Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Are these shoes too tacky for a bride?

Our wedding is outside so I need a wedge so I'm not sinking into the grass. I also need some height because I'm crazy short! I also can't wear anything with too much of an incline because of a recent foot surgery so I thought these would meet my needs, but are these too tacky for a wedding?imageimage

Re: Are these shoes too tacky for a bride?

• Options
    They are not tacky, but depending on the formality of your dress they may not "go."  If they are comfortable and look OK with the dress then go for it.

Anniversary
  • Options
     no they are fine if they fit good and are comfortable i say rock them. i had 3  1/2 inch strappy heals the day of my wedding i was feeling sick i had my reception shoes which were flip flop wedges. i ended up not wearing my heals beacuse i was afraid with me feeling dizy and like crap i would fall walking down the aisle. 

wear what every you want to wear 
  • Options
    If you're worried about heels, you can get heels guards so you don't sink in the grass.

But no, they're not tacky. You can wear whatever shoes you please!
  • Options
    Wear whatever you want. If your dress is full on the bottom they won't even show!

• Options
    hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    No, I'd be pressed to say I don't think any shoe is too tacky for a wedding dress, especially if it's long. Part of me wants to wear freaking fur lined slippers since I'm having a winter wedding and I'll be on my feet all day lol.

As long as your shoes don't have some offensive symbol or something on it, I don't think any shoe is too tacky.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I think they look cute. If you want to dress them up, add some decorative shoe clips for the day. You can find a wide assortment of them on etsy and even amazon. Here is a linke to a set just for an example. Easy way to bling up a pair shoes.

http://www.amazon.com/Absolutely-Audrey-Athena-Rhinestone-Clips/dp/B00FNHNCAU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1423660330&sr=8-5&keywords=shoe+clips+accessories

• Options
    I wore very similar shoes for my outdoor wedding. I had a satin A-line gown, but because it was long, no one really saw the shoes anyway. I'd say if they are comfortable, and meet your needs, they are fine.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards