Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Beige heels with a white wedding dress?

I'm having a very hard time trying to find a pair of shoes to wear for my wedding. I'm 5'8 to start with and fiancé is 6', so I don't want to wear a high high heel, and then I can't walk in stilettos to save my life lol. I found these shoes that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE but I'm worried they will clash with my white wedding gown. Just looking for some input on what you all think. Thanks in advance!

Re: Beige heels with a white wedding dress?

• Options
    Those are cute! I don't think they'll clash at all. And I actually really like when things don't math PERFECTLY.

Plus, unless you have a shorter dress, no one will really see the shoes!
  • Options
    They look beige and white.  I think they're fine!  No one will see them anyway.
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Those are cute!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Those are lovely! I say go for it. 
  • Options
    Those are really cute! I don't think they'll clash.
  • Options
    rcher912rcher912 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    I'm really not sure how much anyone but you will see/pay attention to your shoes, especially in terms of color.

I LOVE those, though, so I vote yes. They're so cute!

ETA: I just mentioned this thread to FI, and he's very much in the camp that white dress = white shoes. Well, now I know what I need to do...buy new shoes! hah.
  • Options
    Go for it! They look really cute and comfy... and more white than beige! 

I'm wearing nude/blush (it's some color in between the two) flats. I just had an alterations appointment with the shoes and my ivory dress, and I think they looked really pretty together (when I purposefully stuck my foot out! Otherwise they weren't noticeable at all)

And tons of people do bright colored shoes on purpose! 
  • Options
    Hi OP! Glad you got some good responses, but I am moving this to the attire and accessories board.
  • Options
    Those shoes are really cute! I love them but I honestly think beige will clash with the white wedding dress. 

What is your color palette? A great alternative would be to have the shoes dyed to complement a color in your palette. Depending on what color you choose, white would definitely look good with it. Instead of dying the color spot on (if the shades in your palette are dark) try a few shades lighter so the shoe color won't look harsh against your white gown. 

Congratulations by the way! 

redacted
    You can't shill for your blog here. @buttercup1958

• Options
    Those shoes are really cute wear them.They will be fine underneath your dress.
  • Options
    They will look fine! 
  • Options
    They will look great! I actually wore beige heels with my dress. It was easier than finding ivory shoes to match an ivory dress and I wanted shoes I could wear again.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    How often do you ever match your shoes exactly to your outfit? Probably not very. You'd probably wear black, navy, or nude with nearly everything, right? Your wedding day is no different. They don't need to match.

Love, the person who wore turquoise shoes on her wedding day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards