Chit Chat
Options

Talk to me about Juice Cleanses

12346»

Re: Talk to me about Juice Cleanses

• Options
    Btw: oreo caramel?  I can't think that has anything on pralines and cream McFlurry.  Those were AMAZING.  Too bad I can't eat dairy now. :(:(:(
  • Options
    You guys I just got so scared seeing 37 new comments but I'm cracking up at where this thread has gone.

Also, once at my old job we made "smoothies" out of Cinnabons, frosting, milk and Bailey's. Best Wednesday morning EVER.
    I've really got to go into advertising.
  • Options
    Btw: oreo caramel?  I can't think that has anything on pralines and cream McFlurry.  Those were AMAZING.  Too bad I can't eat dairy now. :(:(:(
    I think oreo caramel is the only kind of McFlurry I've ever had, actually (an ex used to love them so that's how I started.) Once I didn't have a physical job anymore I had to stop eating like that and now my life is pretty much vegetables, lentils, sashimi, and the occasional, regrettable dive into bags of pretzels or crackers. But pralines and cream sounds pretty outstanding. 

My body loves to pile on weight and I found I couldn't eat like I used to once I got an office job without ballooning, so I have to watch my diet like a freaking hawk to keep my body the way I prefer it. I'm happier liking the way I look in the mirror than eating ice cream all the time, but I do get sad about it sometimes regardless, haha. Miss you, too, baked goods.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    They rolled them out around the same time as the McRib in 2013.  Double trouble.  I tweeted them about why they didn't bring it back Fall 2014, it might be a local thing.  Not sure why I felt like bothering since I couldn't eat it, I think I just wanted to know where it was.
  • Options
    Since we're talking about amazing foods that will definitely lead to an early death, when I was in high school me and my BFF would skip out early and hit up McDonalds to get a large milkshake and then head on down to Dairy Queen to get chili cheese fries with it. OMGTHEAWESOMENESS.

SN: I mean we each got both of these items. I don't share. FI says I suffer from "Only Child Syndrome"
    Anniversary

• Options
    When Seattle's Best Coffee was an actual store, they used to sell these drink that were a half pound of vanilla ice cream, 2-3 shots of espresso, and chocolate sauce all blended together. You guys...they were my favorite thing ever. And that was for a medium BTW. 
  • Options
    I'm late to this thread (and have an unpopular opinion on this topic!), but I love juice cleanses. NOT the master cleanse, which is the lemon/cayenne/maple syrup one, but actual cleanses where you drink nothing but fresh fruit and vegetable juice. I first got into them after watching the documentary 'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead' (click), which I found to be very inspiring. I try to do at least one cleanse a year, for 3 days or more - the longest I did was 20 days, and I after about a week I started to feel better than I ever did in my life - more energy, increased mental clarity and better outlook, and just overall amazing. 

However, I don't recommend juicing for weight loss. Have I lost weight on juice fasts? Yes - about a pound a day. Do I gain it back when I start eating normally again? Absolutely. However, I feel they are a good "reset" for the system, and the way my body responds to them (after the initial few days of "detox") makes it worth it for me.

If you don't do a juice fast, I definitely recommend incorporating smoothies and juices into your diet, if possible. I love juicing because you can get so much more fruits and vegetables into one juice than you'd be able to eat in one sitting. I love smoothies because they tend to be more filling, and they can taste like dessert and still be good for you - for example if you add cacao powder, some sort of sweetener (like agave or honey) and even an avocado to them, it's like drinking a chocolate milkshake. 
    http://www.americantransplantfoundation.org/about-transplant/living-donation/about-living-donation/living-liver-donation/

Here is where you can get some information about getting a new liver so you don't have to drink juice for many days to "detox"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    MagicInk said:
    When Seattle's Best Coffee was an actual store, they used to sell these drink that were a half pound of vanilla ice cream, 2-3 shots of espresso, and chocolate sauce all blended together. You guys...they were my favorite thing ever. And that was for a medium BTW. 
    A HALF POUND of ice cream?! With coffee AND chocolate?!

*droool*

I have to stop reading this or I actually will go buy some damn ice cream tonight. My willpower is crumbling under all this discussion of pralines and cream and chocolate and espresso.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MagicInk said:
    I need this in my life.  Immediately. 

What the hell are you guys doing to me?  I'm supposed to be on a diet. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards