Destination Weddings Discussions

Wedding Coordinator quit 3 months before wedding! Help!

Hello all,

Sooo, I emailed my wedding coordinator to open up some more rooms at my venue for my guests to book. I received his out of office with no return date. I sent an email to the listed contact and found out that he quit! They have not yet hired a replacement and the wedding is three months away.

Has this happened to anyone else? How did things work out? Should I look into hiring my own day of coordinator?

Thanks!!!

Re: Wedding Coordinator quit 3 months before wedding! Help!

• Is this a coordinator through the resort? Do you have a contract with them for the wedding? If so, I'd try not to stress too much. They have to fulfill the obligations of the contract, and if they need to hire another coordinator ASAP, it's on them. I wouldn't rush to hire an outside coordinator that may not be able to do much anyway. Also, at three months out, there's probably not much to do. Many of the big things, provided by the resort, are already booked. I know this is probably super stressful, but I'd give it a few weeks and see how they handle it. If you get within 2 months, and there's been no progress, that's when you start taking things to management to make sure things are confirmed.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • If this is the resort's coordinator, I wouldn't worry about this at all.  When we were planning our wedding, lots of ladies on here went through the same thing.  I would just contact the resort (or the person who told you he quit) and ask who will be handling his portfolio until the backfill is in place.  And if this is indeed through the resort, I wouldn't worry about timing at all.  All of our decisions (which flowers, cake, furniture rental, lighting, etc.) were actually made in the 30-45 days prior to the wedding, and we could have made changes all the way up until the week or so before.  
  • Thank you both! I have a lot booked already, I'm more concerned about day of coordinating. I have 250 guests and it's a two night thing. I think I will be okay, I just needed to hear someone else tell me that! haha. I have emailed the resort and told them that if they have not hired a replacement in a few weeks, we will hire our own day of coordinator and they can pick up the cost :) afterall, they aren't paying a coordinator's salary anymore! Thanks again :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards