Chit Chat

So I'm going to be kidnapped?

2»

Re: So I'm going to be kidnapped?

• All I can think is this....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• You really need to say something to HR even though you (and maybe even because) you put your foot down.  Crazy does not stop when a boundary has been laid down. 

• Absolutely report the HR everything that has happened so if she continues, they'll already have it on record that you have complained about her insanity. I'd also ask your other coworker to let you know if she hears anything else about kidnapping you or otherwise crashing your wedding.

What a crazy person.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I can understand being scared of someone this crazy, but she needs to stop! Point blank you need to tell her you're not getting an invitation and you are not invited. End of story.

Also, is Kelly invited? Are there any other coworkers invited to the wedding? If so, would politely ask them to avoid speaking about the wedding, maybe even go as far as discouraging BSC coworker when she when she brings up your wedding.

While you may be concerned about layoffs I would not hesitate to look up workplace conduct and what constitutes as harassment. You have proof of what she's done. People have heard her saying things, she's been bothering you non-stop about getting an invite, and has gone as far to say she's kidnapping you (even if it's in jest, her erratic behavior makes you feel unsafe). I hope this gets resolved soon.
  • First off, awesome on telling this ball o' crazy that she is not invited!

But I agree it seemed too easy.  Keep on your toes.  I'd put pepper spray in a very visible spot on my desk in this situation, but that's just me.  Seriously, what exactly makes her so nuts to go to a wedding of someone she's obviously not invited to?  Has she ever mentioned why?  

Good luck with HR!  Hopefully she will knock this all off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Leaving out the lunacy, the business of anyone who gives you a party, and those invited, must be invited to the wedding, only applies to showers or bachelorette parties and such given by family, WP, and close friends who have been told they have been invited,
    AND get their suggestions for invitees from the couple and family.

Any random person who throws a surprise party for you, especially coworkers, can spend ten thousand dollars on you, and all you owe them is a very nice, hand written Thank You note on plain stationery. You don't even have to buy a card. NO invitation due.

How would crazy lady here think she would get an invitation?

If Toyota sends you a car with a notice, this is our gift to you, they cannot later send a bill, not even for shipping costs you never agreed to with the car free.
    You would owe nothing in return. They initiated this with no participation from you, any court would say you have no obligations but you can keep the car.

Same with crazy lady surprising you.
  • Leaving out the lunacy, the business of anyone who gives you a party, and those invited, must be invited to the wedding, only applies to showers or bachelorette parties and such given by family, WP, and close friends who have been told they have been invited, AND get their suggestions for invitees from the couple and family. Any random person who throws a surprise party for you, especially coworkers, can spend ten thousand dollars on you, and all you owe them is a very nice, hand written Thank You note on plain stationery. You don't even have to buy a card. NO invitation due. How would crazy lady here think she would get an invitation? If Toyota sends you a car with a notice, this is our gift to you, they cannot later send a bill, not even for shipping costs you never agreed to with the car free. You would owe nothing in return. They initiated this with no participation from you, any court would say you have no obligations but you can keep the car. Same with crazy lady surprising you.
    Surprise parties thrown by people who were not on the guest list are an exception for invitations. Especially if you don't want them there.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Leaving out the lunacy, the business of anyone who gives you a party, and those invited, must be invited to the wedding, only applies to showers or bachelorette parties and such given by family, WP, and close friends who have been told they have been invited, AND get their suggestions for invitees from the couple and family. Any random person who throws a surprise party for you, especially coworkers, can spend ten thousand dollars on you, and all you owe them is a very nice, hand written Thank You note on plain stationery. You don't even have to buy a card. NO invitation due. How would crazy lady here think she would get an invitation? If Toyota sends you a car with a notice, this is our gift to you, they cannot later send a bill, not even for shipping costs you never agreed to with the car free. You would owe nothing in return. They initiated this with no participation from you, any court would say you have no obligations but you can keep the car. Same with crazy lady surprising you.
    Duh. This was not the question.

Will you please tell us what the hell planet you're from? 

• So glad you told her what's what! I hope it doesn't escalte further but document and hr just incase . Hope you're enjoying a much needed and well deserved night relaxing with you FI
  • YAAAS! Good job on finally telling her what's up! This chick is straight up CRAY and I agree with you that it seems too easy. I'd definitely still go to HR on Monday as PPs have said to have this on record. And get Kelly to keep you in the loop!

Formerly martha1818

• This girl is completely BSC.  I honestly can't think of a single event on this planet that I'd want to attend as much as she wants to come to your wedding.  Not even a Star Wars marathon at George Lucas' house with puppies to cuddle while lounging on a hammock and enjoying my free wine and Nutella.
  • Good on you for confronting this crazy bitch. I hope she knocks it off. But yeah, please still carry pepper spray just in case.
  • In addition to going to HR, I'd be recording all your conversations with her using your phone. Because crazy people like to lie too

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Lords of light, why do weddings make some people go so damn crazy?

Honestly, Novella I feel your pain, I was a crazy magnet for years. Now I have developed really good radar and run the opposite direction whenever I smell drama queen.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards