October 2016 Weddings
Options

Welcome Brides

ShortFani89ShortFani89 member
First Comment
edited January 2015 in October 2016 Weddings
Hello ladies.

I am the first to be on Oct 2016 discussion board because I am crazy and have my date schedules more than 18 months out already. I figured I would start this in case there are others out there in the same wedding month and was nervous to start the board. 

Would love to hear from everyone. 

Name: [Fill]
Location/residence: [Fill]
Type of Wedding: [Fill]
How did you are your fiance meet?: [Fill]
Color Scheme: [Fill]
Interests/Information about You: [Fill]

Here are my responses:
Tiffany DeFiore
I live in Saint Petersburg, Florida.
We are having a beach wedding (Saint Pete Beach) @ Grand Plaza Hotel & Resort
My fiance, Marshall, and I met at work. 
We have not finalized colors, but we are thinking of beach theme with bright colors.
I am currently (graduate Dec 2015- another reason for wedding date so far out) a Physician Assistant student at Barry University. I play the violin; love music. I have a 16 lb cat at home who is our child (for now). 

Please respond and add posts for all brides to respond to. Use this as your help line. 

Re: Welcome Brides

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Hi! I also have my date scheduled far out for various reasons.

Name: Cassidy
    Location/residence: Iowa
    Type of Wedding: Outdoors/woodsy
    How did you are your fiance meet?: We met and started dating in 2008 when we were high schoolers working at the same restaurant together.
    Color Scheme: Tan/ivory
    Interests/Information about You: I love to crochet and even run a crochet business that will be helping us fund our wedding!

Nice to meet you! :)
  • Options
    Nice to meet you too Cassidy. I hope this board is helpful for all who join to talk things out.
  • Options
    Name: Sara
    Location/residence: Texas
    Type of Wedding: Outdoor, Medieval Banquet
    How did you are your fiance meet?: We worked at the same store; he was in the deli, I was in the bakery. 
    Color Scheme: Navy Blue/Gold(flat)
    Interests/Information about You: My fiancé and I are both major geeks.  I love reading, he loves building computers, we both love video games and The Princess Bride (hence the theme for our wedding).  :)

when someone starts ranting

• Options
    Name: Heidi
    Location/residence: Tennessee
    Type of Wedding: Outdoor, small
    How did you are your fiance meet?: We bumped into each other 20 yrs ago at a County Fair.  Became friends for 10 yrs and have been a couple for the last 10 yrs.  We had our wedding planned 6 yrs ago, but things came up and we had to postpone.  So now here I am again planning
    Color Scheme:  It was Fuschia and Black, but I am now thinking more purple and adding in some fall colors...Not positive yet
    Interests/Information about You:We are both avid animal lovers and have been breeding Pugs for 10 yrs.  We have children that are the center of our world, and are just a laid back family
  • Options

Name: Samantha

Location/Residence: Las Vegas

Type of Wedding: Outdoor mountain wedding

How did you meet: We met online

Color Scheme: I am still working on my colors

Interests: I work as a CNA and going to school to become a Registered Nurse.  I am the mother to four wonderful kids.  Both of us have been married before.

• Options
    Very nice meeting you Sara!
  • Options
    Heidi, 

Nice to meet you. Congrats on the children. Never to late for a wedding. 
    Breed Pugs!!! That is awesome that dogs are sooo cute. My dad owns 3!
  • Options
    Samantha,

Nice to meet you. Congrats on being a mother. And it is never too late to meet that special person. 
  • Options
    Nice to meet all of you. I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Whew, I've been on here for a while and was waiting to post, so here goes...

Name: Devon
    Location/residence: NJ/NY
    Type of Wedding: Outdoor, 100 max
    How did you and your fiance meet?: We've been together since middle school, so we met on the bus in 5th grade!
    Color Scheme:  Thinking wine and/or general fall colors. Right now I am stuck on deep reds, purples, navy, and some green. I change my mind daily, though!
    Interests/Information about You: I'm a writer and a gigantic animal lover. FI and I have a parrot named Churro who is the love of our life.

Hi fellow October peeps! I'm excited to get to know you all more!
  • Options
    Devon, 

Very nice to meet you. It is such an amazing and awesome thing that you have known your fiance for so long. Congrats. 
    I love the fall color scheme, mine is a beach wedding in FL, but because I love fall colors and suck at choosing colors I began to clash the two and had to let go of fall colors, but glad you get them.
    What do you write?  I love animals too; I have a 15 lb kitty at home <3

Excited we are all here and hope there are more to come.
  • Options

Devon, 

Very nice to meet you. It is such an amazing and awesome thing that you have known your fiance for so long. Congrats. 
    I love the fall color scheme, mine is a beach wedding in FL, but because I love fall colors and suck at choosing colors I began to clash the two and had to let go of fall colors, but glad you get them.
    What do you write?  I love animals too; I have a 15 lb kitty at home <3

Excited we are all here and hope there are more to come.
    Thanks! people usually think it is strange that we've known each other forever.
    A beach wedding in FL in the fall sounds amazing!
    I write YA stories (hopefully one day, novels) and have a beauty/lifestyle blog.
    And awwwwww, my parents have 4 kitties--they are the best.
  • Options
    Hey Everyone! Nice to meet you!
    Name: Kelsey
    Location/residence: The middle of nowhere, Ohio. 
    Type of Wedding: FUN! 
    How did you are your fiance meet?: We were high school sweethearts. We've been together since our senior year.
    Color Scheme: Grey, Navy, Teal
    Interests/Information about You: I'm a new teacher, (Third grade this year and moving to first grade next year) so that takes up most of my time. I spend my free time cuddling my with FI or my puppy Maverick. He'll be three in September so I should probably stop calling him a puppy soon. haha
  • Options
    Name: Joey (gay couple and I am the primary planner)
    Location/residence: Maryland (just outside of DC)
    Type of Wedding: Outdoor simple elegance 
    How did you are your fiance meet?: OkCupid (online dating actually worked!)
    Color Scheme: Orange, burgundy, and Ivory.
    Interests/Information: I'm originally from GA and FI is originally from OH. He came for college, I came for grad school. 

Nice to meet yall!
  • Options
    Hi all!
    I'm Katherine I live in a small totally not exciting town in central PA. I want to have an elegant, amazing, outdoor, fall themed wedding! I meet my fiance at work. He was a cook and I was a server (totally opposite of what we do now.) We knew each other for about five years before we started dating and for the first year we completely avoided each other, then when we started talking I would use the cheesy pick up line of "I love your sexy reseeding hairline." I'm not sure of what our color scheme will be yet but red is my favorite color so that will for sure be in there. As far as interests go, I love to write and have a grand dream of being a children's book author some day. 
    I am so excited for fall weddings! Yay go us!
  • Options

Hello everyone.  Nice to "meet" you all!

Name: Pamela
    Location/residence: Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Type of Wedding: Celtic and very small
    How did you are your fiance meet?: eharmony (another online couple! :) and his name is Martin )
    Color Scheme: lapis and emerald
    Interests/Information about You: I'm a paranormal investigator, and would LOVE a historical place to get married at.  My fiance is from NY so I decided to have the wedding in NY becuase of that and also because of the castles/mansions/history of Sleepy Hollow.  What I wasn't prepared for was the shut down of some venues since we're so small (45ish people).  :(

My wedding is 18 months out because my family is traveling from Canada and they have to plan and save!

Look forward to talking and getting ideas from you ;)

• Options
    @ShortFani89, please be careful with the personal information you provide online. It might be a good idea to edit your response to delete some of the details your provided. Just looking out for you. :) 

My answers:

Name: Scoetto
    Location/residence: VA
    Type of Wedding: Outdoor, intimate (Between 3-30, depending on which way we decide to do it)
    How did you are your fiance meet?: We actually met before we met, if that makes sense.
    Color Scheme: Undecided, possibly N/A
    Interests/Information about You: Previous knottie. Back to plan my second (and seemingly last) wedding.

• Options
    Hello everyone! Glad to know I'm not the only one planning this far ahead! 

Name: Bree
    Location/residence: San Diego
    Type of Wedding:Hotel and small 
    How did you are your fiance meet?: We went to high school together and reconnected a few years ago when he ran into me at a starbucks I was working at. It turned out his sister in law worked at the same store.
    Color Scheme: Maroon, grey and black 
    Interests/Information about You: I'm not good at talking about myself not sure what to put here... I love my english bulldog fur child...
  • Options
    Hello!!!

Name: Viktoria
    Location/residence: Colorado
    Type of Wedding: Catholic ceremony, off-site reception. His second marriage, my first.
    How did you are your fiance meet?: Work! Even though it was against all of our rules.
    Color Scheme: Hues of Plum-Burgundy-Sangria
    Interests/Information about You: The FI has 2 kiddos. They're so excited to be little ring-bearers!
  • Options
    Name: Jess
    Location/residence: Richmond,VA
    Type of Wedding: Indoor, fun? Baltimore-esque?
    How did you are your fiance meet?: Through a friend, in high school
    Color Scheme: pink, burgundy
    Interests/Information about You: I have 2 cats, import wine for a living, and am originally from Maryland...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Name: Jessica
    Type of wedding: Indoor/Outdoor (there is a HUGE fire pit at out venue so yes, s'mores will play a huge part), romantic/vintage
    How did we meet: Online- we actually lived just a couple blocks from each other for three years and frequented the same places yet somehow never bumped into each other.
    Color scheme: Turquoise, black, white, with sunflowers
    Interests/Information: Umm my fiance's stepfather is Gene Roddenberry's nephew (Star Trek), we have a black cat (Jamison) and a black lab (Abby), and I'm finding out that wedding planning is really hard if you're indecisive by nature.
  • Options
    Name: Erica
    Location/residence: Baltimore, Maryland
    Type of Wedding: Indoor/Outdoor, highlight the natural beauty
    How did you are your fiance meet?: Match.com
    Color Scheme: Not entirely sure yet!
    Interests/Information about You: My fiance and I have two cats that I'm highly allergic to named Tommy and Jerry...they're both girls (oops on the part of the woman he got them from) but he didn't feel like changing their names. We're bringing home a yorkie-poo in August named Bailey. We love [Christmas] movies, but he hates that I'm currently recording the Christmas in July specials on Hallmark!

Nice to meet you all!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Name: Chelsea
    Location/residence: Nh
    Type of Wedding: Outdoor overlooking the beautiful White Mountains of NH with the fall foliage. It's at a boutique hotel that fits our book/ vintage theme perfectly
    How did you are your fiance meet?: His sister/ my friend forced us to meet back in 2009 and we've been happily together ever since
    Color Scheme: Orange (my favorite color) and grey
    Interests/Information about You: I love to read and catch up on tv and movies. I love cats and so does my fiancé. I'm also a baker.
  • Options
    Name: Gail
    Location/residence:  CA
    Type of Wedding:  Renewing my wedding vows after 30 years. :)  Indoor, Nightmare Before Christmas themed (Simply Meant to Be)
    How did you and your fiance meet?:  We met in high school and started dating when we were 16.
    Color Scheme:  Purple, wine & black
    Interests/Information about You:  I have 2 beautiful girls (18 and 21) who will be walking down the aisle with me.  I also have 6 cats that we have rescued, ranging from 14 years to 3 months.
  • Options
    Name:Jen
    Type of wedding:small (75 people TOPS) outdoor Japanese Tea Garden
    How did we meet: we met online
    Color scheme: black red green and silver
    Interests/Information about you: this is my first (and only) wedding. I am 35. No kids love to read and do outdoorsy stuff.

Side note....are people acting like you are crazy for planning this far in advance?
  • Options

Side note....are people acting like you are crazy for planning this far in advance?

Not really; if you want to get a good place around Baltimore you have to book about a year in advance. We haven't really told many people that we're actually planning though. They thought we were crazy for waiting over a year and a half from the time we got engaged to when we wanted to get married.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, I'm getting all kinds of crazy looks cause I have a lot of it planned (in my head mind you, I can't book the venue until one year in advance) I am focusing on the little thing  like jewelry and shoes and favors and details until I can book the venue.
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

Name: Jacqui

Type of wedding: Non-religious, in a hotel, about 140 people
    How did we meet: We met through a group on Facebook for incoming freshman at our college and talked a few times.  Turned out our dorm rooms were right down the hall from each other and he finally asked me out in October 2009.  On our first date, his car actually broke down so we had to catch a ride back in the tow truck and I had to pay for it cause he didn't have cash on him haha
    Color scheme: royal blue, orange, and white (for the Mets)
    Interests/Information about you: I'm an accountant.  I started taking an adult tap class last fall.  I danced my whole childhood so it's great being back!  During the summer we're at my fiance's parents' lake house in the Poconos pretty much every weekend.  Other than that, I'm pretty boring and just like to stay in and watch movies, play video/board games, and watch tv.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Name: lesley
    Location/residence: Kentucky
    Type of Wedding: indoor <100 Sunday
    How did you are your fiance meet?: we met on match.com
    Color Scheme: yellow green brown and grey
    Interests/Information about You: I'm a preschool teacher with a masters degree in education. My fiancé proposed begging if August he is a machinist going back to school now (wedding planned around fall break.)
    We are laid back not party oeople so we are going for a relaxed sunday wedding.
  • Options
    ^oh and I have a 4 year old son
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards