess dress up or something, haha.

Don't mind this cropped together photo, I had some long distance friends that were helping with dress picking..

I love that dress!! It's so pretty. Every time I put on a poofy dress everyone said the same thing...it's pretty but not you! I am so excited to try MY dress in June!
  • Thank you for this post! I bought a lace sheath dress a few weeks ago and have been having the same thoughts! My mom and I only had one day to go shopping and I knew she wanted to be there when I bought the dress, so I bought one that I tried on that I loved, but I didn't get a chance to try on as many as I thought I would. 

Mine is a lace over charmeuse v-neck fit and flare. What I am most concern about is how my gut/hip area will look. At least I have 6.5 months of pilates in front of me :-)
  • chloe97 said:
    Thank you for this post! I bought a lace sheath dress a few weeks ago and have been having the same thoughts! My mom and I only had one day to go shopping and I knew she wanted to be there when I bought the dress, so I bought one that I tried on that I loved, but I didn't get a chance to try on as many as I thought I would. 

Mine is a lace over charmeuse v-neck fit and flare. What I am most concern about is how my gut/hip area will look. At least I have 6.5 months of pilates in front of me :-)

I have started hitting the weights and elliptical hard!!!
  • I chose a sheath because I am petite and didn't want a big dress to wear me. 
    Also, I didn't wear a veil simply because it's not my style.
    You'll feel like a bride because you're getting married, not because of what you're wearing. Rock what you like! 

SHEATH:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards