Chit Chat

For those of you who got an invitation to a friend's Saturday wedding 8 hours or so away, you....

Re: For those of you who got an invitation to a friend's Saturday wedding 8 hours or so away, you....

• lurkergirllurkergirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    Any more justification? Insistence that your circumstances are soooo much different? C'mon, we're waiting.
    No, we just don't understand because we're lame losers with nothing better to do and she feels sorry for our SOs.  Did I cover it?  Did I get bingo?  What's my prize?

ETA: I forgot to insult our looks.  Damn, no bingo for me.

• hahahahaha, too bad I finished my popcorn already
  • WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    ETA - Sorry, half the posts didn't load.  Comment doesn't make sense anymore.  

OP why are you having another "wedding"??

• Any more justification? Insistence that your circumstances are soooo much different? C'mon, we're waiting.
    No, we just don't understand because we're lame losers with nothing better to do and she feels sorry for our SOs.  Did I cover it?  Did I get bingo?  What's my prize?

We totally have better things we could be doing. We could be making more princesses!

• Any more justification? Insistence that your circumstances are soooo much different? C'mon, we're waiting.

We totally have better things we could be doing. We could be making more princesses!
    Princesses are a perfectly valid way to spend free time.

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    So what's the issue then??  If costs are all covered.  Do you want to go or not??
    she is the bride.    So I guess she is feeling us out before she asked her "MOH"?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    So what's the issue then??  If costs are all covered.  Do you want to go or not??
    she is the bride.    So I guess she is feeling us out before she asked her "MOH".

Thanks, I was missing a reload of newer posts and missed all of that.  

• lyndausvi said:
    she is the bride.    So I guess she is feeling us out before she asked her "MOH".

Thanks, I was missing a reload of newer posts and missed all of that.  
    It's a silly question.  

What is the OP going to do?  Well a bunch of internet girls said they would go so that is why I'm offering.  Or the flip side a bunch of internet girls said they wouldn't go so I'm not going to bother to ask.

It's one of those things you just have ask and let the cards fall where they will.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015

A bigger wedding for friends and family.  The destination wedding was just us and a couple of witnesses.  It's when you get married on vacation.

inb4 nobody in my family and friends cares they all love me and are happy for me i feel sorry for your husbands
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I would most likely accept because it's a wedding of a close friend. I would make it a point if I care about them, and they're getting married.

If they're not getting married, I'm not going to make the effort. Seeing someone get married is - hopefully - a once-in-their-lifetime occurrence. On the other hand, anybody can throw a party. Likely I wouldn't drive 30 minutes for a party. I don't like parties that much. Unless they're gif parties.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • The furthest I've traveled for a wedding was a 7 hour drive. I was a bridesmaid, so declining wasn't really going to happen.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • edited June 2015
  • How can I go back and change my vote now?*

*retorical question
    I'm so glad I didn't vote. Just looked at the results.

• Dammit, already voted.

1.  My close friend is getting married in Tahoe, and I'm in southern CA.  Probably 8 hours, yes I'm going.

2.  OHBUTWAIT, you're having a PPD.  You don't get two weddings.  You had your wedding.  Not traveling 8 hours for a big charade.  I'd be busy that night with Netflix.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loro929loro929 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, I agree with most PPs. I don't mind travelling in general, whether close or far, so for me, my response would never be contingent on the distance, and if I could make it work I would definitely go.

However, I just declined an invitation to a destination PPD that is being held in a city that I would have actually liked to visit simply for the reason that I don't feel like supporting that shenanigan. I'll just have to travel there another time, when I decide and on my terms.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "I already had a destination wedding. Now I'm having a bigger wedding." 

On what planet does that make any sort of sense?

• mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    So if you rushed in to marrying this guy already (because vacation!! 11!1) are we to assume he's allowed you to keep texting your friends?
    AH-HA yes. That is this OP. Good times. And it was just opposite sex friends. Text all the vagine you'd like... penis is where it gets tricky.

ETA: And it appears she married the twat that told her she had to change or he'd leave. 

• MagicInk said:
    Finally someone explained a destination wedding to me! I've been so confused all this time...
    I thought it was like Final Destination and you die on a rollercoaster.
    Ok, I just spit tea all over my desk. 
  • Oh for fuck's sake. I remember the OP now. 

Yeah, definitely focus on having another wedding and not on the fact that there are serious issues within your relationship. Good plan! Let me know how that works out for you. 

And to answer your question, I would travel that far for a best friend's wedding. I wouldn't travel that far for a fake ass re-do, even if someone else was paying for my airfare and accomadations. 
  • I'd be really hurt if my best friend got married and didn't invite me! I'd get over it if she eloped but I wouldn't be wanting to travel to play dress up with her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards