Chit Chat
Options

Lego "Widow" UPDATE w/ Photo

edited January 2015 in Chit Chat
I got my fiance a 4000 piece Lego set for Christmas; he's waited patiently until today to put it toget her but I think I'm going to be a Lego widow for the next few weeks (4k pieces + he is doing it on the coffee table since we have no other space for this activity = many days).

What kind of "widow" are you?

P.S. as I don't want to be insensitive to actual widows, if you can think of a better term please advise.

UPDATE: He's done! Pic included!

Re: Lego "Widow" UPDATE w/ Photo

• Options
    I lose my FI to hockey every winter. He plays and he is a huge wings fan. 

I play some but not seriously, and I will pay attention to games in the background sometimes. UGH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm a chef widow.     It's lasted a lot longer than 4 weeks.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Not a widow persay, but BF tends to boor my socks off with obscure facts about WWII and NASA, but in his defense he has to listen to me talk endlessly about musical theater and Shakespeare.

• Options
    Dragon Age.... Diablo....FF...take your pick. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm a PS4 widow as of yesterday. Right now, specifically a Far Cry 4 widow. FI doesn't have to go back to work until Thursday, so as long as things on the screen are moving, I'll know he's alive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Now that he's got a new sled, as soon as we get snow, I'll be a snowmobiling widow. He'll be up at camp every free weekend he's got.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    When the re-release of Grand Theft Auto 5 came out for his Xbox One, I knew I would lose him. Everything out his mouth was about the game and the missions. If I had to hear Franklin, Michael, or Trevor one more time I thought I would explode.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options
    Various video games. Call of duty, battlefield, and I think he just downloaded some new one. I won't see him for hours, but it sounds like the TV is exploding sometimes haha!

• Options
    I got DH the Simpsons Lego kit (about 2,500 pieces) and he put it together in one day while we were off work for Christmas.

I like football but my life doesn't revolve around the games (except for Ohio State games) but during the NFL season I barely see DH because he is in the basement watching games and/or RedZone and keeping tabs on his Fantasy team.  I don't mind so much because that lets me nap in peace.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    I'm a motorcycle widow. Since we've moved into a new house and have a garage now he has started rebuilding motorcycles again. He spends hours out there working on this worn down thing he bought. He says he plans on selling it when it is done and getting another junker to work on. I said we keep this one and he can still buy his junker. There is no way he gets to spend all that time building it without giving me the chance to enjoy it when it is done.
  • Options
    I refer to myself as a WOW widow. (World of Warcraft). FI used to play in college and a few weeks ago he suddenly picked it back up again. A lot of the time I go to bed alone now cuz he stays up to keep playing. I don't really mind because I know he enjoys it, and it's harmless but every so often I feel a little bit neglected :/ 
  • Options
    loveislouderloveislouder member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Dungeons and Dragons, Bloodbowl, War Hammer, and his new favourite - Magic. There was a Magic tournament last night and when he got there he realized he forgot all his stuff so I had to take it to him in the middle of a 15 cm snowfall. Damn, do I love that man haha
  • Options
    Call of Duty.  Though he seems to go through phases.  He's off right now, so I'm happy.  He'll get back into it for a month or two and then lose interest again until the new version comes out.  He did try to teach me once but I sucked.  

• Options
    I'm a soccer widow. DH officiates every weekend in the spring and 7 days a week from the end of August until almost Thanksgiving. There have been stretches where I didn't see him at all for several days at a time.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Various video games, but mostly a League widow.

It's fine by me cause then I can do whatever I want.

Anniversary
  • Options
    None. DH and I like almost all the same video games, play D&D together, and have a lot of the same interests. Right now I'm Knotting while waiting my turn for the playstation controller.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Ohhh, which Lego set? H is also a Lego freak, and he I got him the Tower Bridge last year for his birthday. It took him 3 days to put it together. 4,295 pieces. He got me hooked as well. My biggest piece I put together was the Haunted House. 
  • Options
    Actually, DH is more of a Cheer Widow than I am a CoD widow. I'm at practice 3 days per week, plus 1-2 days for tumbling classes.  He'll often drive me and go for a workout himself, but can't always make it.  He also gets dragged out to watch every competition, though I usually tell him when we compete and he shows up about 10 mins before.  I have no desire to sit through 2-3 hours of kids cheer competitions and I'm sure he has even less.  

• Options
    FI builds high end radio control cars and takes them to competitions with his buddy who owns a parts company. He had the last 14 days off and he has a push on to finish his current build for a competition in a couple weeks. He, too, commandeers the coffee table in the living room, and the love seat, and the floor around the table... And the tv for football that he's not really paying attention to... I've learned to live with it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

BF is all about the hockey. And soccer when the world cup was on. Watching soccer is like watching paint dry to me, I just can't seem to get into it!

I do enjoy watching hockey, but I only really get interested if my team is playing or if I'm at a live game. He's all about it all the time though, especially NHL on XBOX, haha.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    jenajjthr said:

Ohhh, which Lego set? H is also a Lego freak, and he I got him the Tower Bridge last year for his birthday. It took him 3 days to put it together. 4,295 pieces. He got me hooked as well. My biggest piece I put together was the Haunted House. 

That's what I got him for Christmas. He's usually got sets together in a few hours but he's working on a 5×3-ish coffee table and has little room to sort the parts.

I want to get him the Sydney Opera House next, but NOT the one from the Architecture series as I think it looks cheap.
  • Options
    And I quote (albeit he was joking): "There is no God but Dragon Age: Inquisition, and the PS4 is its prophet."

Yeah, I've been Knotting for the 40+ hours he's been working on this one.

It could be any videogame, though. And also, sometimes it's just plain old work!
  • Options
    rcher920 said:
    And I quote (albeit he was joking): "There is no God but Dragon Age: Inquisition, and the PS4 is its prophet."

It could be any videogame, though. And also, sometimes it's just plain old work!
    I was at the Church of DA:I on Xbox One all day today.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    That god damned fucking Clash of Clans phone game. It makes me so ragey.
  • Options
    rcher912rcher912 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    beethery said:
    rcher920 said:

I was at the Church of DA:I on Xbox One all day today.
    "Just one mission and then we'll watch TV together!"

Sure, np.

...2 hours later...

ETA: I really am giggling through all of this. I think it's adorable. :)
  • Options
    Video games - anything on PC, or more recently got a WiiU so - anything on that.

And Legos - I got him one of the Guardians of the Galaxy sets for christmas and he finished it in a couple hours. He wants the Star Wars Phantom Menace one . . . .and I haven't broken down to get that one yet . . . . but I know I will eventually.
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    Model trains for my man. He's got a nice little set up in the basement. I don't mind it too much except when I came home to a hole in the basement wall for the tunnel he created.... It's a good thing I love him..
  • Options
    Guitar/his band...it's bad enough most days when he's playing and ignoring me but I can at least sit and watch. Right now he's working on some too secret sneaky song I'm not allowed to hear so I get banished to the other room of he wants to play.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards