Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

So many emotions

Hey all! So I have been married for 11 days now. My wedding was flawless. I mean literally perfect. And since I planned it myself, this was a huge relief. I was so sure something would go wrong or that I would miss something. Everyone had a great time and danced the night away! The honeymoon was great! 5 days in Disneyland with my amazing husband. I just can't get over that fact that it's all...over. I am so happy to be married but I can't believe my wedding day is over. I am trying to focus on being a great wife and my poor husband doesn't understand why I am sad. I wish I could just get over it.

Re: So many emotions

• It's normal. You spend a long time planning your wedding and honeymoon and it does end so quickly. You'll probably always want to relive your wedding day, but the sadness eventually goes away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have been married since March and I still get sad that it is over. It was the happiest time of my life and I wish I could do it again. I think your feelings are normal. The idea of eventually throwing a great anniversary party, having children or celebrating a big birthday helps me feel better. I know I have other special days to look forward to.
  • I still get those feelings and I got married in March. I spent 2 years planning our wedding and the weekend went off without a flaw (surprisingly with our families that caused most of our problems during the engagement). Then it just ended, life went back to normal that Tuesday. Now, we're searching for our first home and it has been occupying my time. I still look at my wedding pictures daily, but I'm not sad when I look at them. It was the happiest day of my life but now I'm focusing on everything else life has in store for my husband and I.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm sorry you're feeling sad.  I can't really relate because I was engaged for 4.5 years and was more than ready to be married.  I was sick of planning by that point lol.  There are so many other things I'm looking forward to now... traveling more, buying and decorating a house, having kids, etc.  Your wedding was just the beginning of much better things to come! :) 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • The wedding blues often happens to young brides. I define young brides as those under 30. The blues happens when there is so much focus on the actual event rather than the significance behind the event. There are many other reasons too. You never had a chance to really live your life. To do the things you really wanted to do. Now, you realize that you have a husband to share your life and it dawns on you that you can't just do whatever you want to do any more. Your 20s should be spent traveling the world and meeting new people and exploring all the flavors. Date like crazy. So when you do get married, you are ready and you satisfied all curiosity. There is a lot of pressure on women to get married and what happens is that so much is left unsaid.  Wedding blues? Oh, it must never be spoken of. So taboo.  Why? Society pushes it on us a little too hard too prematurely without truly understanding what we really need. So we end up not listening to our inner voice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards