Chit Chat
Options

For those of you who got an invitation to a friend's Saturday wedding 8 hours or so away, you....

Re: For those of you who got an invitation to a friend's Saturday wedding 8 hours or so away, you....

• Options
    You only get one wedding, OP.  I am sorry if it wasn't everything you imagined, but that was it.  Do not lie to your friends and family.  And now that I know that it's a PPD, I would decline the shit out of it. 

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    It depends?

I've accepted some and declined others, depending on how much money I had and how close I was to the couple and if they were shitty about etiquette. 
    This.  It all depends on my personal situation at the time, and the hospitality of the hosts.
  • Options
    @pinkcow13 that Napoleon Dynamite meme is killing me. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    @pinkcow13 that Napoleon Dynamite meme is killing me. 
    It perfectly sums up my feelings right now lol.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Pretty sure OP will never ever come back but

OP does your friend know that you are already married?

If we were besties and I already knew you were married, I *might* attend your PPD if I had the PTO days and money to spare.  But, I would decline to buy a dress, and accessories, and pay to have my hair and make up done in order to be a MOH in your fake ceremony.

Go ahead and have a party, an At Home Reception, whatever.  But please do not lie to everyone and pretend you are not married, then have a fake ceremony and a wedding party.  That ain't right.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I think you should invite all of your guy friends to your PPD, have your new husband pay for their hotels and flights.
  • Options
    So if you rushed in to marrying this guy already (because vacation!! 11!1) are we to assume he's allowed you to keep texting your friends?
    OH MY GOD. I totally didn't even catch that.
  • Options
    OP, you are married now. I hope you stopped texting boys and remember that now you can't have any friends.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I personally am not on the PPD hate train, I don't care as long as people are upfront and honest about it. FI and I flew 3 hours to attend a PPD in Nashville and I would have been less than thrilled if I found out after what I was attending. A lot of what determines what we go to is who is getting married (or "married" in the Nashville case), how close we are to them, whether or not both of us knows them, and who else we know is attending. We were willing to fly to that one because it was mutual college friends of hours so it was like a mini college reunion for us and because... Nashville.
  • Options
    adettma32 said:
    I personally am not on the PPD hate train, I don't care as long as people are upfront and honest about it. FI and I flew 3 hours to attend a PPD in Nashville and I would have been less than thrilled if I found out after what I was attending. A lot of what determines what we go to is who is getting married (or "married" in the Nashville case), how close we are to them, whether or not both of us knows them, and who else we know is attending. We were willing to fly to that one because it was mutual college friends of hours so it was like a mini college reunion for us and because... Nashville.
    I think the problem is a lot of people are not honest. And it's kind of stupid to redo your wedding when you have only been married a short time. Have a party to celebrate your marriage, everyone loves a party, but there is no reason to have bridesmaids when you are not a bride, you're a wife.

Also, people do it for selfish reasons, to get more gifts, because they didn't get the "traditional" wedding. 

Also, some people don't mind cash bars, doesn't mean it's not rude.

• Options
    penguin44 said:
    So I assume you are only inviting female friends to your fake wedding.
    Umm...yeah!  I'm a Godly, weekly church attending woman.  Anyone like me will back me up.  We all stop texting and messaging opposite sex friends after getting married!
  • Options
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options

penguin44 said:

Umm...yeah!  I'm a Godly, weekly church attending woman.  Anyone like me will back me up.  We all stop texting and messaging opposite sex friends after getting married!

-----boxes----
    No. Not true. And seriously, dont bring your religion into your reasoning for cutting out your friends and forcing your husband to reciprocate. Even Jesus hung out with ladies. He even hung out with women of ill repute. Your argument is invalid.

• Options
    So...do I only talk to dudes? Who do bisexuals talk to once they get married?

I guess....I guess I can't talk go anymore of you!!! *sobbing uncontrollably*
  • Options
    Since we're pulling religion into this..

Oh Lord have mercy!!

There is so much nope up in here.

image   image   image

• Options
    penguin44 said:
    So you're definitely a troll then. K glad we cleared that up.
    Not just a troll. A really lame, unoriginal troll.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    penguin44 said:
    Am I still allowed to talk to my male friend who is gay? 

Sweet Jesus, no! Gay people are the devil! 

Obviously being sarcastic. 
  • Options
    What a good old chuckle I've had. A+ for troll delivery.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards