Not Engaged Yet

Unpopular Opinions/Irrational Irritations/I Judge

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Irrational Irritations/I Judge

• labro said:
    audrewuh said:
    I judge: People who constantly pin/post depressing quotes that relate to their lives. I mean, if you read something and it REALLY "speaks to you", great! Read it, save it, whatever. I don't want to be depressed about your life every time I look at Facebook/Pinterest/whatever. 

I judge: People who can't budget for their weddings (with or without help). Step 1: Figure out how much you have, how much you're getting, how much you can save. Step 2: Figure out how to divide that up among everything you have to pay for. Step 3: Make adjustments as needed. Want to spend more on one thing? That means spending that much less on something else. DONE. It really isn't rocket science.

I judge: Cheesy wedding/e-pics. I'm talking over-edited, angled shots (I assume you weren't actually standing on a 45 degree incline, so why make it look like that), and/or sensual/sexual shots. I do not need to see a photo of the bride's cleavage from above.

Whoops.

Oops, me too. Guess our photographers learned from the same book.

Looks like @hummingbird125's judging pants will be extra tight today.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    II: These threads aren't as much fun as they used to be when we could call out specific posters.
    ...but we are?

ETA: When it applies. 

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • audrewuh said:
    II: These threads aren't as much fun as they used to be when we could call out specific posters.
    ...but we are?

ETA: When it applies. 
    Eh, maybe it's just that there's not worth much calling out then.

• I forgot some!

II: I hate it when new people who sound really cool post in the GTKY thread and then never join in the conversation! I also hate it when clearly BSC people post in the GTKY thread and then never join us here. I also ALSO hate it when someone posts in GTKY, makes an intro post, sounds cool, and then disappears FOREVER! Yeah, I'm talking to you @fenway214.

II: People who ask for advice or opinions and then reject said advice/opinions because they didn't get the responses they wanted. If you're just looking for validation then say it, that way I don't give a thoughtful response if it isn't what you're looking for.

• Unpop Op (maybe): I don't like the word tits, especially when directed at me. (@peekaboo2011)

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    @labro I feel ya on the responses. I try to reply to everyone, but I end up spending half the morning reading through everything so I can reply. Eek!

@keptinstitches I do agree with the other ladies about all of the alterations on such a beautiful dress. The original is just so classic and timeless. As long as you're happy with the outcome and your seamstress is able to do everything you like, then that's all that matters. Like you said, different strokes.

I'm doing a confession because I don't play by the rules either, @audrewuh! Confession: My new favorite snack is chocolate Teddy Grahams. I'm 5 years old, and I don't care. One serving isn't too bad for you, and they're sooooo good. I also frequently snack on Goldfish...

II: People who post selfies every day. I don't care what you look like every day, and no one else does either. Also, the quotes some people post with the selfies about how hard they work to look good aggravate me to no end. You can love yourself without being an AW.

I judge: People who post every detail about their wedding on FB/IG. A friend is getting married two weeks before me, and she has posted EVERY SINGLE DETAIL about her wedding on FB. She's posted pics of the BM dresses, the venue, the cake topper, etc. It's ridiculous.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @labro - YES I DID. THOUGHTS. TELL ME YOUR THURSDAY THOUGHTS. 

@audrewuh - I'm with you. I hate that word. 

• labro said:
    III - Lately H seems to want to know every detail of some of my text or fb conversations I have with friends. It's really bugging me, I don't feel like I need to constantly reveal every detail of my social life to him. Just let me stare mindlessly at my phone! I feel like I'm being interrogated even though I know that isn't his intent, he's just trying to drag me out of phone-land and into reality again. Is it wrong to say I just don't want to talk about it?

Confession - I would LOVE if FI wanted to know all the details of my convos. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @LaBro - No, you're also smiling, so you're fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    labro said:
    III - Lately H seems to want to know every detail of some of my text or fb conversations I have with friends. It's really bugging me, I don't feel like I need to constantly reveal every detail of my social life to him. Just let me stare mindlessly at my phone! I feel like I'm being interrogated even though I know that isn't his intent, he's just trying to drag me out of phone-land and into reality again. Is it wrong to say I just don't want to talk about it?

Confession - I would LOVE if FI wanted to know all the details of my convos. 
    I always make something up if I don't want to tell him. 9 times out of 10, I'm texting @elleof8ed and I always wanna say "noneya". My mom used to ask me a gazillion times who I was talking to when I was in high school and texting became a thing, so I feel like my mom is nagging me when H asks. 

• lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited February 2015

I judge TK for not fixing the damn picture issue that's making half of our images not work. Or maybe that's just my computer and I should judge my office instead.

II: I live close to none of you and can meet none of you. Would some of you just visit Toronto already? Except not now because it's fucking freezing.

II: None of my BMs have picked up their dresses yet. They know they're at the store. It's really a non-issue, but just go pick up you damn dresses please; this will turn into a RI if the store starts pestering me about it.

I judge my FMIL for telling me that I should take stuff off my registries as the wedding gets closer "so more people will gift money". Whaaaaa?

Editted for clarity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 I just got back to BC last night. The -30 to -40 windchill nearly did me in over the last week. Yikes!

II: There is scheduled work being done all day today in our street that requires our power to be turned off from 9 am to 3 pm (at least). I took today off too before going back to work and I'm mega pissed I'm finally home and my damn power is off all day.

UO: My photographer posted pics of a recent wedding of a gorgeous bride that got a lot of likes on FB. Beautiful wedding, but she wore a Pnina Tournai dress (spelling on that?) And I HATED it. She's so pretty but it looked like lingerie. But so many people commented how they loved it. Ick.

II: After buying my MOH dress for my BFF's wedding and starting to add up the other costs for it, I'm spending a LOT on this wedding. I'm super excited for it but the dress was a lot higher than my anticipated budget and while I have the money, it just means I now have to save a lot this year again for a wedding instead of our future (kids, house, travel). I kind of hope I don't have another wedding to be in for awhile after this one, but BIL will likely be in wedding mode in another year or two as well. Love the weddings ans love being in them but I want my bank account to be able to grow!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • II: I don't have a cleavage shot to post. I want to show off my boobs in my dress but my dress style didn't make that happen.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @labro and @eilis1228 I am in the same boat with responding. I do care about everyone here and read through all of the responses, but because of the time difference there are normally 30 or more responses by 9 am here, and I just can't keep up all of the time. 

Also completely agree with the irritation of looking for validation only @labro

@audrehwuh and @swazzle completely agree about that word. 

Also breaking the confession rule but I was good and didn't buy any girl scout cookies this year!

Anyways, confession: I made a public Pinterest wedding board and have been pinning on it like crazy to try to win a contest. I normally keep my wedding boards secret and don't share much on Facebook or other social media, but I really would like to win $10k. 

UO: I don't care about any awards shows, or celebrities in general. I have my own life to worry about; I don't care that so and so rich person is pregnant or cheating etc. 

I judge Williams-Sonoma for starting a registry in my name because I attended a bridal show and adding gift cards to it. I fixed that as soon as I knew that the registry existed. 

I judge the natives here who say anything under 65 degrees is cold. 

• I'm new so I'm still learning the ropes around here. But thought I'd contribute something at least:

II: I have so many phone calls to make, and I hate making phone calls. I'd much rather correspond through email. I have no idea why that is.

II2: Sometimes I really hate my doctor, he just seems to not understand. I'm trying to let it go, maybe he's just busy and I'm reading into nothing.

C: BF and I haven't been on a date in what feels like forever. Life always seems to get in the way. I'm forcing a date this weekend.

C2: I have a terrible memory, so when following these threads it takes me a long time to learn who is who, but I'm trying!

C3: I'm not sure if I did this right, but I'll learn eventually.
  • @samarixe

I hate making phone calls. There's some weird anxiety I have about them, and at my new job, a lot of people are older and don't use email (how they get away with this, I will never know), so I have to actually call them. It's dumb. I don't like it. I feel you. 

On your second II, you really really should find a new doctor. 

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    audrewuh said:
    audrewuh said:
    I always make something up if I don't want to tell him. 9 times out of 10, I'm texting @elleof8ed and I always wanna say "noneya". My mom used to ask me a gazillion times who I was talking to when I was in high school and texting became a thing, so I feel like my mom is nagging me when H asks. 
    Confession: This makes me feel like I'm 100 years old. I didn't have a cell phone until my senior year of COLLEGE, and I'm 99% sure that there wasn't even texting enabled.

II: I am with the others about responding to everyone in a thread. If I get in the thread too late, I won't even post, because I don't really want to take 45 minutes responding to people. It also irritates me that if people don't respond to other people in the thread, those people then won't acknowledge your post. This is a new thing, and I hate it.

II: I get eyerolly at the South with their "storms" but I get SO FUCKING PISSED OFF at the people who live HERE who can't function. You live in god damn Upstate New York. It snows here. ALL. THE. TIME. Yes, this winter sucks. We have 89403 feet of snow, -50 wind chills, and it fucking sucks. That doesn't mean that you get to turn into a RAGING ASSHOLE who can't clean off your car/forget how to drive/park however or wherever you want/be an inconsiderate dick. /endrant
    1. If it makes you feel any better at all, it was my junior year of high school and I unlimited texting definitely wasn't a thing. I got grounded a lot, since my phone was "for emergencies only".

2. YES. So. Much. Yes. Like, I used to be able to jump in after 30 posts and go off of something one person said and be included in the conversation. Now, it's like you're not even there if you don't take time to reply to every. single. person. 

So, NEY, I'm calling you out for being rude to posters who want to talk, but don't really care what you're doing this weekend today. 
    Both of those! Exactly!

@goldenpenguin I'm sick of snow, and sick of jerks who can't deal with it and cause accidents. 

@goldenpenguin @audrewuh And I can NEVER get through all the responses! And keeping up with exact screen names in order to respond.... ohhh, all the scrolling! I tend to just give up. I almost feel like I"m not allowed to post UNLESS I comment on what everyone else, or a bunch of people, said too, so I often don't respond to these posts unless I feel like someone said something I can think of to respond to. That was really poor sentence construction. Sorry! 

Irrational Irritation: Blue Nile. Stop sending me sales for wedding rings. I bought it already. UGH. And Minted! I bought my invitations (YAYY!) and as soon as I did, they gave me a 15% off coupon for wedding related purchases. DAMNIT. I had used a 10% off plus free shipping one, so it wasn't so bad but still. Sales are MEAN. I totally get why JC Penney thought they would make people happy by getting rid of them. 

And people with jobs. I've been torturing myself by going through facebook and linkedin and looking at what everyone I know does for work. Sorry if I'm becoming an annoying broken record guys....."jobs jobs jobs." 

I Judge: myself. Too much usually. I really need to work on it And my good friend, who is always complaining about the guy she is dating, and says things like "he doesn't text me enough."  and "He had me pay for my own dinner." (wtf???? 2015 yo. it's okay.) I worry for her. I hope she's happy with someone eventually. And also... she's ALWAYS got a personal crisis going on (But she has family, and a job, and money, and lots of people to date...) , and I try to talk her down and talk her out of it and be a good friend and tell her how great she is.. but right now IIIIIII have a personal crisis! And I'm not sure I'm a good enough friend to deal with her stuff right now, since she doesn't seem to want to help me with mine for more than one day.

• @Twodimes H & I love Family Feud

II: My body is stupid and not doing what I would like it to do.  Sorry this is vague but it's way more upsetting and stressful than I thought. 

I agree with the UO: at work professional setting leggings should not be pants.

Anniversary

• UO: I love leggings. I have one pair that I wear to work that are thick (no see-thru) and I wear them with tall boots. 

They make my ass look phenomenal. #noregrets

*******************************************************************************************

• @lilacck your friend sounds like a self absorbed brat. 

@goldenpenguin I haven't tried leggings as pants at my new office yet, but I wear them and I like them. Getting dressed AND going to work on the same day is hard sometimes. The little things help make it tolerable. 

• Confession:  All I want to eat is chocolate and cookies and sugary goodies - to hell with "healthy options"!!!

II - H usually calls me on his way home from work; I usually get home 1-2 hrs before him... This week I've just felt like he's interrupting my "personal time"; which this week has been 'nap time' which I blame this weather for me being tired all the time.  Usually I don't mind so much.

@TwoDimes UO - I agree - at work (and in other professional/formal settings) leggings are not pants!  I also would like to remind some ladies that leggings ARE indeed tight fitting and don't hide much... so please get the proper size or maybe wear a longer shirt.

Anniversary
  • audrewuh said:

On your second II, you really really should find a new doctor. 
    I would really like to find someone else. But at the end of the day, he's absolutely brilliant. And the only one in the state who actually treats what I have all day, every day. I know I'm in good hands. Thanks for your suggestion though!

lilacck28 said:
    I Judge: myself. Too much usually. I really need to work on it And my good friend, who is always complaining about the guy she is dating, and says things like "he doesn't text me enough."  and "He had me pay for my own dinner." (wtf???? 2015 yo. it's okay.) I worry for her. I hope she's happy with someone eventually. And also... she's ALWAYS got a personal crisis going on (But she has family, and a job, and money, and lots of people to date...) , and I try to talk her down and talk her out of it and be a good friend and tell her how great she is.. but right now IIIIIII have a personal crisis! And I'm not sure I'm a good enough friend to deal with her stuff right now, since she doesn't seem to want to help me with mine for more than one day.

I don't think that's a reflection on you, but more on her. You sound like a great friend.

------------------------------

I second everyone who's sick of snow and cold. It was 5 yesterday with a wind chill of I don't even know. I go through this dialogue with myself every year, "next year I'll move somewhere warmer". But I never do.
  • @LaBro I think you would make a FANTASTIC mom some day! 
  • @dignity100, the hell with health and I'll join you in food-type debauchery.
  • @labro I want a hamburger now. 

• @LaBro - Confession: My whole Wedding registry was 'stupid' items - we put like a PS4 and an XBox One on it... we NEVER shared our registry with ANYBODY though (I don't even remember the password to get into it).  I had a coupon from Target that basically said 'create a wedding registry and we'll give you a $20 Gift Card' - I just wanted the $20 gift card.  We did however get a coupon for 15% off anything we didn't get at our wedding for our registry (ladies, keep that in mind if you register at Target).

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards