Chit Chat

So I'm going to be kidnapped?

Guys. The next chapter in the Jessica Saga. 

In case you're not caught up:

I was waiting for her to bring up the wedding again so I could kindly make it clear to her that she is not-- under any circumstance-- invited. But the next time she brought it up we were in a room packed full of all my co-workers, and it seemed like she knew by then that she was not invited because she was trying to rally everyone to "crash" my wedding and "make a big scene." Klassy. 

My work friend "Kelly" just came up to me and whispered, "Jessica is trying to get me to help her plan a surprise bachelorette party for you." 
My reaction: "What the fuck? Why?" 
Kelly: "Because she says if she does that, you'll be forced to invite her to your wedding. She's determined to get an invitation." 
Me: "What the fuck! I wouldn't GO to any party she tries to throw." 
Kelly: "She knows, that's why her plan is to ambush you and kidnap you, and force you to go." 
Me: "Please tell me you're joking." 
Kelly: "Nope, she keeps bugging me about it."

what the fuck 
How far is this seriously gonna go? What the fucking fuck. And better question: Why is this chick SO EXTREMELY DETERMINED to get an invite? Really, she's gonna force it by kidnapping me and making me attend a party she's throwing for me? And that will get her the invitation she wants? Really? My mind is just completely blown. All I can think right now is what the fuck. 

Re: So I'm going to be kidnapped?

• WTF?  Where do people like this even come from? 

• blabla89 said:
    You should always carry pepper spray and be prepared to use it, you know, in case someone "kidnaps" you.
    Not a bad idea. I seriously would not hesitate to spray that bitch if she tries to "kidnap" me. This is beyond annoying at this point. What a psycho! 
  • beethery said:
    You need to go talk to this bitch and explain that you are not friends and you don't want to hang out with her/see her at the wedding. Tell her she needs to cut the shit out because it's creepy and unwanted.

It is too god damn late to nip this shit in the bud but I'm gonna use this anyway.

Seriously go tell her ass you are done playing around and she needs to knock the shit off. I'll wait.

ugh SIB
    right, she and I are NOT friends. We've never hung out before, never even talked to each other outside of work, nothing. WHY THE FUCK DOES SHE THINK SHE NEEDS TO COME TO MY WEDDING. This is fucking nuts 
  • Two options, I think, at this point:

1- go talk to her.  Now.  It's Friday afternoon, get it done, then go home for the weekend and relax.
    2- go to HR

Enough is enough, girl!  
    I honestly  can't even think of what to say to her. Like I have to fucking work with her every day so I don't want her to be a total bitch to me but seriously. She needs to STOP. 
  • Fuck.  I'm a lurker and have been following all this, but seriously.  1) She is out of her fucking mind and 2)  I think you need to steel yourself, take your fingers off the keyboard and go talk to Jessica.  Tell her that you're sorry (for politeness's sake, I guess) she is not going to be invited to your wedding, and detail the consequences if she comes close to kidnapping as you have heard for a bachelorette party.  And, document, document, document! All of her interactions with you are nuts and you should be making a paper trail.

I've been there with the BSC coworkers.  It feels like the inmates are in charge of the asylum.  Good luck!

• Holy shit. She is on a whole new level of crazy.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • WTF? She is psycho!

• beethery said:
    If you do not go tell her ass you heard what she's trying to do and her sentiment behind it, I will be incredibly disappointed in you.

You ain't the god damn pavement, stop getting walked on.

THIS!!!
  • beethery said:
    If you do not go tell her ass you heard what she's trying to do and her sentiment behind it, I will be incredibly disappointed in you.

You ain't the god damn pavement, stop getting walked on.
    YAS GURL YAS.
  • Agree with PPs that you need to talk to her. I am thinking you'll want to do so in the office in a public space where you'll be protected if she starts going apeshit. Or have Kelly present, since she already knows the kidnapping plan. It might embarrass Jessica, but too fucking bad at this point.

HR also needs to know. It doesn't have to be a big deal scheduled meeting, but you can mention to them that she's made you uncomfortable and you want it on record, and that if it continues you'll follow up and ask them to intervene.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Time to toss polite out the window. She for damn sure ain't being polite.

• Just gonna tell you now, don't go to lunch with anyone until the wedding is over and watch out for this crazy bitch. Just in case.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Omg!! Just tell the bitch she isn't invited and she will never be invited. I agree you need to take this to HR
  • Agree with PPs that you need to talk to her. I am thinking you'll want to do so in the office in a public space where you'll be protected if she starts going apeshit. Or have Kelly present, since she already knows the kidnapping plan. It might embarrass Jessica, but too fucking bad at this point.

HR also needs to know. It doesn't have to be a big deal scheduled meeting, but you can mention to them that she's made you uncomfortable and you want it on record, and that if it continues you'll follow up and ask them to intervene.
    I have also been lurking, but @novella1186 this. Make sure HR is aware. Also, take a deep breath! I'm sure going and talking to her wasn't easy! 

• beethery said:
    Just gonna tell you now, don't go to lunch with anyone until the wedding is over and watch out for this crazy bitch. Just in case.
    Yeah. This bitch might make you into a skin suit.
  • Good for you for spelling it out.  I still wonder if she understood though

• I would still report to HR!  She is looney tunes!
  • A+ to you!

And gold star and all that shit. Extra credit for not throttling her when she did the "omg I was totes kidding!" act. 

This trick is crazy nuts. Echoing others to say be careful.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • What a psycho! Now, I would've told that crazy bitch off a long time ago, but I'm blunt like that.

Make sure you also tell her, along with the two of you never actually being friends, she has ruined any chance of you ever being friends in the future. Any communication with and about you should be strictly about work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• You should go to HR and let them know about CrazyPants. This goes beyond someone being rude and manipulative. It's getting scary.

• I second previous posters. I would still consider going to HR (if that is an option for you). Her behavior borders on harassment. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards